Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^That was a fantastic article!

My favorite bit:

She's (Dana Walden, co-head of the Fox Network) also ready for more, regardless of ratings. “We would commit to new episodes right now, today, in advance of our launch. We are excited creatively by what we’ve seen. These episodes are incredibly consistent with the original series.”

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
      ^That was a fantastic article!

My favorite bit:

It was very encouraging to read that bit of support. Let's hope that Duchovny and Anderson have room in their schedules to do more...again assuming Mulder and Scully survive whatever Episode 6 of this new event series throws at them.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

So, I've been exceptionally excited thus far. Really have been.

However, I have a concern. And I'd like to get other X-Phile's views on this..

Spoiler:

I'm a little worried that they're hitting a huge reset here to try and take the show back to it's S1-7 era.

Not only are Mulder and Scully apparently back in the FBI (a little odd, given that at the end of S9 Mulder was on the run for his life due to having gained access to the devastating truth about everything...). Admittedly, this is in itself undermined by Mulder waltzing into the Hoover building in 'I want to believe', but even that I found a little less than credible. I find it hard to understand why, given ALL that happened in the original run, Mulder is being put back into his old position...

I'm concerned about resurrecting The Lone Gunmen, some of my favourite characters who were given a noble death and a great honour of being buried in Arlington... to me ruins their sacrifice...

The CSM is back... yet we saw him burn in an gunship induced inferno...

And by all accounts, Mulder and Scully are back to being platonic again.

Oh, and the 2012 invasion hasn't happened.

Like I said, I'm excited - but I *am* worried that this they're sacrificing progressive story telling in order to go back to a cosey tried and tested format of the early years, when what the franchise needs (in my opinion) is to be driven forwards... do any of you guys have any thoughts?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Flyboy, I'll get back to you on the points you raised after the sixth episode airs.

This is the X-Files we're talking about. Appearances can be deceiving.

Comment

I'm still trying to work out who's in the urn (in the behind the scenes segment, they showed a scene from episode 6 where Mulder and Scully are sitting on a tree trunk or bench kind of thing, and there is an urn at her feet).

I suspect it'll be their
            Spoiler:
            son, since it would be easier to have him die off-screen than have to address the issue of when he becomes an adult hunting down his parents for a family reunion.

Comment

2 days, 2 hours, 25 minutes...
              Total syffy posts: 36,690
              (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
              Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by pscard View Post
                2 days, 2 hours, 25 minutes...
                Indeed it is...for the USA at least. On Sunday and Monday America will be getting Episodes 1 and 2 whilst we in the UK won't be seeing them until "Early February" so you will have quite the head start on us. On behalf of British X-Philes here at GateWorld, may I please ask American cousins and fellow X-Philes to be courteous and considerate and use spoilers when talking about the new episodes of The X-Files. It would be so very much appreciated. Thank you so much.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

^Gladly, Alan.

I still don't fully understand why the UK television market is so behind nearly every other country on the revival airings.

After all of the great links and videos you've posted in this thread, you definitely deserve to see it within a similar timeframe as the rest of us. One X-Phile to another, you have my sympathy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
                    ^Gladly, Alan.

I still don't fully understand why the UK television market is so behind nearly every other country on the revival airings.

After all of the great links and videos you've posted in this thread, you definitely deserve to see it within a similar timeframe as the rest of us. One X-Phile to another, you have my sympathy.
                    I appreciate that and I also share in your confusion. I was fully expecting there to be merely hours between the US and UK airings so it was a great surprise when the trailer for it aired on the Channel 5 here and it ended with "Early February". I'm going to have stop visiting XFN and Googling "The X-Files", "David Duchovny", "Gillian Anderson", "Mulder", "Scully", and a lot more for the next possible 2 months which is just madness but will need to be done if I'm going to stay spoiler free. I dare-say my fellow Brit X-Philes will be in a similar situation. Help from our American cousins will help greatly in that regard.

Comment

To be fair, early February is only just over a week away, I don't know Fox's scheduling but it could be they have scheduled a break or two in the airing schedule to accoodate any delays in the Daytona 500 (which ran on a Monday evening a few yeas ago iirc). So there could be method to Five's aparant madness if they want a break free run for the series.

Comment

I don't think that any break is scheduled. Gotham is set to return the Monday after episode six of the revival is broadcast.

Tonight is the night. The wait is over.

The Return of the X-Files!!

Comment

According to what I've seen, FOX's schedule for The X-Files looks like this:

Episode 1 - My Struggle
                          Date: Sunday, January 24th

Episode 2 - Founder's Mutation
                          Date: Monday, January 25th

Episode 3 - Mulder & Scully Meet the Were-Monster
                          Date: Monday, February 1st

Episode 4 - Home Again
                          Date: Monday, February 8th

Episode 5 - Babylon
                          Date: Monday, February 15th

Episode 6 - My Struggle II
                          Date: Monday, February 22nd

So keeping Channel 5's "Early February" promise in mind, it could mean we UK X-Philes won't see Episode 1 until possible sometime after Episode 3 or after Episode 4 has aired in the US! That's 3 or 4 episodes worth of spoiler fodder right there out and about on the internet. Highly dangerous.

Comment

Did the X-Files start late for anyone else in the US?

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                              Did the X-Files start late for anyone else in the US?
                              Yeah, about 20-25 minutes late (EST).

Comment

Very cool to see all the old cast together again. But after all this time the alien invasion / govt conspiracy theory still makes absolutely no sense. Why would they hide the alien tech instead of using it to actually take over the wold?

Comment

Working...
                                X