X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Twins were never going to be in the final fight

When....

Spoiler:
    Sentinal kills Ironhide, he was going to kill the twins as well (You can hear someone screaming out Mudflaps name in the confusion afterwards).... but i guess Bay decided to keep them out completely instead of a small dose with them being killed

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

But Ironhide gets killed and that's it no respect or afterthought over it.... Like the disrespectful scene in the last movie where they just drop Optimus Prime's corpse 30 feet to the ground.... That to me upset me as it showed a bit of disrespect. They could have lowered him down nicely.
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        But Ironhide gets killed and that's it no respect or afterthought over it.... Like the disrespectful scene in the last movie where they just drop Optimus Prime's corpse 30 feet to the ground.... That to me upset me as it showed a bit of disrespect. They could have lowered him down nicely.
        As someone put it to me, when a military team are out on deployment and one is killed in a fight.... they don't stop the fight and mourn the dead soldier, they carry on and mourn after the fight is over.... which was really after the end of the movie

Plus people believe the reason for Prime's attitude (''Kill them all') was that he was just fed up of all the losses he's had... Hide beign the tipping point.

But i do agree that they should have either removed or relocated the scene with Sam & his parents from after that and had a quick scene of the Bot's mourning Hide

EDIT- that scene in ROTF is apparently from either a comic or the original cartoons...so, while disrespectful, it's also a Homage...

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Transformerwhos?

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
            Okay, it's still awesome, can't wait to watch it on DVD again, the battle scenes had something of battle:Los angeles right?
            Chicago

Comment

In the 2nd movie Blackout was called Grindor..... And yay for his head getting ripped off.

I have a few bits I hated in the new film. Super advanced robot Optimus Prime but a few wires manage to mess him up. Come on. And was just as much fun seeing Megatron's head getting ripped off. Let's hope he stays dead....

it was a fun film but I think it could have had a better story...... 6.5 for T2 and I gave this the same rating.
              Regardless of his strength it would be tough to get himself free suspended like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                Plus people believe the reason for Prime's attitude (''Kill them all') was that he was just fed up of all the losses he's had... Hide beign the tipping point.
                I don't believe it was an issue of him being fed up. It was possibly a factor, but he had taken the extreme measure of letting humanity get it's ass kicked just to prove a point.

There is a lot of damage in Chicago, a lot of dead on Prime's conscious because of it, not to mention the loss of several of his own subordinates. Deciding to kill them all would serve several purposes. Showing how awesome the Autobots are, making a point with the remaining Decepticons, showing how terrible Decepticons are yet humans and Autobots working together as friends can overcome adversity and bring peace to the world. Typical kiddie show morals and lessons that appear in every episode of old shows we liked as kids but tend to ignore because of huge CGI robots and cities being ripped apart.

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                Chicago
                I don't believe he was asking where it took place, just that it was like the movie 'Battle: Los Angeles".

--
                It's been out a few days, so was I the only person who noticed Spock's line from The Wrath of Khan?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  I don't believe it was an issue of him being fed up. It was possibly a factor, but he had taken the extreme measure of letting humanity get it's ass kicked just to prove a point.

There is a lot of damage in Chicago, a lot of dead on Prime's conscious because of it, not to mention the loss of several of his own subordinates. Deciding to kill them all would serve several purposes. Showing how awesome the Autobots are, making a point with the remaining Decepticons, showing how terrible Decepticons are yet humans and Autobots working together as friends can overcome adversity and bring peace to the world. Typical kiddie show morals and lessons that appear in every episode of old shows we liked as kids but tend to ignore because of huge CGI robots and cities being ripped apart.

I don't believe he was asking where it took place, just that it was like the movie 'Battle: Los Angeles".

--
                  It's been out a few days, so was I the only person who noticed Spock's line from The Wrath of Khan?
                  I caught that line. I think Prime had no choice but to fake their deaths. Kill them all is what needed to be done and the betrayal probably pushed him over the edge.

Comment

I caught that line. I think Prime had no choice but to fake their deaths. Kill them all is what needed to be done and the betrayal probably pushed him over the edge.
                    IMO, Prime did what had to be done. Both with us, and the Decepticons.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Regardless of his strength it would be tough to get himself free suspended like that.
                      I guess but he did have swords and an axe
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I usually try to avoid actively working to ruin peoples fun so I don't want to sound petty here but I'm honestly trying to understand the fans point of view with this.

So for the fans, of the 3 movies, maybe you can help me out. I just don't understand why it's OK for the Transformers to have such a small role in these movies??? Someone brought up that Starscream was killed and that they were their favorite bad guy. But how could he have left an impression? A Transformers fan will know of Starscream from previous media of course but, in this movie series? Did he do anything at all? Seriously? The movies combined run time is 7 and a half hours. And in all that time how many lines did he have? He had 2 in the first movie and 5 in the second. That's literally a cameo. And not an important either. If "I live to serve you, Lord Megatron" were cut from the film nothing in movies would have been different. His part could have literally not existed and affected nothing. And he's supposed to be the third most important character in the franchise. It would be like if Aragorn or Gandalf had a half dozen lines tops in all of the Lord of the Rings movies put together. That seems like it would be a deal breaker to me. I mean, I'll admit I haven't seen the most recent movie but since I have heard the Decepticons have mostly the same level of screen-time as before, how could so few lines over the course of so many hours of movie play time be sufficient to the fans at all? He didn't even have enough time to show much personality in these 3 movies. In fact, in other media, his most defining trait was that he wanted to overthrow Megatron and lead the Decepticons himself. Well 3 movies came and went and there wasn't any hint of his ambitions at all. In fact in the second movie, it revealed Megatron had never actually been in charge himself in the first place. In the second movie there was one scene where he displayed a bit of sycophantic behavior but that was it. And in the first one he was a generic robot.

Even if you loved all the human characters and the humor and the directing and the action sequences, shouldn't the Transformers be the actual draw instead of Shia LaBeouff? I don't have anything against him, but I honestly don't understand why his part is so big compared to Optimus or Megatron. I've heard even the human villain has more of a role than Megatron and Shockwave.
                        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Loved this film, Leonard Nimmoy was awesome tho i both laughed and rolled my eyes at the star trek line he used

i thought the Ken Jeong bits were pretty funny,

Spoiler:
                          tho i think that man acts just so he can take his pants of for the camera
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

I guess but he did have swords and an axe
                            His arms were tangled too. Like a bug in a spider web.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                              I usually try to avoid actively working to ruin peoples fun so I don't want to sound petty here but I'm honestly trying to understand the fans point of view with this.

So for the fans, of the 3 movies, maybe you can help me out. I just don't understand why it's OK for the Transformers to have such a small role in these movies??? Someone brought up that Starscream was killed and that they were their favorite bad guy. But how could he have left an impression? A Transformers fan will know of Starscream from previous media of course but, in this movie series? Did he do anything at all? Seriously? The movies combined run time is 7 and a half hours. And in all that time how many lines did he have? He had 2 in the first movie and 5 in the second. That's literally a cameo. And not an important either. If "I live to serve you, Lord Megatron" were cut from the film nothing in movies would have been different. His part could have literally not existed and affected nothing. And he's supposed to be the third most important character in the franchise. It would be like if Aragorn or Gandalf had a half dozen lines tops in all of the Lord of the Rings movies put together. That seems like it would be a deal breaker to me. I mean, I'll admit I haven't seen the most recent movie but since I have heard the Decepticons have mostly the same level of screen-time as before, how could so few lines over the course of so many hours of movie play time be sufficient to the fans at all? He didn't even have enough time to show much personality in these 3 movies. In fact, in other media, his most defining trait was that he wanted to overthrow Megatron and lead the Decepticons himself. Well 3 movies came and went and there wasn't any hint of his ambitions at all. In fact in the second movie, it revealed Megatron had never actually been in charge himself in the first place. In the second movie there was one scene where he displayed a bit of sycophantic behavior but that was it. And in the first one he was a generic robot.

Even if you loved all the human characters and the humor and the directing and the action sequences, shouldn't the Transformers be the actual draw instead of Shia LaBeouff? I don't have anything against him, but I honestly don't understand why his part is so big compared to Optimus or Megatron. I've heard even the human villain has more of a role than Megatron and Shockwave.
                              It would cost too much to be entirely about the robots.

Comment

It would cost too much to be entirely about the robots.
                                It's not just about the cost, as they could easily do a CGI Transformer movie. A big reason for the human focus is because of the idea people aren't going to enjoy a movie that doesn't involve a human hero, or a human villain, or humans in general saving the day, while speaking English and often with an American in the lead.

Examples:
                                47 Ronin remake, filmed in Japan with Japanese actors, yet Keanu Reeves is the main character.
                                Dragonball Z film: White dude playing Goku.
                                Street Fighter: Focuses on Guile, the US character, rather than Ryu, the Japanese character.
                                Prince of Persia: I don't think there was one actual Middle Eastern actor in that beyond background extras. Despite also having a large English cast, the main character was an American actor.

It's not always like this, but usually it is.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X