Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just thought I'd say that I really like threads like this because it gives me ideas about what I'm going to start watching next. Some of my favorite shows are ones that I came to late in it's run or even after they were cancelled. (I saw my absolute favorite - Farscape - for the first time last year.)

It's posts like these that have convinced me that Babylon 5 will be one of the next shows I start watching. (Also Firefly - though I also have tons of friends that have been telling me I need to watch that show.)
    sigpic
    Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Stargate or star trek for me, I have only seen a few Farscapes and I find it entertaining but it does not compare wit the latter

I have never seen Babylon 5, I am too young and they don't syndicate it

Comment

Farscape

It has a great mix of ideas, wonderful characters and stories with unusual and innovative points of view, not to forget astonishing settings (Moya!) and last but not least the puppets, especially two of the main characters.
        Its like a wild rollercoaster where you don't know what to expect the next second, with a great balance of humour, crazyness and darkness.
        Especially in Season 1 the humour is a big point, although it has its really dark tones and a happy ending isn't something you can expect after an episode.
        Season 3 has the "honour" to have wrecked my nerves since there was barley or no light at the end of the tunnel.

What I love the most are the strong characters and the focus on them. We get to know them pretty good and it is astonishing how the characters evolve through the seasons.
        And Scorpius is imo the greatest villain of all times, someone you can't simply hate, someone whose motivations you understand and who is in a way trustworthier than his opponent....which is kind of creepy.
        That's all folks.

Comment

The top two in my eyes would have to be Farscape and Stargate SG-1. No doubt about it.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I can't decide. I love Sci-Fi so much.

I am a long-time Trekkie so I would say Star Trek minus "Enterprise" in general but I also love The X-Files, Battlestar Galactica and Babylon 5. Also there are books and movies to consider and there are so many great ones. The whole "Foundation" Cycle from Isaac Asimov for example or "2001: A Space Odyssey" by Arthur C. Clarke. and what about such amazing movies like "Blade Runner" and "The Quiet Earth" ?
            He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
            He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
            And he's wonderful.

Comment

Odyssey 5!

I could never get into Farscape, probably because of the fact I ahve never seen it from the start and the DVDs cost too much.

BSG is good too, butyeah, it's not sci-fi-ie enough for me.

Comment

My top 3 of all time
                Battlestar Galactica
                Babylon 5
                Enterprise
                and
                Stargate SG-1 (1-7)

Comment

All depends on what mood I'm in and how long it's been since I've watched it..

Star Trek is family. Saw me through tough times. It soothes....

StarGate is homage and humour and people like us....

Babylon 5 is literature, theatrical, refined, philosophical

Star Wars is Saturday morning cartoons

Firefly is ...... way too short

BSG is for when I want to drink and feel blue

All good. I can't relate to Greatest ....

Comment

Oh, I like that! Good summary!
                    Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

i signed up here just to say Babylon 5, i love Babylon watched it when they were first on (i was very young) i have just gone and brought all seasons on dvd, once i get a spare 80 bucks ill get the movie box set, but yes its an awsome show life would suck with out it

Comment

Favorite series would have to be Star Trek (pretty much all of them). I've been a Trekkie for a long time and outside of Enterprise (which I am currently re-watching on SciFi because even though it was not my favorite, reruns of any Star Trek series are better than pretty much anything else on), I loved them all. The X-Files would be my number two.

As far as movies, there a lot of great ones. There are some really good ones from the 50's (and no, not the ones about the radioactive ants the size of 18-wheelers roaming the Southwest - LOL). More recently, I would say 2001 or Blade Runner. And of course, for pure entertainment value and pop culture significance, you can't leave Star Wars off the list (or at least, Empire, which was the pick of the litter IMHO).
                        sigpic

Comment

my fav movie other than babylon 5 movies would be the ice pirates, its a funny movie.. you should all watch it

Comment

My personal list would be:

1. Stargate (I own the first eight seasons on dvd)
                            2. Halo
                            3. Star Trek
                            4. Star Wars
                            5. Babylon 5

But get this, there's a new book series coming out in a few months called Star Rogue that I think will blow them all away!
                            Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

My top 3:
                              1. Farscape
                              2. Stargate
                              3.Buffy the vampire slayer/Angel

Comment

Firefly is basically the greatest show ever made, as far as I'm concerned.

BSG is great. Stargate (of course) is fantastic. Trek is classic (DS9 being my fav). Only saw maybe a dozen or so episodes of Farscape, but 'twas very good.

I could never get into Babylon 5. I "accidentally" watched one entire episode, and was blown away at how good it was... then I tuned in the next day to watch more and was saddened to see that the episode I had seen was actually an "out of the ordinary" episode, in terms of style.

Comment

Working...
                                X