Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scientists vote on best scifi film of all time...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mio
    I've never finished 2001, I found it boring and annoying.
    The book is much better. And makes the twenty minutes of monkey action make sense 2010 is a better movie (and i thought a better book as well). The only SciFi movie with slower pacing than 2001 though.... is Star Trek the Motion Picture

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
      The book is much better. And makes the twenty minutes of monkey action make sense 2010 is a better movie (and i thought a better book as well). The only SciFi movie with slower pacing than 2001 though.... is Star Trek the Motion Picture
      Only....because....it has....William..... Shatner.....In.... It.
      sigpic

Comment

I think 2001 was a clever movie, better book though. And it was soooo slow. But Solaris was even slower. I haven't seen the Clooney version and don't really feel any urge too. And I do...mean....s..l..o..w....v..e..r..y....s..l..o..w.

*Thud*

Sorry that was me falling off my chair because I fell asleep just typing about that movie.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Do you need a bandaid or anything shipper? yes? no?

How did the matrix 1 not make it up there? Or terminator 1 or 2?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
            Star Was is fantasy and Alien is horror. How did these three films get voted as best sci-fi movies?
            In an article AG linked to in her first post the reporter said the scientists chose SW for sentimental reasons, the science being "sketchy at best." (Non-existent, IMO )

I wonder if they were presented with a limited choice or any sort of criteria. Gattaca should have made it to the top 10.

As for the authors... Wyndham and Hoyle, eh? Not bad, but, just how old were these scientists?

Bear, Benford, Brin - now these guys know how to write great science fiction!
            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
              How did the matrix 1 not make it up there? Or terminator 1 or 2?
              I only listed the top five. The rest of the top ten includes:

6. Terminator 2 (1984/T2: Judgement Day (1991) - called "incoherent fictional science"
              7. The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
              8. War of the Worlds (1953) - (made an even better radio show, IMO )
              9. The Matrix (1999)
              10. Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)

Read the article at the Guardian. The definition of "scifi" being used is a broad one.

BTW, I have never seen Star Trek: The Motion Picture in one sitting. I always fall asleep.
              Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
              O'Neill: Who doesn't?
              - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
              - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
              once done, cannot be undone...
              brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Working...
              X