X-Files Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
    UK viewers finally have an airdate: Feb. 5! Finally!

The rest of us get an excellent Darin Morgan episode this week.
    At long last! Thanks for bringing this to UK X-Philes' attention, Lorne!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Mid-Season Trailer | Season 11 | THE X-FILES
      The X-Files
      Published on 24 Jan 2018

A thrilling look at what’s to come this season on THE X-FILES.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Oh my god, tonight's was brilliant
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
          Mid-Season Trailer | Season 11 | THE X-FILES
          The X-Files
          Published on 24 Jan 2018

A thrilling look at what’s to come this season on THE X-FILES.

Very excited for the rest of the season!

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Oh my god, tonight's was brilliant
          Yes, it was. Scully's dialogue at the end was incredibly touching.

Comment

Ep04 was so funny.

Comment

X-Files Season 11 Pauses for Olympics
              By Keva Andersen
              On January 29, 2018

http://www.xfiles.news/index.php/new...s-for-olympics

If you're dying to know how Season 11 is going to end, that wait just got a little longer. FOX has confirmed the air dates for the rest of Season 11 and the series will take a 2 week break in February due to the Winter Olympics.

"Ghouli" airs on January 31st, followed by "Kitten" on February 7th. We'll skip February 14th and 21st with Episode 7 set to air on February 28th. Episode 8 will air March 7th, Episode 9 on March 14th, and the finale Episode 10 will air on March 21st.

So mark your calendars, request days off to recover, whatever you need to do! We've updated our watch and rewatch calendar here and will add episode names and hashtags as soon as we get those confirmed.

Comment

Dammit.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Dammit.
                  I concur.

Comment

In case anyone wants to watch old episodes of the show from the 1st 9 seasons and Season 10 it looks like Fox has put all of them on demand. I'm glad they did this because there is an episode I want to see, Sunshine Days, and I no longer, as of last year, get any of the channels, Chiller and My Network Television, that have reruns but Chiller really only reran the first 2 or 3 seasons.

I finally did watch My Struggle III and I didn't expect that but that's all I'll say.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

At least it's only a two week break, and not two months.

Has anybody watched this weeks yet?

Am I right to understand that:

Spoiler:
                      Scully and CSM's son can make himself appear to anybody as anybody he has looked at? and what the hell is Fox going to do when he finds out William is his step-brother, not his son? Apart from therapy that is

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                        At least it's only a two week break, and not two months.

Has anybody watched this weeks yet?

Am I right to understand that:

Spoiler:
                        Scully and CSM's son can make himself appear to anybody as anybody he has looked at? and what the hell is Fox going to do when he finds out William is his step-brother, not his son? Apart from therapy that is
                        Spoiler:
                        Chris Carter has clarified that William isn't Mulder's biological half-brother.

Interviewer: When CSM says he’s William’s father, is he literally his father, to some biological extent? Along with alien DNA?
                        Chris Carter: No. He’s the figurative father if he’s not the actual father. He didn’t rape Scully. He impregnated her with science.
                        Despite the fact that this answer is sketchy and insensitive in terms of whether forced impregnation counts as rape, we at least know that CSM is not the biological father of both Fox and William.

Article source: http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/03/x-files-...ere-interview/
                        sigpic
                        The Return of King Arthur
                        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Chris Carter has clarified that William isn't Mulder's biological half-brother.

Despite the fact that this answer is sketchy and insensitive in terms of whether forced impregnation counts as rape, we at least know that CSM is not the biological father of both Fox and William.

Article source: http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/03/x-files-...ere-interview/
                          So basically, they didn't fully think through the implications of what they were writing

Comment

LOL didn't CSM say exactly the opposite in the last 10 seconds of episode 1? I'll need to rewatch it but I'm sure he said:

Spoiler:
                            Fox is not Williams father, I am, I used my DNA mixed with alien DNA and impregnated her artificially (IVF), or words to that effect

I think it's obvious they never thought out the story

Spoiler:
                            since they had to resort to a Dallas style resolution to the cliffhanger

Comment

Watched Episode 1 of Season 11 on Monday. I really enjoyed it...but shocked and appalled at what I heard at the end. Sincerely hoping it isn't truth.

Got to also say that I'm not surprised that they didn't pick things up right after they left off in Season 10 simply because I thought from a production POV it would be too difficult to recreate so I'm kind of okay with them explaining it away as visions.

Mulder's voice-over though...I could maybe have done without that. There was just something off about it.

Comment

Ooh I really liked tonight's episode (1107 "Kitten"). Perfectly captured that so-very-X-Files feel of government paranoia mixed with 'so grim it's almost noir.'

And of course, the also so-very-X-Files ending; the ones that make you go 'oooh,' even though you know it'll never be addressed again

Comment

Working...
                                X