Primeval : Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    Wasn't massively fond of this latest ep.

I've been very much enjoying the power struggle between the ARC and the military, but today's ep just didn't work for me. It seemed odd that they'd seize the building in such a fashion, and even more odd that it would result in the team fleeing. At the end of the day, they may be "villainous" but, the military in primeval aren't the NID or such like, if it was a legitimatly sanctionated transference of duristiction, I can't see how it went down that way. It just felt extremely contrived.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Bah, I'm so behind on season three...went on holiday and missed a couple of episodes, and ITV catchup online is rubbish. (Tiny wee screen smaller than Youtube, and dreadful picture quality that pixilates if you go full screen. Bah.)

On the other hand, today I bought season two for cheap. Lovely silly fun.

Comment

Where I am S3 has not yet started, so I am waiting with eager anticipation as they have started showing clips for it (commences May 16 I think) and looks fabulous. I have avoided viewing the thread so that I would not have any spoilers. I certainly hope the comment above about ITV having cancelled it proves to be incorrect.
        ---------------------
        sigpic
        Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Yup, someone points out that ITV have denied that it's been cancelled. I think it's doing fairly well at the moment...

Comment

I hope too it's not cancelled/will be cancelled, after the early shock it really grew on me again ...
            Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

I decided to tune in to see if this show has improved. But yesterdays episode was an absolute joke.
              Spoiler:
              I can see why two of the main actors have quit.
              Last edited by Dumper; 11 May 2009, 11:47 AM.

Comment

I am so happy that season three is finally coming to BBC America, It has taken a lot of determination not to watch it on my computer but its all worth it to see each episode for the first time on my 52 inch plasma screen.

Oh and Dumper thanks shouldn't you have said that in spoilers.
                sigpic
                Alt Reality Stargate Fanfic Click and coment
                STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

Originally posted by Dumper View Post
                  I decided to tune in to see if this show has improved. But yesterdays episode was an absolute joke. I can see why two of the main actors have quit.
                  I agree that it wasn't a very good ep this week but i've enjoyed all the other eps this season

Originally posted by General_Finley View Post
                  I am so happy that season three is finally coming to BBC America, It has taken a lot of determination not to watch it on my computer but its all worth it to see each episode for the first time on my 52 inch plasma screen.

Ooh it'll be so worth it. It's not the same watching it on a monitor!

If I mind right doesn't S3 have more eps than the previous seasons?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                    I agree that it wasn't a very good ep this week but i've enjoyed all the other eps this season

Ooh it'll be so worth it. It's not the same watching it on a monitor!

If I mind right doesn't S3 have more eps than the previous seasons?
                    It has 10 eps.

The dragon ep was a bit...well...questionable...

Comment

Spoiler:

I don't get why on earth they didn't think to close the anomaly to the dragon's time period that was on the other side of the anomaly to the Knight's world.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean View Post
                        It has 10 eps.

The dragon ep was a bit...well...questionable...
                        Oh cooie, thanks I wish we done shows like the US, they make like 20 But I don't think we have the resourses for that

Yeah it was. I was ok in parts but overall I think it was quite weak for an ep. Well you can never have every ep great. Overall i've been really liking this season. I've liked all the seasons
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                          Oh cooie, thanks I wish we done shows like the US, they make like 20 But I don't think we have the resourses for that

Yeah it was. I was ok in parts but overall I think it was quite weak for an ep. Well you can never have every ep great. Overall i've been really liking this season. I've liked all the seasons
                          I prefer shorter seasons. 20 odd episodes leads them to be sloppy and not purposeful, and you get episodes that are frankly dire. Generally a 13 or 10 episode season is much better imo. With more direction.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                            Spoiler:

I don't get why on earth they didn't think to close the anomaly to the dragon's time period that was on the other side of the anomaly to the Knight's world.

erm....good question...

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                              I prefer shorter seasons. 20 odd episodes leads them to be sloppy and not purposeful, and you get episodes that are frankly dire. Generally a 13 or 10 episode season is much better imo. With more direction.
                              hmmm, you know, that's actually a very good point It does stop some of those dire standalone eps!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by General_Finley View Post

Yes i apologise for that, now corrected.

Comment

Working...
                                X