Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So which other Discworld books would people like to see made into a mini-series/film?

Small Gods and Pyramids would both be excellent, but are probably a bit too hard to film - for a TV movie, at least - maybe not a big-budget cinema film...

Comment

Someone somewhere had asked about Susan's rendition of Jack and the Beanstalk. Can't find the original request (may not even have been on GW) but since I'm here and I'm re-reading the book, I figured I'd quote it. After all, it IS funny.

...and then Jack chopped down the beanstalk adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and trespass charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused for just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks inconvenient questions. The end.
      *eyes IMDB* Hmm... they have it slightly different:

And then Jack chopped down what was the worlds last beanstalk, adding murder and ecological terrorism to the theft, enticement and trespass charges already mentioned and all the giant's children didn't have a daddy any more. But he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks inconvenient questions.
      Interesting addition regarding the giant's children.

Did they do away with some of the gang in the movie? I remember Banjo, Medium Dave and Chickenwire, but what about Peachy and Catseye?

Hope the DVD comes out soon. It's listed on Amazon UK, but no release date. *sigh*

I've also been trying desperately to think of a a better voice for Teatime as I read it because I desperately don't want to be stuck with Marc Warren's babytalk.

edit:

Dear Hogfather,

For Hogswatch I would like a Ghastly Omnian Inquisition Torture Chamber. Thank you.
      Last edited by ShadowMaat; 11 January 2007, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X