Primeval : Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arica15 View Post
    As far as I am aware the next series airs on Watch in May and will then be back on ITV later in the year - originally I believe it was supposed to be next year but I think I heard that ITV have now decided to show it earlier.

UK episode

Spoiler:
    half of me loved it (Danny!) but honestly I was glad to see the back of Ethan and Emily.....and if anything's happened to Becker I will not be a happy bunny.....what would Jess do then?
    Spoiler:
    Do we have a Becker/Jess shipper in the house?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      Spoiler:
      Do we have a Becker/Jess shipper in the house?
      UK episode

Spoiler:
      Yes, I am utterly ashamed of myself for it but they are just so adorable I can't help it!!

And I was really ready to hate Jess before the season started

Comment

are you sure that the season is already finished? or is there a hiatus and they will continue later on this year with more episodes?
        Grimm returns October 24
        sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
        Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by Arica15 View Post
          UK episode

Spoiler:
          Yes, I am utterly ashamed of myself for it but they are just so adorable I can't help it!!

And I was really ready to hate Jess before the season started
          UK
          Spoiler:
          I didn't really take to Jess straight away but as the eps went on she grew on me

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
          are you sure that the season is already finished? or is there a hiatus and they will continue later on this year with more episodes?
          The UK don't do ridiculously long hiatuses. Only breaks they usually take is over Christmas/New year, Easter and Bank Holidays.

This season is over but if I remember correctly the new season is supposed to start on Watch this year some time.
          sigpic

Comment

UK
            Spoiler:
            I didn't really take to Jess straight away but as the eps went on she grew on me

The UK don't do ridiculously long hiatuses. Only breaks they usually take is over Christmas/New year, Easter and Bank Holidays.

This season is over but if I remember correctly the new season is supposed to start on Watch this year some time.
            UK Episode

Spoiler:
            yup, I really expected to hate her but ended up liking her

As I understand the situation with Primeval series status is that series 4 and 5 were filmed together but are considered by the producers and the channels to be two distinct series and will be sold on DVD as such.

The BBC through Doctor Who are experementing with a break later this year but I suspect its not going to prove to be that popular -

Comment

I knew there was something about the two seasons but couldn't quite remember what it was.

You mean the BBC are going to have a ridiculous amount of a break half way through Doctor Who? Oh good lord I hope not. That's one thing I hate about being so close behind the US on shows, having to endure this godawful hiatus midway through a season. I find it hard to get back into it when the show starts it's second part of the season. But for some reason I don't have that same problem when it's a new season that starts.
              sigpic

Comment

I knew there was something about the two seasons but couldn't quite remember what it was.

You mean the BBC are going to have a ridiculous amount of a break half way through Doctor Who? Oh good lord I hope not. That's one thing I hate about being so close behind the US on shows, having to endure this godawful hiatus midway through a season. I find it hard to get back into it when the show starts it's second part of the season. But for some reason I don't have that same problem when it's a new season that starts.
                I don't know how long of a break they are planning, just that there's going to be one. And as I'm having a hard time with Doctor Who now I doubt I'll stick with it.....

Still as far as I am aware Primeval will be on Watch sometime in May and could be back on ITV in a few months

Comment

UK
                  Spoiler:

Lol. I liked Jess straight away........course that might be because she's 2 parts brains and 3 parts gorgeous.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

OMG! That season finale was awesome! Really nice way to end the season, and possibly the show...
                    Apparently we might get a series 6 in 2013, but the episode was also made to be a final episode
                    But that ending! I wonder what the consequences are going to be of Matt staying in our time...
                    Glad Lester survived
                    Brilliant end to a really strong season...
                    Last edited by Teddybrown; 28 June 2011, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                      OMG! That season finale was awesome!
                      I strongly disagree here. I thought the episode was terrible. Everything tied up all too fine for the events to be believable (yes, I know that it's no real in the first place, but seriously).

When Conner, Matt and Abbey end up in Matt's future:
                      Spoiler:
                      They just so happen to be within 5 feet of a small bunker (or whatever it is). One minute Conner can hardly breath, the next, he's running around like there's no tomorrow - all because Abbey told him she'd marry him (I actually thought she whispered to him that she was pregnant). Then you've got Philip turning from bad guy to good guy in 60 seconds, Matt rescuing Emily rather quick (bare in mind the size of the facility, he had no idea where she might have been held) and Matt survived that implosion... I'm sorry, I just can't see it.
                      Too much of a coincidence-based episode for me. It all came together far too well (and not in a good way).

Really nice way to end the season, and possibly the show...
                      This I'll grand. The ending was just enough to leave the show here, or, if needs be, to continue with it.

Apparently we might get a series 6 in 2013, but the episode was also made to be a final episode
                      If we get a series six, they need new writers, and should maybe think about going back to the early seasons for some input. They were by far the better episodes. There have hardly been any monsters with significant CGI in the last two seasons. I've read also, that there is a similar (reboot) of this show starting up in Canada soon?

But that ending! I wonder what the consequences are going to be of Matt staying in our time...
                      Can't think what it might be, except that his future wouldn't exist anymore. If Conner saved the present, Matt's time doesn't exist, so does he exist? Would he phase out of existence? What was with the 'double'?

RBrilliant end to a really strong season...
                      See my first quote-reply.
                      sigpic
                      It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Seems we have really different views... lol
                        I think these last two seasons have been on par with the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
                          I strongly disagree here. I thought the episode was terrible. Everything tied up all too fine for the events to be believable (yes, I know that it's no real in the first place, but seriously).

When Conner, Matt and Abbey end up in Matt's future:
                          Spoiler:
                          They just so happen to be within 5 feet of a small bunker (or whatever it is). One minute Conner can hardly breath, the next, he's running around like there's no tomorrow - all because Abbey told him she'd marry him (I actually thought she whispered to him that she was pregnant). Then you've got Philip turning from bad guy to good guy in 60 seconds, Matt rescuing Emily rather quick (bare in mind the size of the facility, he had no idea where she might have been held) and Matt survived that implosion... I'm sorry, I just can't see it.
                          Too much of a coincidence-based episode for me. It all came together far too well (and not in a good way).
                          You make some good points there.
                          Spoiler:
                          I actually didn't think of those things except for the Emily thing. He found her way too quick to be believable. I mean that place was big, how would he even know where to begin looking? But he finds her just in time to make it out of there in one piece.

The other thing I was confused at was how Matt walked away without a scratch after driving into the Anomaly.

I too thought Abby told Connor she was Pregnant, guess we were both wrong

I thought it was a pretty good ending but I didn't think it was explosively great. At least they gave us a decent ending where they could either leave it there or continue, unlike some other shows I can think of which ends in unbelievably frustrating cliffhangers with no conclusion.
                          sigpic

Comment

I would need some help. I had put my DVR for recording the last episode of Primeval on German TV. Finally I had the time to watch it today, only to find out that my DVR skipped the last part. The last thing I saw was
                            Spoiler:
                            when they learn that there are mutants at the arc and that probably they can stop the anomaly by using the prototype
                            Does anyone know where I could find a good recap of this episode so that I can get what I missed? thanks
                            Grimm returns October 24
                            sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                            Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Spoilers for the silly submarine episode:

Spoiler:

So, just a minor annoyance here, what Naval officers have TPTB been hanging around who would actually ever argue that 'nuking ANYTHING works', that has got to be the poorest bit of writing that I've ever encountered. That officer was a piss poor characature of a stereotype that doesn't even exist in Britain...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I love this show and looking forward to the next season.
                                I wish they would bring back Douglas Henshall. He was my fav character.

Comment

Working...
                                X