Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Village Is probaily the 2nd best movie he has ever made its not quite like what the previews make it too be though , Unbreakable was a big bore fest and the only fun part was laughing at its rediculous and ludicrous story ,Signs was a ok pop corn movie if you shut your brain off and dont mind the plot holes.

Sixth sense is still the best movie he has made.

I found the forgotten actually is a good movie that M Night Shamalon fans will enjoy , I wont spoil that like someone spoilt it on me even though it was still good anyways.
    The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

I'm a fan of all Shyamalan movies: I'd probably rank Signs as my favourite, then The Sixth Sense and The Village tied in second place, then Unbreakable. There all great movies, though. All valuable additions to my DVD collection. You're right about The Forgotten it does sort of have a Shyamalan feel to it, plus it has the scares as well.

Comment

Heads up! M. Night Shyamalan's next project according to Cinescape is 'Lady in the Water' and is scheduled to start filming in August '05 for a July '06 release date. It sounds pretty different from his other movies. Sounds like it has the potential to be awesome, though. I know people were mixed on 'The Village', but I thought it was pretty damn awesome.

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial...8&obj_id=44818

Comment

Cool. I love Shamalayan's stuff. My only problem with "The Villiage" is that I guessed the outcome before the movie even started... I'd already enountered a similar fake out about a month before.

-IMF
          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I didn't twig on the ending, but that's cause I had been anticipating the movie for months and had my own theory on what was going to happen.

Comment

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial...8&obj_id=48398

Look who Shyamalan's looking to cast in Lady in the Water. Bryce Dallas Howard... aka Ivy Walker from The Village. That's cool how he carries over actors from movie-to-movie. Bruce Willis in The Sixth Sense then Unbreakable, Joaquin Phoenix in Signs and The Village, and now BDH in The Village and Lady in the Water.

Comment

I just think it's cool how it's a semi-mermaid movie (well at least it sounds like one).

Comment

Yeah, it sort of does, but it will have the Shyamalan twist.

Comment

Is it going to be a horror/thriller kind of movie like Signs and The Village?

Comment

I'm not sure... It sort of sounds more like The Sixth Sense or Unbreakable to me...

Comment

I just read at FilmForce that it's been classified as a Fantasy Thriller...

Comment

Fantasy Thriller, I like the sound of that.

Kinda off on a tangent, but still in the general area, Brad Kern (the creator of Charmed) is making another series about a mermaid. Is there going to be a trend?

Comment

Let's hope not. It's almost a given that Shyamalan will put an original twist on the concept. Maybe that's why he's doing it with Warner Bros. instead of Touchstone (Disney)...

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                              Fantasy Thriller, I like the sound of that.

Kinda off on a tangent, but still in the general area, Brad Kern (the creator of Charmed) is making another series about a mermaid. Is there going to be a trend?
                              a movie called Aquamarine is beng released April 14, 2006 (according to the optonline movie section.) the synopsis is as follows:
                              Synopsis:
                              Two girls discover a mermaid in the pool of their neighborhood beach club. When the mermaid develops a crush on a boy who works at the club, the girls plot to return her to the sea to save her life.

its classified as a "romance comedy",

Comment

That's three...

Thanks for the link... *Looking at IMDB* Jojo? As in the singer? Looks like another teen movie... M Night's project looks all the better now.

Comment

Working...
                                X