Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my fave : Alien 2

and c'mon folks, AvP wasn't that bad...
    OK the story left to be desired, but the acting & FX were more than honorable
    and the games (which predate the movie) are quite good
    (though I was a little disappointed by AvP2. AvP1 is the better of the two, even if the graphics are a tad dated by now -)

Comment

Aliens is by far the best, then Alien.

The others don't exist as far as i'm concerned.

Comment

Check out this Batman short that's eight minutes long: Batman: Dead End

Watch out for the twist three minutes into the movie as it relates to this discussion.

Comment

My favourite is AVP
          Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post

GOOD:
            Alien
            Aliens
            Alien vs. Predator

BAD:
            Alien 3
            Alien Resurrection
            WHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAT?????!!?

AVP is no where as good as Alien 3!!!! AVP is more like a spin-off movie with Alien Resurrection, damn it! And can only be seen as good if your brain is completely switched off....like mine was at the time.
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
              My favourite is AVP

/starts hurling holy water

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

Aliens fighting Predators! Its hard to beat that action
                Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                  AVP is no where as good as Alien 3!!!!
                  The movie effectively said, "Sorry folks, Aliens never happened," because the movie might as well began with the shuttle from the first movie.

AVP is more like a spin-off movie...
                  It isn't like, it is! However, the discussion is including all Alien films, not just the main series.

And can only be seen as good if your brain is completely switched off....like mine was at the time.
                  I don't switch my brain off. I acknowledge the flaws and look past them to enjoy the movie.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

I'm sorry, but I take offense to this. Christians don't act like that. I'm not angry with you, but could you avoid this kind of joke in the future? Thanks.

Comment

Aliens Vs. Predator was a neat movie. The pyramid was cool, and it's definitely a change from the rest of the alien movies.

Alien resurrection is alo a favorite of mine, too.

Alien 3 is not a favorite, but it's tolerable.

Comment

I'm sorry, but I take offense to this. Christians don't act like that. I'm not angry with you, but could you avoid this kind of joke in the future? Thanks.
                      Never seen The Exorcist, have you?

edit; Or, come to think of it, the Family Guy scene that parodied The Exorcist.
                      Last edited by DigiFluid; 03 November 2006, 07:51 AM.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Nope. I don't watch movies that deal with demonic posession. I don't watch Family Guy either, the humor is too obscene.

Did anyone watch the Batman: Dead End movie I liked to?

Comment

Nope. I don't watch movies that deal with demonic posession. I don't watch Family Guy either, the humor is too obscene.

Did anyone watch the Batman: Dead End movie I liked to?
                          Family guy is brilliant because it can take the most serious and emotional piece of drama and turn it into something completely hilarious and different.
                          I'm not a big fan of things to do with demonic possession (I couldnt take the Exorcist seriously........at all, lol ah well) but I do love films to do with hell like Hellraiser, The Devil's Advocate and others - EVIL DEAD 3 ROCKS!!!!
                          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                            Family guy is brilliant because it can take the most serious and emotional piece of drama and turn it into something completely hilarious and different.
                            I'm not a big fan of things to do with demonic possession (I couldnt take the Exorcist seriously........at all, lol ah well) but I do love films to do with hell like Hellraiser, The Devil's Advocate and others - EVIL DEAD 3 ROCKS!!!!
                            Family Guy? Serious? Emotional? Did I just read those three things together?

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                              Family Guy? Serious? Emotional? Did I just read those three things together?
                              read the entire sentence first before commenting on it, lol

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
                                Aliens fighting Predators! Its hard to beat that action
                                No it isn't.
                                Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Working...
                                X