Primeval : Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Hmmmm...interesting stuff...I didn't think Torchwood was gory in the least bit.
    Their last season on Starz was a bit more graphic than usual given the fact they were on a pay channel that allowed them more freedom than on a commercial station or network.
    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Anyone know the state of the original Primeval? Season 6? Just started to get into the show, pretty positive about the spin-off now that Wood and Amanda Tapping are on as directors.

Random:
      No idea why we in Britan call a Season 'Series' just seems rediculous to me lol

Comment

No word on a new season so far. Not looking good but there's still hope for a movie so that's something
        sigpic

Comment

Andrew Lee Potts is going to guest star in New World apparently.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

http://cultfix.co.uk/primeval-new-wo...urns-16836.htm
            Well, heres the first casting news from the new series.
            Connor will guest star in the first episode apparently.

Comment

*grins* I like seeing that Niall Matter is in the cast line-up.
              sigpic

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2012/0...alent-onboard/
                From Gateworld homepage...

Comment

I'm not really all that excited about the spin-off.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                    I'm not either. Having Stargate alums doing the directing and producing doesn't make me feel any better. The only interesting thing I've heard so far is that Niall Matter will be in it. Love him in Eureka. I also like the fact that that Connor will be in the first episode so I'm hopeful that it will be a good episode.

The other things I've heard about the direction they are taking the show in... "older, darker and scarier" doesn't bode well in my mind and the cast being... "younger, sexier" doesn't mean it will be good, the rest of the cast are unknowns to me and the idea that they are going to "delve deeper into the characters' relationships" makes it sound like shows I typically avoid.

I guess I'm hoping to be surprised rather than hoping for a great show... if that makes sense.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                      I'm not excited about it (there will be no Emily or Jess or Jennifer or Abby or more Connor or Matt or Becker or Lester...), but I'm not not excited about it. I don't quite know what to think really. If that makes any sense at all...

I love - really really really love - Primeval, and I think I'm just afraid that the Canadians are going to come short to continue the awesomeness that is ITV Primeval.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        I'm not excited about it (there will be no Emily or Jess or Jennifer or Abby or more Connor or Matt or Becker or Lester...), but I'm not not excited about it. I don't quite know what to think really. If that makes any sense at all...

I love - really really really love - Primeval, and I think I'm just afraid that the Canadians are going to come short to continue the awesomeness that is ITV Primeval.
                        *nods head* I think you summed it up perfectly!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                          *nods head* I think you summed it up perfectly!
                          Thank you - glad I do make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                            I'm not either. Having Stargate alums doing the directing and producing doesn't make me feel any better. The only interesting thing I've heard so far is that Niall Matter will be in it. Love him in Eureka. I also like the fact that that Connor will be in the first episode so I'm hopeful that it will be a good episode.

The other things I've heard about the direction they are taking the show in... "older, darker and scarier" doesn't bode well in my mind and the cast being... "younger, sexier" doesn't mean it will be good, the rest of the cast are unknowns to me and the idea that they are going to "delve deeper into the characters' relationships" makes it sound like shows I typically avoid.

I guess I'm hoping to be surprised rather than hoping for a great show... if that makes sense.
                            Every time I hear "Younger, sexier" this comes to mind:
                            The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Comment

Now I won't be able to hear/see those words without thinking of that... and feeling like the real SG team felt after seeing it.

For some reason I now always think of this when I watch the episode of Primeval with the velociraptors in the bowling alley/shopping mall.
                                Spoiler:
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X