Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HA! I was right! Master Yu is voiced by the same guy who does the voice of Uncle on Jackie Chan Adventures. That's been nagging at me. I finally got a chance to hunt it down.

There are a couple of surprises in the voice casting. Matthew Fox did a guest voice. And Hector Elizondo was the owl (!!). Oooo, and the Earth King is Wilt from Foster's Home! That explains so much. And Wil Wheaton? Seriously? Man, there're all KINDS of people sneaking around in voice work.

Comment

I just finish watching season1 and 2 of this series and I have to say I love it.
      The only thing that kinda felt missed place for me is that I would prefer that it was voiced in Chinese or Japanese. Its just that when you have a concept that is based on the east, the experience is more genuine if they spoke in their native tounge. In saying this, this has nothing to do with racial context at all so don't take the wrong way.
      sigpic

Comment

But then the mouths and the dialogue won't match up!

And welcome to the Avatar fandom travis (or "Avatards" as we are liked to be called, apparently)!

In the last few days before school I did another marathon, watching the entire series over again, and man, it just gets better and better. Little character moments that I thought was just cute before now feels so much deeper thanks to the depths of the characters that we get to see in the later parts of Book 2 (i.e. The Desert; that ending was just intense).

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
          HA! I was right! Master Yu is voiced by the same guy who does the voice of Uncle on Jackie Chan Adventures. That's been nagging at me. I finally got a chance to hunt it down.

There are a couple of surprises in the voice casting. Matthew Fox did a guest voice. And Hector Elizondo was the owl (!!). Oooo, and the Earth King is Wilt from Foster's Home! That explains so much. And Wil Wheaton? Seriously? Man, there're all KINDS of people sneaking around in voice work.
          yes I know

Zuko's farther is voised by Luke Skyw... I mean Mark Hamill

Comment

Well, this is interesting:

http://movienews.virgin.net/Virgin/L...movies,00.html

I don't like the sound of this...

EDIT: Other links to the story can be found by simply googling Avatar the last airbender in GoogleNews.

Comment

Hmmm... I had just been wondering last night what an Avatar movie might look like and dismissed it as "unlikely."

Given that James Cameron has just announced he's going to make the 3D epic Avatar I can't help wondering which decision was made first- Cameron's or Shyamalan's.

How disappointing for MNS to go from intriguing original movies to something pre-existing and aimed primarily at kids. Don't get me wrong, I love Avatar to pieces, but I love it as is and I don't think I want to see ANYONE trying to make it into a movie. And a trilogy? Ugh.

Comment

I feel the same way; there's a magic to Avatar that attracted me to it in the first place. M. Night might make a good movie, but without Mike and Bryan's input, it just won't be Avatar.

Comment

Ok, reviving this thread to announce some of the more recent developments in Avatar:

1. According to sources within Nick, Season/Book 3 will either start in April or, get this, September. Apparently, Nick renewed the show later than usual last year, and thus forced the staff to start working later. The first episode won't be completed until April.

2. A new online game, Avatar - Escape from the Spirit World, has been, well, online now, for a few weeks. The games are not that interesting, unless you're pretty young I suppose, but they do come with some "comics" that show some past events in the past Avatars' lives (ie. Roku, Kyoshi). They've also introduced the Avatars before Kyoshi, the waterbender Kuruk, and the airbender Yangchen.

Anyway, you can access the game here: www.avatarescape.com. To access the "comics" (they're actually mini movies), you'll need the secret codes. For Roku, it's "Pathik"; for Kyoshi, it's "Bosco", and for Kuruk, it's "Kuruk". Yangchen's comic won't be online until next Saturday.

3. The episode titles for the first 4 episodes of Season 3 have been revealed. I'll put them in spoiler tags:

Spoiler:

301 - The Awakening
                  302 - The Headband
                  303 - The Painted Lady
                  304 - Sokka's Master

4. Finally, a new Avatar short, titled "School Time Shipping" is online as of today at this link: http://www.nick.com/avatarshort/ The code is "Koh". It's pretty funny.

Whew, that's a lot.
                  Last edited by PG15; 17 February 2007, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Thanks PG15 for the up date. I'm really missing this show alot.
                    Tried the game did'nt really like it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Will have to remember to check out those links when I get home. *grumbles about work*

Grr on the possible delay of the third season. I want new eps NOW, dammit!

Comment

^Don't we all. September makes no sense...no sense making it does!

Originally posted by travis View Post
                        Thanks PG15 for the up date. I'm really missing this show alot.
                        Tried the game did'nt really like it.
                        You can skip the little games. Believe me, the "comics" are worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                          Will have to remember to check out those links when I get home. *grumbles about work*

Grr on the possible delay of the third season. I want new eps NOW, dammit!
                          dont worry

the ''school time shipping'' short has Irohs new voise actor in it so help you pass time by till new episodes come out

I couldent even tell the differance <_<

oh and it makes fun of all those stupid ships like Zutara and stuff
                          Last edited by kharn the betrayer; 23 February 2007, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Hey, don't bash the ships! <--Kataanger.

Anyway, if you don't want to play the game, here are the links to the comics themselves:

http://a1926.g.akamai.net/downloadst...pter1/Roku.mov
                            http://a1926.g.akamai.net/downloadst...er2/Kyoshi.mov
                            http://a1926.g.akamai.net/downloadst...ter3/Kuruk.mov
                            http://a1926.g.akamai.net/downloadst...4/Yangchen.mov

Right click, save target as...

Comment

Kataang I dont bash that much despite the fact I hate Katara

mostly because unlike say... Zutara(ugg they barley have any scenes together and when they do its trying to kill each other) it makes sence (considering the show creators force it down our necks)

other pairings I hate are

Zaang (or what ever you call Zuko X Aang) and Zoka(or what ever you call Zuko X Soka)

I have freinds that bash Zutara for not making sence yet they worship Zoka and Zaang like no tommorow despite not making sence either

Comment

I cannot tell you how utterly repulsive I find the concept of ANY shipping going on in Avatar fandom. The Aang/Kitara crush thing I can live with and Sokka's crush on whomever is fine, but crossing any lines into sex/serious relationships? Squick.

EDIT: the short was cute. I had to remind myself that Iroh's voice was different. If you concentrate you can hear the difference (lighter, not as much gravel), but it's just as easy to accept it as true.

EDIT 2: Wouldn't have minded playing the game, but I'm not gonna register for it, so thanks for the clips, PG.
                                Last edited by ShadowMaat; 23 February 2007, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X