X-Files Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan View Post
    Well I imagine colonisation will begin. We'll all be bombarded by Black Cancer bombs and eventually become hosts to aliens that will tear their way out of us.
    Wait wait, are we talking about a black oil/ alien sort of entity? Because I think that just freaked me out.
    sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
      Wait wait, are we talking about a black oil/ alien sort of entity? Because I think that just freaked me out.
      What I had in mind is the kind of thing that you see happen in The X-Files: Fight the Future and almost to Scully...but on a massive scale.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

What I had in mind is the kind of thing that you see happen in The X-Files: Fight the Future...but on a massive scale.
        OK, yes. That would be cool. Actually I expected an outbreak in FTF. That never came.
        sig made by me

Comment

I'm actually wondering if Mulder and Scully would survive now? Mulder was subjected to Black Cancer in Season 4 but was vaccinated against it and Scully very nearly became host to an alien host in The X-Files: Fight the Future until Mulder gave her the vaccine? Would they be safe against the coming apocalypse? Would their son survive also?

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

I'm actually wondering if Mulder and Scully would survive now? Mulder was subjected to Black Cancer in Season 4 but was vaccinated against it and Scully very nearly became host to an alien host in The X-Files: Fight the Future until Mulder gave her the vaccine? Would they be safe against the coming apocalypse? Would their son survive also?
            If they bring William that is. That story line was poorly handled. Almost swept under the rug. As for Scully - remember Clyde Burkman(sp) how he predicted Scully would never die? Wonder what he meant by that. Mulder is suppose to die of auto erotic asphyxiation. So unless we see him dying on top of Scully or something? Anyway, I don't think they'd be immune to the virus. I think it has the ability to change/adapt as needed.
            sig made by me

Comment

Bite your tongue. He looks matured. Although I'd admit GA has held up better than DD. I never did care for Doggett. Bored me to death. And I always saw Reyes as the whale singer. Mulder & Scully to me are the only xfiles star.

As for that pictures, someone actually did a picture comparison, and looked like DD was holding the old promo picture in his hands, perhaps to help him w/ the staging.

Conspiracy theories are not dead!
              Actually I really enjoyed the episodes with Doggett. I really can't tell you why but I did. Maybe it was just the change in character.

But i hated Reynes though drove me up the wall.

Comment

Head over to X-Files News for some photos and video of onset shooting.
                -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                  Awesome! Thanks!

Comment

Series 8 is in my opinion, one of the greatest seasons they had. Mulder still had a presence, and frankly, the plot was being sufficiently advanced. Gone were the days of wondering what the government was really up to. We KNEW. The Invasion Had Begun. We had to Fight The Future. I personally think that the tone and pace of this series would have made it an ideal last series in that it set up the premise for a less conspiracy based sequel movie about the invasion. Unfortunatly season 9 occured, which went BACK to conspiracy, making everything that was simple in series 8, a lot more confusing and frankly ridiculous. I personally wish that season 9 had never occured, and that there'd been a few Special eps of the X-Files to deal with William before "The Truth" being released in Cinemas. When we look at S9, the only eps that we need for "The Truth" to make sense are "Provenance/Providence" and "William". Why those two couldn't have been aired as a holiday special or miniseries, with the first being aired as a TV movie, I'll never know.

Frankly that just leaves "Jump the Shark" which could have been aired as either a Lone Gunmen Special or part of a four episode mini series as detailed before.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                      Awesome find! Thanks so much for posting this.

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                      Series 8 is in my opinion, one of the greatest seasons they had. Mulder still had a presence, and frankly, the plot was being sufficiently advanced. Gone were the days of wondering what the government was really up to. We KNEW. The Invasion Had Begun. We had to Fight The Future. I personally think that the tone and pace of this series would have made it an ideal last series in that it set up the premise for a less conspiracy based sequel movie about the invasion. Unfortunatly season 9 occured, which went BACK to conspiracy, making everything that was simple in series 8, a lot more confusing and frankly ridiculous. I personally wish that season 9 had never occured, and that there'd been a few Special eps of the X-Files to deal with William before "The Truth" being released in Cinemas. When we look at S9, the only eps that we need for "The Truth" to make sense are "Provenance/Providence" and "William". Why those two couldn't have been aired as a holiday special or miniseries, with the first being aired as a TV movie, I'll never know.

Frankly that just leaves "Jump the Shark" which could have been aired as either a Lone Gunmen Special or part of a four episode mini series as detailed before.
                      OK, I can agree with that. S8 was much better than S9, because of the little presence Mulder had. The whole of S9 was so much of filler episodes. I really disliked the way they handled the William story line. I think CC just did not know how to handle that baby angle. They should have never introduced it in the first place.
                      sig made by me

Comment

Awesome find! Thanks so much for posting this.

OK, I can agree with that. S8 was much better than S9, because of the little presence Mulder had. The whole of S9 was so much of filler episodes. I really disliked the way they handled the William story line. I think CC just did not know how to handle that baby angle. They should have never introduced it in the first place.
                        It's not even just Mulder's small presence, its the overall plot. Series 8 told us that the aliens were advancing their plans and had had enough of silly dealings with syndicates. They were invading. If I recall there was actually very little conspiracy in series 8 apart from a few super soldiers in key positions. Season 9 decided to change all that. In S8 we KNEW super soldiers were alien replacements, now they try and convince us they were government experiments to help win the gulf war.... once again, they try and convince us that it's not aliens at all, its the military. This MAY have worked during series 4 and 5 but certainly not after the movie and certainly not after series 6.

The whole premise of S9 was ridiculous. I could have coped without Mulder, if only they'd have ADVANCED the storyline instead of trying to go back to "ooo what's the government doing NOW?" in the hope that the X-Files could run another ten years. Don't get me wrong, there are some nice eps, 4-D and Improbable I enjoy a good deal, but the overall quality of the season was disastrous.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

My goodness....its aliiiiive!!! its allliiive!its aliiiiive!!! its allliiive!its aliiiiive!!! its allliiive!its aliiiiive!!! its allliiive!its aliiiiive!!! its allliiive!its aliiiiive!!! its allliiive!its aliiiiive!!! its allliiive!its aliiiiive!!! its allliiive!its aliiiiive!!! its allliiive!its aliiiiive!!! its allliiive!its aliiiiive!!! its allliiive!

***hyperventilates, blacks out, falls down ***

When should we start spamming the mods and darren with that X-Files section?

Comment

<snip>I really disliked the way they handled the William story line. I think CC just did not know how to handle that baby angle. They should have never introduced it in the first place.
                            Well put! I couldn't agree more! She'd finally had a baby of her own after thinking she was unable to..and she can't accept it! And then goes off on cases leaving poor William with her mum or a babysitter!

I couldn't have agreed more with this dialogue from the Season 9 episode Provenance:

MRS. SCULLY: I know you're worried about him ... that there are things about him that you just can't explain -- but even if you were to get those answers what would it change?

SCULLY: Mom, he's my child.

MRS. SCULLY: And you have to love him and raise him in spite of everything. Dana, God has given you a miracle. A child that wasn't supposed to be. Maybe it’s not to question ... just to be taken as a matter of faith.
                            The last part I agree with 110%! It would have been better if Scully and William had disappeared with Mulder between Seasons 8 and 9 if for no other reason than to have kept Scully in a good light.

In fact...I'm sure that I'd read or heard later that one of the writers or several of them thought that the introduction of William was a huge mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                              It's not even just Mulder's small presence, its the overall plot. Series 8 told us that the aliens were advancing their plans and had had enough of silly dealings with syndicates. They were invading. If I recall there was actually very little conspiracy in series 8 apart from a few super soldiers in key positions. Season 9 decided to change all that. In S8 we KNEW super soldiers were alien replacements, now they try and convince us they were government experiments to help win the gulf war.... once again, they try and convince us that it's not aliens at all, its the military. This MAY have worked during series 4 and 5 but certainly not after the movie and certainly not after series 6.

The whole premise of S9 was ridiculous. I could have coped without Mulder, if only they'd have ADVANCED the storyline instead of trying to go back to "ooo what's the government doing NOW?" in the hope that the X-Files could run another ten years. Don't get me wrong, there are some nice eps, 4-D and Improbable I enjoy a good deal, but the overall quality of the season was disastrous.
                              ITA. They got stuck almost. Didn't know which way to go. I think CC had lost some of his passion by then, and the whole court battle between him & DD, and then Fox & CC totally made a difference, how much passion went into writing/producing those episode. I think after the first movie, they just couldn't get along. Which is sad, since it was (has the potential to be once more) one of the greatest TV shows of our time.

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                              My goodness....its aliiiiive!!! its allliiive!its aliiiiive!!! its allliiive!its aliiiiive!!! its allliiive!its aliiiiive!!! its allliiive!its aliiiiive!!! its allliiive!its aliiiiive!!! its allliiive!its aliiiiive!!! its allliiive!its aliiiiive!!! its allliiive!its aliiiiive!!! its allliiive!its aliiiiive!!! its allliiive!its aliiiiive!!! its allliiive!

***hyperventilates, blacks out, falls down ***

When should we start spamming the mods and darren with that X-Files section?

Picks Integra up from the floor, dusts him off and hands a cookie. All right dear, go bug the mods. You are our thread mascot. Anyone want to second that?
                              Well put! I couldn't agree more! She'd finally had a baby of her own after thinking she was unable to..and she can't accept it! And then goes off on cases leaving poor William with her mum or a babysitter!

I couldn't have agreed more with this dialogue from the Season 9 episode Provenance:

The last part I agree with 110%! It would have been better if Scully and William had disappeared with Mulder between Seasons 8 and 9 if for no other reason than to have kept Scully in a good light.

In fact...I'm sure that I'd read or heard later that one of the writers or several of them thought that the introduction of William was a huge mistake.
                              Oh ITA! Finally she had something she never thought possible, yet she took so little care of it. Didn't make any sense at all. She was written as a woman of deep faith, and compassion prior to this story line. Then she became the this wicked mother. You just don't know how many times while watching those episodes I kept saying, in RL the DCF would be on her like fly drawn to light.
                              sig made by me

Comment

Picks Integra up from the floor, dusts him off and hands a cookie. All right dear, go bug the mods. You are our thread mascot. Anyone want to second that?
                                *eats cookie, feels better *

I know I'm cute and fuzzy but I need backup in the mod thread . If we all invade it we'll get some place . Vive la revolution

Comment

Working...
                                X