No announcement yet.

Quantum Leap Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy up, I'm only new to QL My first experience with Dean Stockwell was most likely Beverly Hills Cop 2 still working my way through season 3. Saw 8 1/2 Months last night - amusing. Is it just me or did they tone down Al's character a little in season 3?

Comment

just saw Shock Theatre. Usually with episodes that involve the main character in danger I always feel assured that they'll be alright in the next ep. Shock Theatre is one of the few that has made me forget they'll be alright and sit on the edge of my seat.
      I was wondering if they'd ever do a recap episode. It was interesting to see the different personalities manifest - sorta following on from when that psychic in the circus episode said "you have been reincarnated many times".
      At last we see another character from the future in ST! And at last Al gets his own act loved the rap he had going. Nice swap at the end. Can't wait to see how that turns out.

yes, sadly, I've only just finished watching season 3.

Comment

I remember this show and it was great!! I only saw a few episodes and never got to watch the last one, but now knowing that Sam never got home was sad.

Didn't he get home in one of the episodes, but it was Al who was then stuck in Sam's body, can't remember, and in the end he had to leap anyway. Geez, it was so long ago I can't remember anymore
        Proud Thunker of Carson Beckett and John Sheppard
        and Captain Jack Harkness
        Creator of The Rockett - Rodney & Beckett Thread
        Priestess of the Lab Coat Love Association
        Proud owner of the chant *sigh..swoon..faint..Thunk!*
        I live here.....Calling All Australians?
        My other home...Stargate Down Under
        My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of special features on the season 2 & 3 DVD sets (please don't tell me 4&5 are the same). What's with that? Surely they could have knocked something together other than the doco on season 1.

The thing that impresses me about Scott Bakula is that he can truly sing. Although I found the piano playing a little over done in season 3

Comment

found a heap of Quantum Leap icons *wooo!* mostly Al.

http://mckay-ocd.livejournal.com/26471.html

Comment

QL was probably one of the first sci-fi shows I really loved. (I liked Greatest American Hero, too, but I was four when it aired, so that doesn't count! :::wink::

As much as I adored Sam, I always had a crush on Al. I was thrilled to see Dean Stockwell on SG-1 and BSG.

God, favorite episodes? Hmm. A musical theater lover, I always had a soft spot for "Catch A Falling Star"....or anything else in which Scott sang, for that matter. I loved where he would crossover and influence famous people, like Chubbie Checker, Buddy Holly, and "little Stevie King".

I'll never forget feeling totally destroyed when those words came across the screen, ending the final episode. "Doctor Sam Beckett never returned home".

BurkleBrowncoat
              Two geeks...two mics...no clue! www.podculture.net

Comment

I cried.

Comment

So did I.
                  sigpic
                  Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

He should have ascended. Someone should write a fic.

Comment

Hey is there any quantum leap fans here. I use to love that show when I was a kid. It had a great premise, but the ending was a complete disappoitment. I hope they finally make the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by mahram
                        Hey is there any quantum leap fans here. I use to love that show when I was a kid. It had a great premise, but the ending was a complete disappoitment. I hope they finally make the movie.
                        They've been talking about the movie for years, I doubt its going to actually ever happen.

Comment

I hope they do. Look at the bsg thing, it took almost 2 decades for them to bring it back, and dr.who. Both of them are successes. According to the imdb website, its slated for 06. There are so many interesting stories they could do. I hope they do a 911 storyline. If they do something along the lines with the new leaper trying to stop 911 or save the twin towers, that would be one of the most controversial scifi episodes ever. But it would be a great storyline.

Originally posted by spg_1983
                          They've been talking about the movie for years, I doubt its going to actually ever happen.

Comment

Originally posted by mahram
                            I hope they do. Look at the bsg thing, it took almost 2 decades for them to bring it back, and dr.who. Both of them are successes. According to the imdb website, its slated for 06. There are so many interesting stories they could do. I hope they do a 911 storyline. If they do something along the lines with the new leaper trying to stop 911 or save the twin towers, that would be one of the most controversial scifi episodes ever. But it would be a great storyline.
                            I first saw it on IMDb almost 2 years ago and it was listed as being released in 2004.

BSG wasn't tossed around rumored about for years before being made. It was proposed, made and turned into a series all in about a 2 year span.

With Doctor Who there was never any real question of it coming back, it was just a question of when and with what cast.

I would really hope they dont do a 9/11 storyline, its bad enough the are doing that Flight 93 movie.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                              it would be cool if they do do a movie
                              sigpic
                              Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

I think a movie would be cool too
                                Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Working...
                                X