No announcement yet.

X-Files Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For that to happen, it'd have to already be made. Regardless, it can still take place in 2012 even if it's released in say, 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
      For that to happen, it'd have to already be made. Regardless, it can still take place in 2012 even if it's released in say, 2015.
      Oh I know. I'd rather it take that long than, say, enter production this instant and rushed. But it's a shame that it isn't possible. It's been...nearly 10 years? And three and a half since the last one, which was essentially an extended standalone.
      sigpic

Comment

They could release the movie either at the end of this year or early next year because I'm gonna start watching it later this year, allready got season one never got around to finish it, so ill begin it again and will go from there, have to buy the rest though each month so not sure how fast I'm gonna be able to watch it, but I loved David duchovny in californication and i have to watch x-files anyhow someday in its entity.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
          Oh I know. I'd rather it take that long than, say, enter production this instant and rushed. But it's a shame that it isn't possible. It's been...nearly 10 years? And three and a half since the last one, which was essentially an extended standalone.
          The show ran from the fall of 1993 to the spring of 2002. The first movie came out in the summer of 1998, about half way through the show's run. The second movie came out in 2008, ten years after the last movie and six years after the show ended. The finale left me wanting to see another movie. I Want to Believe was a disappointment and killed off my interest in seeing the 2012 alien invasion resolved.

Comment

This is only related to The X-Files by the actor involved but:

Gillian Anderson Joins New BBC Two Series
            Written by Tiffany Devol - Content Director
            Friday, 03 February 2012 11:53

TVWise has just announced that Gillian Anderson has joined the new BBC Two series, The Fall.

Gillian has been cast in the lead role of Detective Superintendent Gibson, and the series is being billed as a psychological thriller. The five-episode series is set to air on BBC Two later in the year. For more, head over to TVWise!

Thanks to Pat Munn for the heads up!

Link to original article here: http://www.xfilesnews.com/oldXFNback...ews&Itemid=108

I am DEFINITELY going to be seeing this! Look forward to it!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

...But, that means she will have less time to work on a possible X-Files movie...Lol.
              sigpic

Comment

Today I saw the season 6 episode "Home". Typically movies and especially TV shows don't scare me much, but OH MY GOODNESS this did. Never. Again. It was just down right disturbing. I nearly threw up after watching it.

Oddly enough though, that is why I love The X-Files, it's the only show that can actually scare/disturb me.

Comment

Ohhh yeah. That's such a creepy episode! Scared the hell out of me as a kid, and still gives me the willies today

All this talk makes me really want to start a new Chris Carter-verse watch through. But I have so much already on the go!
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yesterday, March 6th, marked the 20th anniversary of the first meeting between Fox Mulder and Dana Scully in a cluttered FBI basement office.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Hm...I forgot that the first season took place in 1992 rather than '93...
                      sigpic

Comment

I actually think they could make it a more interesting 2012 movie if the film was release in 2015, especially if they can weave in the real events that actually take place during this year. Which could create the what if question in the back of people minds as they watch the film.

I doubt we will see a overt, all guns blazing type of invasion anyway, it will be more subtle than that, more cloaked and dagger type of stuff.

But I cant see how they can create 3rd x file film without being aimed squarely at the fans. There a lot of mythology they have to get into the film.

The 2nd movie should have set up the invasion, instead they pretty much spent the whole tackling Scully not believing in the impossible and considering all the **** she encountered during the previous ten years her character was way beyond that point.

Comment

Gillian Anderson Says Third ‘X-Files’ Is “Looking Pretty Good”
                          Posted by MrDisgusting on August 27, 2012 @ 6:10am

Just a few weeks back David Duchovny opened up about his frustrations regarding a third “X-Files” feature. While he didn’t nix the notion of it coming into fruition, it did sound a bit bleak.

This evening, co-star Gillian Anderson, best known as Agent Dana Scully in the FOX series that ran from 1993-2002, took to Twitter to chat with her fan base. When asked about the potential for an X-Files 3, Gillian replied: “I met with Chris before coming here and it’s looking pretty good.” While Carter, the creator of the series, has high hopes, he unfortunately doesn’t have the say. “We have to convince FOX,” she explains. It’s also unclear if she’s referring to a new story, or if the project coming together is “looking pretty good.”

Duchovny recently told Collider, “I know I’m kind of perplexed that FOX isn’t more [enthusiastic].”

It’s hard to come down on FOX considering how absolutely terrible the 2008 I Want To Believe was. It also only grossed $20M compared to Fight The Future‘s $83M.

Link to original article here: http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/31...g-pretty-good/

Comment

Big Light: 5 Questions with Mitch Pileggi
                            Avi Quijada - Editor In Chief
                            Published on Saturday, 29 September 2012 05:35

Just in case you missed it!

Big Light has an on going project to collect short videos where members of the Cast and Crew of The X-Files are asked about their experience on the show and beyond.

This is the latest, where Alison Groves interviews Mitch Pileggi, the beloved Assistant Director Walter Skinner.

Link to original article here: http://www.xfilesnews.com/index.php/...-mitch-pileggi

Comment

I really hope we get a third film. I loved this franchise so much over the years.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

New "The X-Files" Comics Coming Soon!
                                Avi Quijada | Editor-In-Chief
                                Published on Monday, 28 January 2013 02:31

On a scoop from Bleeding Cool, we've been informed that IDW will be reprinting the previous The X-Files comic books issued by Topps and Wildstorm. In addition, IDW intends to kick off a monthly release of new stories starting in June 2013. These stories will continue the story line from the moment after The X-Files: I Want To Believe.

We have more exciting information to come about this, so stay tuned!

Link to original article here: http://www.xfilesnews.com/index.php/...cs-coming-soon

-----------------------------------------------------

Personal note - VERY exciting! I am most definitely looking forward to getting this! September 2013 is the 20th anniversary of The X-Files so this is a nice wee treat in which we'll get re-releases of comic stories from the 1990's but also a brand new comic that takes place AFTER the last movie!

Comment

Working...
                                X