Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder whether we should combine this thread with the other one (the Buffy/Angel Episodes Discussion) coz.. really talking about Joss just have to include all his work... (Firefly/Serenity)

Anyway.... my hero... *sigh*

sigpic
    sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
      did any of you people buy the limited edition puppet Angel puppet while they where on sale?

and my god smiletime was funny as hell...hell S5 had some real funny episodes *cue in Harmony fighting that vampire chick with chopsticks*
      I saw one on some UK site the other day.....for roughly fourty pounds.

It had a removable nose and it could bite stuff too.

Hallowed is Joss Whedon!

Edit: loooove the pic L-Jade

Comment

This is funny

http://www.oh-by-the-way-we-have-dar...shed-here.com/

Comment

lol. You know, its easy when talking about Whedon's work and forget about the fantastic Tim Minear, who worked on most of my favorite episodes of Angel, and a showran Firefly. Combined with Tim, Joss is unstoppable, and knowing that Joss wants to go back to TV, I think he should definately try to work with Tim again, because together they make phenomenal television.

Oh, and the title of the new Firefly comic is:

Spoiler:
          Serenity: Better Days (Minor Details inside)
          Spoiler:
          and is said to be set before Serenity, but after "Those Left Behind" meaning Wash will be around, but probably no Inara, and maybe no Book.
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
            lol. You know, its easy when talking about Whedon's work and forget about the fantastic Tim Minear, who worked on most of my favorite episodes of Angel, and a showran Firefly. Combined with Tim, Joss is unstoppable, and knowing that Joss wants to go back to TV, I think he should definately try to work with Tim again, because together they make phenomenal television.
            That would be wonderful- apparently Tim has a new show coming in the spring called "Drive", about a bunch of people in a car race across America I think? Nicholas Lea (Krychek from The X-Files) was originally supposed to be in it, however, I last read that he had to back out.

Comment

Lest we forget, Fray The Comic Book.

Comment

Originally posted by L-JADE View Post
                I wonder whether we should combine this thread with the other one (the Buffy/Angel Episodes Discussion) coz.. really talking about Joss just have to include all his work... (Firefly/Serenity)

Anyway.... my hero... *sigh*

I loved Firefly and Serenity. I was really sad after I finished watching them though because I knew that their would be no more to watch.
                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
                  did any of you people buy the limited edition puppet Angel puppet while they where on sale?
                  i didn't get the human puppet when it was released, but did get the Vamp version for my wife this summer.

it' cool.
                  Thanks!
                  Jordan

my page
                  My LJ
                  From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                    I loved Firefly and Serenity. I was really sad after I finished watching them though because I knew that their would be no more to watch.
                    Yeah me too. It's the same with Angel, there are only four or five eps that I haven't seen, I'll be sad when I've seen them all. *sniff*

Comment

YAY! I just bought ANGEL season 5 for $17.99+tax in Circuit City!.. it's half-price, I think they're having a sale for this week.
                      sigpic

Comment

YAY! I just bought ANGEL season 5 for $17.99+tax in Circuit City!.. it's half-price, I think they're having a sale for this week.
                        Nice! I'm hopeing to get aht one for christmas- or try to find a deal on boxing day if I don't.

What are the bonus features like- did you get the slim pack version?

Comment

I haven't open it I did rent season 5 from NetFlix last year, so I already know what's inside.. I think I got the slim-pack, the packaging is different than Angel Season 1 that I got. 6 disc, on the back it says :
                          - audio commentaries
                          - cast/crew interview
                          - Smile Time featurette, Angel 100, Choreography of a stunt, To live & Die in LA : Best of Angel, Halos & Horns, Recurring Villainy, Angel Unbound:Gag reels
                          sigpic

Comment

I haven't open it I did rent season 5 from NetFlix last year, so I already know what's inside.. I think I got the slim-pack, the packaging is different than Angel Season 1 that I got. 6 disc, on the back it says :
                            - audio commentaries
                            - cast/crew interview
                            - Smile Time featurette, Angel 100, Choreography of a stunt, To live & Die in LA : Best of Angel, Halos & Horns, Recurring Villainy, Angel Unbound:Gag reels
                            Smile Time featurette and gag reels! Sounds good!

Comment

Hello everyone.

Today I decided to do my media project for college on the subject of Joss Whedon, and to ask the question of whether he is an autuer.

I was wondering if anyone had some tips or information that you all think I might want to cover in the essay.

Thanks!

Comment

Personally I'd say yes, in both the sence of a director, and a writer.

In terms of his writing, I'd say one of the most important things to cover is the extraordinary level of original colloquialism, which often refer to older pop culture and colloquial terms from previous generations. This leads to a natural feel that many shows rarely have, unlike Farscape and BSG, he keeps to actual words in his colloqialism, but adats them for his own purposes ("Shiney" for example), this avoids the forced, or even gimmicky feel that new, original terms can generate.

His direction is always different to others, and his style adapts regularly, but he keeps to one rule "break the rules". In Angel he used minimal lighting, making use of shadow to amplify tone (The Wes/Illyria scene in what I think was "Underneath" ["two men walk into a bar" scene]). In Firefly he encouraged the use of zooms (which are generally a big "no-no" now) and never avoided blurred backgrounds and lense flares, as it helped to develop the run down feel of the universe he had created.

He doenst usually choose to create exciting new characters, in fact he generally chooses more cliched characters and adapts them as he goes. Taking Buffy as an example, the characters include:

- Troubled Teen (Buffy)
                                - The "Mean Girls" type (Cordy)
                                - The Geek (Willow)
                                - Talk dark 'n' handsome (Angel)
                                - The old and wise one (Giles)
                                - The funny, dorky one (Xander)

and yet over a lot of character development he turns these simple characters into something truly original.

All these things are classical Whedon features, and when any other show uses nything along these lines, it becomes instantly labelled as "Whedonesque" among a lot of Fandoms (Whovians on OG bring it up a lot for example)

I'll leave it for others to add to
                                Last edited by The Signal; 13 December 2006, 11:58 AM.
                                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Working...
                                X