No announcement yet.

X-Files Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best season two episodes? I really only remember 'Sleepless'.
    sigpic
    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

The X-Files Revival: Frank Spotnitz Is Becoming a Fan Again and Offers X-Files Easter Eggs
      Chris Longo 7/10/2015 at 2:47PM
      Frank Spotnitz tells Den of Geek he won't be returning to work on The X-Files, but offers easter eggs in his new Amazon series...

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/the-x-fil...es-easter-eggs

For Frank Spotnitz, timing is everything right now. His new series, The Man in the High Castle, is set to premiere its second episode at SDCC 2015, more than six months after the pilot broke Amazon viewing records and debuted to overwhelming critical acclaim.

With the series in the middle of shooting its 10-episode order, that leaves the former X-Files executive producer and writer on the outside looking in at the series revival.

“I talk with Chris [Carter] every week,” Spotnitz told Den of Geek at SDCC 2015. “But I’m not involved [in The X-Files revival]. It’s very bittersweet because I never stopped wanting this to happen and supported the fans.”

Having been so closely tied to the mythology arc after joining the show in season two and staying through the finale (as well as co-writing the 2008 film I Want to Believe) fans hoped to see Spotnitz join Carter, Glen and Darin Morgan, and James Wong as they reunite for The X-Files revival set to air in January on Fox. Instead, he’ll be joining the fans.

“I came on The X-Files in season two, and I watched season one as a fan. Now I feel like I’m back at the beginning watching this as a fan. I’m enjoying that part of it.”

Spotnitz may be occupied at the moment, but he still keeps The X-Files in mind. He even put some easter eggs into Man in the High Castle for X-Philes that crossed over.

“In the pilot episode, there’s a truck that Joe Blake drives, ‘Lariat Trucking,’ and Lariat was the rental car company in The X-Files,” he says. “You’ll see a lot of X-Files faces because we’re shooting in Vancouver again.”

We’ll have plenty more from Spotnitz and the cast of Amazon’s The Man in the High Castle...

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

The X-Files Revival - Teaser Footage
        Published: Thursday, 16 July 2015 22:39
        Written by Avi Quijada | Editor-In-Chief

http://www.xfilesnews.com/news/lates...teaser-footage

You know it, X-Philes! More footage surfaced tonight during Wayward Pines' episode. Here it is for your enjoyment!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Nearly finished watching season two. Saw the episode with Teryl Rothery yesterday.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
            Nearly finished watching season two. Saw the episode with Teryl Rothery yesterday.
            Also be sure to watch out for future Stargate Universe star Jamil Walker Smith in S2's Fresh Bones, future Stargate Atlantis star Jewel Staite in S3's Oubliette and future Stargate SG1 / Atlantis star Amanda Tapping in S3's Avatar.

Comment

Oh, Colin Cunningham was in one of the episodes too. Getting season three from the library next. Are sea monster episodes?
              Last edited by Morgania; 17 July 2015, 09:43 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

When I found out Teryl had been in Stargate and looked up the episode, I immediately got chills. I think I only watched that one once or twice, but I still remember being disturbed by it, and without even looking up her character, I knew who she played. I felt so bad for her character, ugh!

I also remember looking up info relating Teryl to the X-Files, and I came across some magazine that said to have an interview with her about working with Gillian and David, but it wasn't posted online. I wonder if that info is still available somewhere.

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                Also be sure to watch out for future Stargate Universe star Jamil Walker Smith in S2's Fresh Bones, future Stargate Atlantis star Jewel Staite in S3's Oubliette and future Stargate SG1 / Atlantis star Amanda Tapping in S3's Avatar.
                Man, I'm going to turn into such an X-Files/Stargate shipper. I remember seeing Hammond for the first time and thinking of Scully's father, and Amanda definitely left an impression in her episode with Skinner. I'll definitely be on the lookout for other Stargate alums this time around. So many actors I know had guest appearances on the X-Files before they were famous, so I can't wait for this.

Oh, Colin Cunningham was in one of the episodes too. Getting season three from the library next. Are sea monster episodes?
                I just checked the season three DVDs, and I'm not sure about any eps with sea monsters. There's Quagmire, but I don't remember if that actually has sea monsters.

There's also Piper Maru, which seems to take place on a salvaged ship, but I think that might be when the black oil starts. I haven't looked up any of the eps in detail so as to avoid spoilers.

Was that what you were asking?
                rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Looked up Quagmire, it has a lake monster. That works.

Seems like they could have other stuff set in the ocean. It can be mysterious.
                  sigpic

Comment

Død Kalm is a season 2 episode which takes place at sea but it doesn't feature any sea creatures.

Re: actors that appeared in The X-Files and then went on to appear in Stargate...there was obviously Cigarette Smoking Man actor William B. Davis who appeared in a season 8 and season 9 episode of Stargate SG-1 and in the S2 episode Red Museum, Elisabeth Rosen went on to appear in two episodes of SG-1 as Cadet / Lieutenant Jennifer Hailey.

And someone was asking about Colin Cunningham? He appeared in three episodes of The X-Files. He appeared in the S2 episode End Game, S3 episodes 731 and Wetwired.

Comment

I saw him in 'Endgame', and went "Who is that? Oh, it's Major Davis".
                      sigpic

Comment

I saw him in 'Endgame', and went "Who is that? Oh, it's Major Davis".
                        Yes, he gets around.

Comment

Agent Doggett will definitely not be part of The X-Files revival
                          http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s26...pjcxoj1m91HrRI

-----------------------------------------------

Lone Gunmen to Return For ‘X-Files’ Revival
                          http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...files-revival/

The X-Files Revival - 4th Episode Title and More.
                          http://www.xfilesnews.com/news/lates...title-and-more

According to The X-Files' official twitter account:

Ready for more new footage of #TheXFiles? Tune in to @WaywardPinesFOX tomorrow night at 9/8c on @FOXTV!
                          The X-Files (@thexfilesfox) July 22, 2015
                          Last edited by Alan; 22 July 2015, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Mulder & Scully Return in the Latest Teaser
                            Published: Thursday, 23 July 2015 23:11
                            Written by Roileigh Ollson | Managing Editor

http://www.xfilesnews.com/news/lates...-latest-teaser

Mulder and Scully are back! And they're talking this time! Mulder and Scully saying something to each other on your television in 2015. Can you believe it? We can. Check out the new X-Files teaser that aired tonight during Wayward Pines:

Comment

I dunno 'bout you, Scully, but I'm ready.

God, I remember that being an FBI Special Agent was my dream job when I was around twelve years old. All because of Mulder and Scully. :')
                              rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                                Mulder & Scully Return in the Latest Teaser
                                Published: Thursday, 23 July 2015 23:11
                                Written by Roileigh Ollson | Managing Editor

http://www.xfilesnews.com/news/lates...-latest-teaser

Mulder and Scully are back! And they're talking this time! Mulder and Scully saying something to each other on your television in 2015. Can you believe it? We can. Check out the new X-Files teaser that aired tonight during Wayward Pines:
                                Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
                                I dunno 'bout you, Scully, but I'm ready.

God, I remember that being an FBI Special Agent was my dream job when I was around twelve years old. All because of Mulder and Scully. :')
                                As a kid, being an FBI Agent was something I'd wanted to be after watching Mulder and Scully too.

Comment

Working...
                                X