X-Files Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
    See, you're optimistic. Pretty much everyone I've seen is convinced that the world has ended and that the revival is going to tank for various reasons. I didn't know Chris Carter was so disliked in the fandom.

Anyway, I don't share the opinions, but like I said, I'm not exactly caught up with the show to have much of an opinion at the moment.
    I try my best to stay optimistic. But it is typical behaviour for fans of any show to see or hear something about an upcoming new series to jump-the-gun and criticise without knowing the full facts about why something has happened. I like to try and see the bigger picture.

As for Chris Carter...is he hated? I'll be honest, interacting with my fellow X-Philes isn't something I've done a lot of. But I don't get that impression he is hated. If he is its by a small minority I think. He's done something that those minority don't like so he's bound to come under fire and get ridiculous and outrageous threats and things said about him. All showrunners just need to take this stuff on the chin and move on.

Well I for one look forward to hearing what you have to say once you have caught up.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

So... best episodes of season six?
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
        So... best episodes of season six?
        A great deal of them I think. I look forward to hearing what stood out for you.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

News/ The X-Files' Mulder and Scully Break Up—Why That's Actually Exciting!
          by Chris Harnick Today 2:06 PM PDT

http://uk.eonline.com/news/684873/th...ually-exciting

Your time in the broken-up couple spotlight is over, Kermit and Miss Piggy, now it's The X-Files Mulder and Scully's turn. Yes E! News has learned the iconic X-Files partners-turned-partners are no longer together. But before you go praying to your UFO "I Want To Believe" poster, hear me out: This is a good thing!

It's been seven years since we saw David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson as the beloved FBI agents/paranormal investigators and that was in The X-Files: I Want To Believe, a movie not everybody loved. Their last scene together on screen? Rowing off into the sunset, quite literally.

A lot can happen in seven years and a lot can happen in the six episodes Fox is giving viewers this winter. Don't go off halfcocked calling for a boycott or tweet campaign to get them back together. Let the story be told.

Some of the best episodes of The X-Files took place before Mulder and Scully knocked boots and had (and then gave away) William. But just because they're broken up doesn't mean they'll go back to that previous partner dynamic. The split lets Chris Carter and the writers play with something entirely new. We've seen them as strangers, as friends, as lovers and now something so different it's exciting. Bring on the new dynamic! Embrace the change.

From the clip, which isn't going to be released to the public just yet, there doesn't seem to be any animosity between them. In fact, Scully goes to Mulder out of concern and he speaks at length about his newest take on the big conspiracy theory. At one point Mulder even says, "The truth is out there." Both get very heated.

It's a new take on Mulder and Scully, one that was perhaps necessary. Yes, there can still be friction between a married couple (even Duchovny and Anderson have been quick to point out they were never really sure what the characters were in I Want to Believe) working together, but would fans tolerate seeing the break up on screen only to have them get back together again by the end of episode six or leave them in relationship limbo? Full disclosure: We here at E! News don't yet know if they'll end up back together. With this current path, viewers get something new and game changing. Seeds of hope can be planted for those who want the duo back together. It's the next chapter for Mulder, Scully, The X-Files and X-Philes everywhere.

Regardless of their status, they're still quite the pair. As viewers everywhere know, you can't really replicate the dynamic and chemistry between Duchovny and Anderson, so let's enjoy the new Mulder and Scully relationship status. Let's enjoy the new X-Files. And don't forget the most important fact: they're coming back!

If you're still not sold, at least know Duchovny and Anderson still are on great terms in real life. See the above birthday tweet Duchovny sent to "G woman."

The X-Files returns to Fox on Sunday, Jan. 24.

Comment

The X-Files revival is bringing back Annabeth Gish as FBI Special Agent Monica Reyes
            By Justin Harp
            Tuesday, Aug 11 2015, 8:24pm EDT

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s267/th...ica-reyes.html

Annabeth Gish is returning to the world of The X-Files for the 2016 revival.

FBI Special Agents Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) will cross paths with their former colleague Agent Monica Reyes in next year's miniseries.

The storyline reason for why Agent Reyes will meet Mulder and Scully once again remains a mystery for now.

Gish was a staple of the final two seasons of The X-Files, when David Duchovny was only a part-time player on the Fox series.

Other returning cast members include Mitch Pileggi as Assistant FBI Director Walter Skinner, Sheila Larken as Scully's mother and William B Davis as the devious Cigarette Smoking Man.

Bruce Harwood, Tom Braidwood and Dean Haglund will be back as the conspiracy-obsessed Lone Gunmen once again as well.

Aside from the returning stars, The X-Files revival will also introduce new characters played by Joel McHale, Annet Mahendru, Kumail Nanjiani, Rhys Darby, Robbie Amell and Lauren Ambrose.

The X-Files returns to Fox for six new episodes on Sunday, January 24, 2016. Watch a teaser below:

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
              A great deal of them I think. I look forward to hearing what stood out for you.
              Will do. That might be a while, as I am going on a kinda holiday tomorrow.
              sigpic

Comment

Dailies | ‘X-Files’ Stars Mitch Pileggi, Gillian Anderson, David Duchovny Photobombed by POTUS (Photo):
                http://www.thewrap.com/x-files-mitch...k-obama-photo/

Comment

Got season six from the library. Liked the first two episodes. Now watching 'Triangle'.
                  sigpic

Comment

So... the Lone Gunmen making a reappearance... is that based on the S10 comics? Because (spoilering for those who haven't seen the show)
                    Spoiler:
                    they died in Jump The Shark on the show. But I think I remember in the comic that they faked their death and went on the run. Do you think they will follow the comic in the reboot?

Comment

Originally posted by ajay View Post
                      So... the Lone Gunmen making a reappearance... is that based on the S10 comics? Because (spoilering for those who haven't seen the show)
                      Spoiler:
                      they died in Jump The Shark on the show. But I think I remember in the comic that they faked their death and went on the run. Do you think they will follow the comic in the reboot?
                      The TV show and the comic are two completely different things. They're separate continuities that follow on from the 2008 movie.

Comment

I've been going through season six really fast. (Don't move to planned communities with too many rules. It can be dangerous.)
                        sigpic

Comment

I've been going through season six really fast. (Don't move to planned communities with too many rules. It can be dangerous.)
                          Glad to hear you managed to get s6 from your library. I hope you aren't moving too fast through the episodes so you can savour and enjoy them.

Comment

I'm almost done, actually. There are so many shippy hints this season.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm almost done, actually. There are so many shippy hints this season.
                              Yeah, there's a lot. It was a very good season for the M/S 'ship.

Comment

I started shipping around season four. It's Mulder's fault.

What are some good episodes from season seven?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X