Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Dresden Files won't be a good lead-in!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never listen to critics. So many of my favourite shows and movies got terrible reviews, but I like them because they were consistantly enjoyable. I don't care about Oscar-winning performances or a dark, gritty social commentary. I like to be entertained.

Besides, Stargate never got very good press and critical acclaim in its 10 years of running, and yet it is still one of my favourite shows. Dresden Files sounds interesting, so I'm definately going to check it out.

Comment

I thought the show was pretty good. Could have used a 2 hour premier though.
      Cream Cheese, the people's cheese.

Comment

I hate Bob, but the rest of it... there's potential. It makes me REALLY wanna read the books again though.

I'm sure people will say it's crap, though, and complain about how far SCIFI has fallen and carp about how it isn't real science fiction and "they cancelled Stargate for this?" and similar comments, but... Whatever. If you go into a show knowing you're going to hate it, wanting to hate it and looking for things to hate... Surprise, you're gonna hate it.

I'd rather judge a show based on its own merits than attack it for not being another show or for being on the "wrong" network.

Comment

I am not going to judge it on that criteria, if it is a good show its a good show, even if it does not belong under 'science fiction"

Comment

The premiere wasn't bad. But, I wasn't that impressed either. I'll have to watch it for a few more weeks. Hopefully it will grow on me. If not, I'll just tune out.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              The premiere wasn't bad. But, I wasn't that impressed either. I'll have to watch it for a few more weeks. Hopefully it will grow on me. If not, I'll just tune out.
              I wish more had been done with Harry and his "no eye contact" thing. I remembered that out of the blue about halfway through the ep. It's hard to tell on camera angles alone but it sure looks as if he's looking people in the eye... and if not it seems strange that no one mentioned it. The kid and his mum at the very least.

Comment

OK, started an actual discussion thread for the show here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=39819 rather than continuing to intrude on the "look at all these people who said the show sucks- how right they must be, even if we haven't seen it!" vibe that was being sought here.

Comment

It was interesting... I'm not surprised it got such harsh reviews, but I was entertained while watching it. Since it is the lead in to BG, I'll probably give it a few more episodes.
                  It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

From what people are saying it sounds as if the first ep aired wasn't the pilot. Apparently that would make FAR too much for a network like SCIFI. That may not excuse everything but I doubt it helps matters much either.

Comment

I also have the sinking feeling that BSG will be cancelled following this season. Instead of accepting the fact that it still gets great ratings for cable, Sci-fi wants BSG to break out. Unfortunately, they ignored their best chance for good ratings, which was keeping it with SG-1 and Atlantis.

What I read and saw about the Dresden Files made it look pretty stinky. I don't expect it to last beyond the first run of episodes.

Cheers!

Dan

Comment

So if BSG does get canceled are folks gonna attack Dresden Files and blame it for getting BSG canceled?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                          So if BSG does get canceled are folks gonna attack Dresden Files and blame it for getting BSG canceled?
                          Of course, why stop following a trend?

I mean everyone knows SG-1's cancellation was Eureka's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                            I mean everyone knows SG-1's cancellation was Eureka's fault.
                            That's right, I almost forgot!

I wonder what'll be blamed for killing Atlantis. Flash Gordon?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                              That's right, I almost forgot!

I wonder what'll be blamed for killing Atlantis. Flash Gordon?
                              Painkiller Jane!

Comment

The fault is obviously Sci-fi's, who can't seem to promote a great show and instead moved it next to a new show with modest possibilities. The Dresden Files might be good, but it doesn't have the fanbase of SG-1 or Atlantis to help BSG draw new viewers (and better ratings).

Speaking of Sci-Fi's dumb ploys, tacking on a bonus scene at the top of the next hour to screw Tivo viewers is not helpful in drawing fans. I know they're trying to get people to watch it live with their bonus online content, but it's only going to anger fans, especially when the scene is important.

Cheers!

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X