No announcement yet.

X-Files Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*cushions the whole thread* Ok we should be alright now, especially if you're going to keep up with this whole posting thing Loopy!

And yes, i'm with Sat & Tracey on this.....the whole pregnant lady remark thing, soooo confusing!

As for the Sting thing(heh it rhymes! ), the last song of his I liked was Desert Rose, but i've not heard anything more recent, and of course they don't really play that sort of thing on MTV2 so i'm bound not to have!

Postally harming....not sure it was a word, but it's a great phrase so we'll just have to keep it whether the English language wants its or not!

Sis

Comment

Originally posted by Misty
      HAHA!!! "Final Repose" is one of my favorites too! I love it! My favorites though are all the ones that focus on the Lone Gunmen, especially "Unusual Suspects". "Jump the Shark" would be my least favorite... gee, I wonder why.
      The Lone Gunmen rock! Or they did until some mean person or other decided to kill them off.... *sniffle*

I love Unusual Suspects too, especially as it has Munch from Homicide:Life On the Streets in...he's such a good character, I loved that show!

Sis

Comment

HAHA!!! "Final Repose" is one of my favorites too! I love it! My favorites though are all the ones that focus on the Lone Gunmen, especially "Unusual Suspects". "Jump the Shark" would be my least favorite... gee, I wonder why.

I thought the lone gunmen were really funny at the end of existence when they delivered the present to Scully for her baby boy ....Ah I miss the 3 wise men and Mulder's face when he saw them..

caty

Comment

Originally posted by thelittlesis
          So maybe 'accidental computer fixer extraordinaire' then?
          ROTFL ok so I could live with that title!

*giggles* On par with being forced to listen to The Darkness over and over and over!
          I used to use it when Delphi had a nice habit of swallowing long posts(that combined with AOL chucking me off every so often....arg!!!) but honestly I find it easier to use the dictionary than to spell check!
          LOL oh yes, definitely on par with that! Does your sis still love them? I can't believe she got their album !
          Oh yes, with Delphi I was always using word! Just imagine how many posts we lost! There were quite a few! I remember once when I was replying to one and we were having our weekly stargate chat (I miss that...come on September ) about the episode! It was for Grace I think (so just after Christmas) and I had written so much and Delphi went all crapy and it was all lost!

And it makes such a lovely noise when you're taking the piccie too!
          That it does. It is a very loud noise too...you can turn the sound down but you can always hear it even if I put it on silent (well I think anyway )

I think hanging up is the way to go. Pity the poor telemarketer who gets hold of me when i'm ill, it was the day after i'd been really sick, and I was still all shaky...the phone rang & boy, did they not want me to answer...I think I shouted at them & hung up!
          Yep I think it is. Well that or don't bother answering the phone. Although you can't not answer the phone because it could be someone you want to speak too! Oh it was the day when you were ill! That is so typical of a telemarketer! LOL now that is the best way to do it, shout at them and hang up!

I am getting quite a lot of spam still. Not as much as I used to! I get about 12-15 junkmail a day now! That is still bad actually! It is annoying 'cos most are stupid attachments that are very big! And of course they are probably viruses! I just empty out the box as soon as I click on junkmail! It is only with this hotmail account now though! I guess it is because I have had it for about 3 years now!
          That is good you and your mum are not getting much! You are lucky!

See that's another thing I don't get...why do they play her stuff on Krang? (not a typo it's what I call it )
          Good way of calling it btw . I can honestly say I have no clue why they play her on Krang ! She is more pop punk than rock!

There is! It definitely exists...and apparently it not so innocently lurks around Delphi....
          It doesn't seem to be lurking around here though! That is a very good thing because our posts are indeed getting long again! We are back to being our old delphi selves !

Yep! And I still haven't managed to get down there...no doubt my dad will want to take piccies too )
          get him to take piccies!
          The park is next to Sainsbury's LOL! Oh well you can't have it all! But at least you have somewhere to pop into if you want something to eat or drink! Museum cafes are so expensive!

*sings* 'ahhh ooo-ooo-oooh Americaaa...'
          It really is a good album! I like finding things like that, that you have no expectations of whatsoever, so there's no way you can be disappointed when you hear the whole album.
          *Giggles* and a nice voice you have too ! It is indeed! And she is an XF fan! That is even better !

I have and I loved it too ! I love Puss in Boots too! He is so cute when he does his little cute face ! And Jennifer Saunders as the fairy godmother was brilliant! And she sang 'holding out for a hero' too! I laughed so much; she has a good voice too! We had the dubbed voice as well! It was very annoying! Although I have heard the actual part when they showed a special thingy on Sky one! But I would have preferred it in the actual film! But anyway, it was still brilliant!

((((((huggles)))))))

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

First of all I have to say *yay*! Another XF fan . Welcome to our thread!

And I love 'Unusual suspects' too! The Lone Gunmen were so great! It was sad they killed them off ! It would have been great if they were alive still and could be in the new XF movie (whenever they do it that is!).

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Caty!!!!

You posted ! Nice to see you here again!

I would post in the shipper thread more but it just goes to fast for me to keep up! Besides I don’t have anything new to say. You all say what I think . And I am trying to stay away from The Lowdown spoilers and stuff! 'I will wait till September, I will wait till September'!

Oh btw I got the link you sent me for the voting of your videos. Will click on it in a moment and start the voting !

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

One more post (wow, 4 posts in one day...it's a record ).

Loopy! I was reading the paper today and there were some piccies of that F1 racing thing in London! Have you seen any? If not I could scan them for you and email them to you so you can see!

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Shame on you guys for not getting such an obvious XF reference. Well Tracey got half of it. I was talking about that annoying female agent who was making whale sounds and saying Scully looked beautiful way out in the middle of nowhere where they had taken Scully to be safe. At least I still have the ability to throw everyone for a loop now and then

I say a post by someone new and someone who hadn't posted in this thread for a while. Always good to have more people in this thread. The Gunmen rocked and killing them off was just another stupid thing which was continuing the tradition of doing stupid things that started with the 8th season.

Tracey I think you should stick with 98. Your machine will most probably not be able to make the most of XP. Whenever you upgrade the machine though go with XP, even the Home version isn't that bad, but don't try to put 98 on it, doesn't make much sense.

LOL, yeah I really hate you , of course if you take it that way then I really hate myself too. Maybe we should put a Microsoft icon or something so we all know which ME we are talking about

As for the F1 in London thing I haven't seen any pics so if you get the time then scanning the pics and e-mailing them would be brilliant.

Ah Sting, writer of great music and songs IMO. Desert Rose was a cool song as was A Thousand Years, actually that whole album was great. The new album is also pretty awesome too, and to answer Tracey's question from an older post about me being a big Sting fan, the answer would be a very big YES! Sis you should try to hear at least the few songs I've mentioned on the new album, the wording really are something else IMO. Sat did you get a chance to hear them yet?

Hehe, postally harming is henceforth recognized as being a phrase in this thread. So we have yet another method in the making people do what we want them to thanks to the wonder that are forums

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
                    ROTFL ok so I could live with that title!
                    ! It's a shame you can't change your nick on here otherwise you could have had that for a while!

LOL oh yes, definitely on par with that! Does your sis still love them? I can't believe she got their album !
                    Oh yes, with Delphi I was always using word! Just imagine how many posts we lost! There were quite a few! I remember once when I was replying to one and we were having our weekly stargate chat (I miss that...come on September ) about the episode! It was for Grace I think (so just after Christmas) and I had written so much and Delphi went all crapy and it was all lost!
                    Yeah, my sis & her hubs still like them *shudders* and my best friend's boyfriend!!! What's wrong with the world?!
                    It's a good word to use...especially when you put grrr before it! Well, all we have to do is wait for new Stargate(and i'm completely ignoring the fact that America gets it tomorrow).

That it does. It is a very loud noise too...you can turn the sound down but you can always hear it even if I put it on silent (well I think anyway )
                    That's like my old cd player, you'd turn the sound all the way down but you could still hear it a little.

Yep I think it is. Well that or don't bother answering the phone. Although you can't not answer the phone because it could be someone you want to speak too! Oh it was the day when you were ill! That is so typical of a telemarketer! LOL now that is the best way to do it, shout at them and hang up!
                    Well I always think if they want to speak to you that badly they'll either leave a message or try again. Cold callers tend not to try again...on the same day at least. Yep, and the moral of the story....never mess with someone who's been puking their guts up the previous day!(sorry for the lovely imagery there )

I am getting quite a lot of spam still. Not as much as I used to! I get about 12-15 junkmail a day now! That is still bad actually! It is annoying 'cos most are stupid attachments that are very big! And of course they are probably viruses! I just empty out the box as soon as I click on junkmail! It is only with this hotmail account now though! I guess it is because I have had it for about 3 years now!
                    That is good you and your mum are not getting much! You are lucky!
                    OMG! That's tons, not even my mum's account used to get that much! Poor you!

I can honestly say I have no clue why they play her on Krang ! She is more pop punk than rock!
                    I'd go one step further & say she was probably more pop than anything....

It doesn't seem to be lurking around here though! That is a very good thing because our posts are indeed getting long again! We are back to being our old delphi selves !
                    No, it doesn't, does it! It's just plain stupidity that gets rid of posts now(I know, I did it the other day...curses to the back button! ). Yep well that's what we're here for after all, to ramble & scare people off by rambling .

The park is next to Sainsbury's LOL! Oh well you can't have it all! But at least you have somewhere to pop into if you want something to eat or drink! Museum cafes are so expensive!
                    Yeah it's quite nice, you can park in Sainsburys & have a wander into the park . I have no idea whether it's pricey or not, like I said, I haven't been in years!

I have and I loved it too ! I love Puss in Boots too! He is so cute when he does his little cute face ! And Jennifer Saunders as the fairy godmother was brilliant! And she sang 'holding out for a hero' too! I laughed so much; she has a good voice too! We had the dubbed voice as well! It was very annoying! Although I have heard the actual part when they showed a special thingy on Sky one! But I would have preferred it in the actual film! But anyway, it was still brilliant!
                    *giggles* Yep & then the claws come out! I liked that Jonathan Ross had a part too, even if it was tiny, as one of the voices of the ugly sister . Yeah I saw the one on MTV & they showed clips with her actual voice, so it's kind of weird they did it....it's not like we don't know who she is!

Speaking of films, I said i'd let you know if Subway came on again(so you can laugh at all the nice 80's clothes ), well it's on on the 21st at 8pm on Sky Cinema 1 as part of a Luc Besson double bill(the lovely Mr Reno's in the next film too, although he dies in that ). It's also on 3 more times in the following days if you miss it.

((((((huggles)))))))

Sis

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                      I thought the lone gunmen were really funny at the end of existence when they delivered the present to Scully for her baby boy ....Ah I miss the 3 wise men and Mulder's face when he saw them..

caty
                      .....and Frohike's endless drooling over Scully!

Speaking of TLG, there's a piccie of Tom Braidwood at the SFX Event thingy in the new SFX mag, and it's sooooo weird to see him with short hair. Very odd indeed....

Sis

Comment

Well I did wonder, but I seem to have blocked most of those eps out of my head(probably for the best I feel!) so it was just an incredible 'huh???!!!' moment. And well, we don't call you Loopy for nothing .

As for Sting, I quite like some of his stuff & not so much the rest. He's not one of those artists where you have to have their albums now! Well for me anyway, but I shall try & check those songs out . I'm all for good lyrics....

Originally posted by frootloopisi
                        Hehe, postally harming is henceforth recognized as being a phrase in this thread. So we have yet another method in the making people do what we want them to thanks to the wonder that are forums
                        And hey, we didn't actually have to resort to it either!

Sis

Comment

RE: The obvious XF reference - Loopy, it was a random season 8 or 9 reference, come on, do we know anything past season 7?!?!?!?!! That female agent is kind of annoying though, what's her name again???? ::grin:: Got my pics back from Expo, I'll TRY and scan in/e-mail the pic of Robert Patrick to you guys so you can see how different he is in rl.....

Whale sounds eh?? Don't remember that...

Haven't heard Sting yet, and can't remember what the song which reminded you of The Alchemist was..... remind me?

Gotta go....

But finally I LOOOOOOOVE FROHIKE!!!!!! I remember when we had to pick a Lone Gunman for some reason (party maybe) and he is soooo mine :-)
                          Sat

Comment

Shame on us? More like shame on you’re for being your old confusing self!
                            So you were talking about Reyes then? Well why didn't you just say!
                            Do I get a prize for getting it half right btw?

Speaking of XF, I am just watching an episode as we speak! It is S5 "Kitsunegari". I love this one with the pusher! As usual, no one believes Mulder!
                            Oh Sat if you are reading this! They should be on S6 within the end of the month so I can tape the 'The beginning' and 'Drive' if you want when it is on!

Yep I know. I am sticking with 98! I don't need a new 'puter anyway (well not yet anyway...maybe when I am in uni I might need a new one )! Btw this one is super fast now and I am very happy about it !

Oh how nice, you hate me do you! A Microsoft icon could be a good thing! Stop anyone getting confused. People might come into this thread and think we are a bunch of evil people who are mean!

Ok so I sent you one pic in the email! And as I said, I will mail you the rest when I have more time!

****edited**** to say Sat ! You are here again! I post about taping XF for you and you have already posted! Hope you are well btw!
                            Btw I would love to see the piccies of RP from the London expo thing!

Ooohh I remember the XF party very well! You started it when we started out 2nd thread back on delphi! You had Frohike, I had Byers and Sis was left with Langly! And we were dancing to 'Walking in Memphis' . Oh the good old days! . Did we actually get to swap around? I can't remember that!

~Tracey~
                            Last edited by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules); 08 July 2004, 12:33 PM.

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

! It's a shame you can't change your nick on here otherwise you could have had that for a while!
                              *Giggles* oh yeah...I would have loved that ! It is a shame about the nick changing though! I really wish we could change them! Oh and when I went onto Delphi to have a look back at our ramblings, I never realised you had changed you nick again to 'oui, c'est moi'!

:Yeah, my sis & her hubs still like them *shudders* and my best friend's boyfriend!!! What's wrong with the world?!
                              It's a good word to use...especially when you put grrr before it! Well, all we have to do is wait for new Stargate(and i'm completely ignoring the fact that America gets it tomorrow).
                              Oh gosh! So many people who like them! One of my friends likes them too! It is madness I tell you! Yes, I am thinking that too! Do you think every one is stuck in some kind of The Darkness bubble and we are the only ones who aren't, and that is why we know how crap they are? Ok so it is stupid but I thought I’d type it anyway!
                              We do. And yes, me too . I am trying to hide my jealousy! But all I keep thinking is that they get a huge gap after the first half of the season and we get it shown straight through and end up in front of them in the second half of the season ! And as I said to Caty, 'I will wait to September, I will wait till September!'

That's like my old cd player, you'd turn the sound all the way down but you could still hear it a little.
                              Oh mine too! It is very strange actually! I wonder why that is?

Well I always think if they want to speak to you that badly they'll either leave a message or try again. Cold callers tend not to try again...on the same day at least. Yep, and the moral of the story....never mess with someone who's been puking their guts up the previous day!(sorry for the lovely imagery there )
                              Yeah and I bet some do! Although you think they would get the message if you hung up, that you don't want to talk to them! So they should not phone you again!
                              LOL and a good moral it is! Yeah, it is lucky that I have already eaten otherwise I may have been puking! (only joking ).

OMG! That's tons, not even my mum's account used to get that much! Poor you!
                              I know! And I got 25 junkmail today ! But as I said before, I don't want to get rid of that account, why should I? I guess I just put up with spam!

I'd go one step further & say she was probably more pop than anything....
                              Hehe and how did I guess you would do that . But I think you are quite right actually!

No, it doesn't, does it! It's just plain stupidity that gets rid of posts now(I know, I did it the other day...curses to the back button! ). Yep well that's what we're here for after all, to ramble & scare people off by rambling
                              LOL *puts hand up*...I have done it too! Luckily I had copied the post so I was ok! But I would have lost it had I not done that!
                              *Giggles* indeed! And isn't that our motto to 'ramble and scare people!'

*giggles* Yep & then the claws come out! I liked that Jonathan Ross had a part too, even if it was tiny, as one of the voices of the ugly sister . Yeah I saw the one on MTV & they showed clips with her actual voice, so it's kind of weird they did it....it's not like we don't know who she is!.
                              Yeah and you can so tell it was Jonathan Ross...his voice is easy to spot! Oh and Julie Andrews and John Cleese were great too! I really want to see it again!
                              Although I love it, Finding Nemo is still my top animated favourite! Disney and Pixar are just too good!

Aaaaww you remembered to let me know about Subway (I would have probably forgotten, my brain is not good sometimes as you know!). Ok so the 21st is marked
                              down! I will definitely try and catch it (I will make mum watch it even if she wants something else on ). Although it is on another 3 times as you said so I am sure I can catch one of them! Oh so the Jean Reno rule of 'no dying' doesn't apply in the next movie! That is so wrong!

((((((huggles)))))))

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Oh and when I went onto Delphi to have a look back at our ramblings, I never realised you had changed you nick again to 'oui, c'est moi'!
                                Yep indeedy! That's actually the second one i've had since GW moved, the other one was 'Squirtle the laundry fairy' (don't ask!), I just thought i'd change it again, seeing as I do still play on Delphi, when I remember that is! And it's sooo not a reference to anything or anyone in particular *ahem*

Oh gosh! So many people who like them! One of my friends likes them too! It is madness I tell you! Yes, I am thinking that too! Do you think every one is stuck in some kind of The Darkness bubble and we are the only ones who aren't, and that is why we know how crap they are? Ok so it is stupid but I thought I’d type it anyway!
                                The world's gone mad! Mad, mad, mad, mad, mad!!!
                                *giggles* A Darkness bubble? *takes anything with caffeine & sugar in from you* I'm sure there are more people than us that don't like them....there has to be, they can't all have been hypnotised by the catsuit!

Originally posted by Twisted Angel(Sam_rules)
                                I am trying to hide my jealousy! But all I keep thinking is that they get a huge gap after the first half of the season and we get it shown straight through and end up in front of them in the second half of the season ! And as I said to Caty, 'I will wait to September, I will wait till September!'
                                Just keep focusing on that, & chanting & i'm sure you'll get through it! And also, now you have all those lovely boxsets to help you be distracted!

Oh mine too! It is very strange actually! I wonder why that is?
                                A question for the manufacturers methinks!

Yeah and I bet some do! Although you think they would get the message if you hung up, that you don't want to talk to them! So they should not phone you again!
                                It's weird, but no-one's phoned this week, either that tps thing kicks in fast or, or.... aliens have beamed all call centre people up & whisked them away to another galaxy(another tv show, Loopy? )

I know! And I got 25 junkmail today ! But as I said before, I don't want to get rid of that account, why should I? I guess I just put up with spam!
                                25? I don't know how you put up with it, doesn't the junk mail filter or whatever it is we have on hotmail do anything?

LOL *puts hand up*...I have done it too! Luckily I had copied the post so I was ok! But I would have lost it had I not done that!
                                *Giggles* indeed! And isn't that our motto to 'ramble and scare people!'
                                Glad it's not just me then, accidental clicking of er, mice(?!) can be dangerous to long posts! I was stupid & clicked on paste instead of copy *mental head smack*, so everything went apart from the thing that had pasted. And then for some reason I clicked the back button which just made matters worse, arg!
                                Not by choice...well the scaring people bit anyway!

Yeah and you can so tell it was Jonathan Ross...his voice is easy to spot! Oh and Julie Andrews and John Cleese were great too! I really want to see it again!
                                Although I love it, Finding Nemo is still my top animated favourite! Disney and Pixar are just too good!
                                Isn't it just!
                                A lot of people thought it had ended when the first bit of the credits started to roll, and left, so they missed the bit about dragon & donkey...did that happen when you went to see it?
                                Oh Finding Nemo is so cute, I have to say that's probably my favourite too.

Aaaaww you remembered to let me know about Subway (I would have probably forgotten, my brain is not good sometimes as you know!). Ok so the 21st is marked
                                down! I will definitely try and catch it (I will make mum watch it even if she wants something else on ). Although it is on another 3 times as you said so I am sure I can catch one of them! Oh so the Jean Reno rule of 'no dying' doesn't apply in the next movie! That is so wrong!
                                I did, strangely enough! Yep it's on again - the next day at 9pm on Sky Cinema 2 & then those times & channels are repeated for the sunday & monday night respectively.
                                Yes *sniffle* they didn't follow the rule! Maybe I should send that letter after all....

Just picking out a couple of points from other posts....

People might come into this thread and think we are a bunch of evil people who are mean!
                                I don't think there's any chance of that ever happening in here, not after they've read all these rambles!

And yes, the Lone Gunmen thing was the new thread party, I came late so I got stuck with Langley(and his deadly hair flicking) when I really wanted to dance with Frohike. Hehe!

((((((huggles)))))))

Sis

Comment

Working...
                                X