Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw this movie a few days ago... it was fantastic; and it is very much NOT for kids.

The whole story in general was just great. And the design of all the fantasy characters was amazing, both from a technical point of view, and from a creative standpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Doze View Post
      I think it has sub-titles and I can't stand to see that in the theater. If I miss something I want to go back and see it again.
      The movie does have subtitles and they are really easy to read and follow. I never got lost once.

Also, if you know any Spanish at all, even just basic words, you should be able to follow the actors along, as they tend to speak slowly and clearly. I had forgotten most of the Spanish I learned in high school and yet I was still able to pick up on a lot of what they were saying.
      "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by Orion's Star View Post
        The movie does have subtitles and they are really easy to read and follow. I never got lost once.

Also, if you know any Spanish at all, even just basic words, you should be able to follow the actors along, as they tend to speak slowly and clearly. I had forgotten most of the Spanish I learned in high school and yet I was still able to pick up on a lot of what they were saying.
        Same here.

I don't have a problem with subtitles; overdubbing, however, I can't stand.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigFlush View Post
          Same here.

I don't have a problem with subtitles; overdubbing, however, I can't stand.
          Overdubbing is just so.....horrendous. It can make even the best programming garrish.

Comment

What an extraordinary movie. I knew it would be very dark, but it was nothing I expected. This is for sure one of the best movies I've seen so far, with great ideas, great actors and twists I never would have expected.

Spoiler:
            Especially the surprisingly bitter sweet ending. I really, really didn't know if I should be blissful or cry instead, something that never happened to me with a movie. I think it was because it ended with her being dead, not being princess.
            What her family had felt before, the onces who lost her now had to feel. And it was so hard to watch Mercedes mourning, because she couldn't know what happened to Ofelia, that she had to die to set Moenna free.
            That's all folks.

Comment

yup i saw this last week also.
              fantastic movie.
              a lot more violent than i was expecting. its definitely not a fantasy movie , and people who are thinking the 1980's film Labyrinth (wit david bowie!) are completely misleading themselves. it's nothing like that at all.

but do yourself a favor and see this.

Comment

I've seen this movie, and there are things that don't make a lot of sense to me. This is why I’m asking for help to understand.

1. What is relationship between the two worlds of magic/myth and the world of politics?
                2. Does anyone see any connections between the movie and any other classical geek myths?
                3. What do you think of faun?
                4. How did you interpret the ending? Do you think she really did rejoin the kingdom?

Comment

Great movie!!

I also recommend The Orphanage, same creators. You will love it!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X