This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oreo
    Spike thought the show was bad and was canceled.
    No. The show was good, it even had ok ratings. Spike cancelled the show because it turned out to be less Male oriented than was expected given the theme. 50/50-ish Male/Female viewship got the show cancelled, bad business by Spike.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
      Spike thought the show was bad and was canceled. It wasn't "before it's time" it was bad and ened. SG-1 has become bad, been on 10 years and is ending. Get over it.

Oh... I quote the post just because I liked it.

i remain hopefull sg1 will continue deal with that

Comment

it was a good show. there was alot of action in it, man i thought there was a nother season to it. It seemed to have potential but the ratings are usually the reasons the network keeps shows on the air.
        part of:
        Unique Bond fansite Graphics Com ShepMagan Icons

wanna sig? pm me and ill make u one

Comment

At some Blade sites, people did mention that Spike TV had an "E-mail us if you want a 2nd season" campaign. I never could find the e-mail address on their website, so it must have been either buried somewhere in there or removed from the site.

Blade was Spike TV's 1st scripted, original series. They certainly promoted the pilot well enough. One problem was that the pilot episode was servicable, but weak. For some (many?), Blade wasn't the Blade they expected and many new viewers of Blade thought Krista and Marcus were the main characters...lol. Some noted the actors seemed nervous and gave wooden performances in the first few episodes and at least 'Sticky' needed some acting lessons.

Subsequent episodes got better and better, but the ratings took a big dive after the pilot. Later episodes got better ratings, but it might have been too little, too late to get the series renewed. It's hard to recover lost viewers if the pilot episode doesn't grab them in some fashion (the plots/overall story arc and/or the characters). Fans of the Blade comics and movies will hang around, but the casual viewer might not come back. Might have been better if the writers used the pilot episode to explore Blade's background and give some intel to viewers that haven't read the comics or seen the movies. That sets up a foundation for the series to build on and most fans know that and are willing to revisit events so new viewers can better understand the Blade universe.
          It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Working...
          X