X-Files Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
    I said that if this is rubbish it won't change my opinion about this show. The X-Files was, is, and will be one of the milestones in the cinema industry. Nobody can take it away from them.
    Oh I completely agree. I finally finished watching the series beginning-to-end just before seeing IWTB and adored it--even the last two years. I'll always remember The X-Files as one of the monumental series of television while I was growing up; in many ways it was simply one of the most iconic and seminal TV series of the 90s.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Will we have another film?

Comment

Will we have another film?
        The film has made about $25,850,074 in pure PROFIT, with a total international and domestic gross of $60,850,074. Whilst not a spectacular runaway seuccess, the film has MORE than broken even and the DVD sales (which these days is what matters) is still left to come. Basically, despite nay sayers in magazines and newspapers, XF2 WAS a success and NOT a flop. When we consider that much of this was due to the WORST opening date EVER (Batman), then I think it's safe to say we will get a third film.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
          The film has made about $25,850,074 in pure PROFIT, with a total international and domestic gross of $60,850,074. Whilst not a spectacular runaway seuccess, the film has MORE than broken even and the DVD sales (which these days is what matters) is still left to come. Basically, despite nay sayers in magazines and newspapers, XF2 WAS a success and NOT a flop. When we consider that much of this was due to the WORST opening date EVER (Batman), then I think it's safe to say we will get a third film.
          Great, another X-Files marathon soon .

Comment

I just finished Memento Mori. Simply stunning. The way it is filmed, acting and approach leaves me speechless everytime. I compared it to IWTB and as previously mentioned, CC can still use a camera .

I took screenshots from the pilot with Dana, from S5 and from S9. I compared them to IWTB and she looks better now than before. Thank god for make up, innit?

Comment

Some women age like a fine wine
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I hope we get a third film.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Some women age like a fine wine
                  Universal truth

Comment

Universal truth
                    Very true.

Scully rules.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                      Very true.

Scully rules.
                      The way she talked to Father Joe the first time . I was like, whoa...hell hath no fury like Dana scorned .

Comment

I saw this movie fist showing, first day it came out. I was that excited. I knew ahead of time I shouldnt have been because I just felt it wasnt ever going to be what I wanted it to be but just having it was good enough. I have watched the show since the beginning and loved it and watched the first movie and thought it was ok.

So yeah, this movie wasnt that great. It could have had two different lead roles and been the same movie. I like the Scully/Mulder interaction but thats because im biased, I like ANY Scully and Mulder they will give me.

Best part of the movie for me was Skinner. I gasped and shrieked like a little girl when he appeared. Others clapped. It was freaking great. Love Skinner.

I dont think there will be a third movie. As much as I want them to try again, I just dont think it will happen.

Comment

Totally forgot to ask before but was wondering if I could get some help with the title of an XFiles episode Im looking for. Someone that just pulled through a marathon might still be fresh

I dont have much information on it other than it opens with Scully (with child I believe) in a diner at a booth with her laptop open reading an email to Mulder or from him. Either way its a very moving email and Im guessing from later in the seasons. The music plays in the background as she reads it outloud (but to us, not the diner) and then when she is finished it goes to the opening credits.

Sorry its not much but it makes my heart hurt everytime I watch it and Im needing a fix! Love that episode .. now only if I can figure out which it is and catch it.

Comment

Originally posted by she_says View Post
                            Totally forgot to ask before but was wondering if I could get some help with the title of an XFiles episode Im looking for. Someone that just pulled through a marathon might still be fresh

I dont have much information on it other than it opens with Scully (with child I believe) in a diner at a booth with her laptop open reading an email to Mulder or from him. Either way its a very moving email and Im guessing from later in the seasons. The music plays in the background as she reads it outloud (but to us, not the diner) and then when she is finished it goes to the opening credits.

Sorry its not much but it makes my heart hurt everytime I watch it and Im needing a fix! Love that episode .. now only if I can figure out which it is and catch it.

Is it Trust No One? When Doggett sees him running in the field and they are waiting for him at the train station to kill him?

[Scully and William enter an Internet café]
                            Waitress: "Hey. Tall coffee with milk?"
                            Scully: "Yes, thanks. And can I get a warm-up, please?" [She hands the waitress a bottle, before sitting at one of the computers and logging onto her email account. The program informs her; 'You have five new messages' the messages are;
                            Subject: Lose 25 lbs in TWO WEEKS — Guaranteed! From: tracy1893@dieters
                            Subject: Travel Bargains-Airfare Discounts! From: HotTravelBargains
                            Subject: Tired Of Your Old Job??? From: Sue185@RRS
                            Subject: Requested Research Link From: [email protected]
                            Subject: Dearest Dana From: [email protected]
                            She opens the email and reads the message;
                            To: [email protected]
                            Date: 07 Jan 2002]
                            Scully: [voiceover] "I've resisted contacting you for reasons I know you continue to appreciate. But, to be honest, some unexpected dimensions of my new life are eating away at any resolve I have left. I'm lonely, Dana, uncertain of my ability to live like this. I want to come home. To you, and to William."
                            [Another woman with a child has entered the café. Scully replies to the message]
                            Scully: [voiceover] "I am physically shaking right now, seeing your words. Wishing it were you speaking them to me. I want so badly to see you too, but you are still not safe here."
                            [Scully looks up, the baby's mother is nowhere to be seen]
                            Scully: "The child's mother, she was just here. Where did she go?"
                            Waitress: "I think that's her out there." [Patti is outside in a heated exchange with a Man On The Street, She comes back inside to her child]
                            Patti: "I'm sorry." [to baby] "I'm sorry."

It must be this one . I just finished my marathon .

Comment

Originally posted by she_says View Post
                              I saw this movie fist showing, first day it came out. I was that excited. I knew ahead of time I shouldnt have been because I just felt it wasnt ever going to be what I wanted it to be but just having it was good enough. I have watched the show since the beginning and loved it and watched the first movie and thought it was ok.

So yeah, this movie wasnt that great. It could have had two different lead roles and been the same movie. I like the Scully/Mulder interaction but thats because im biased, I like ANY Scully and Mulder they will give me.

Best part of the movie for me was Skinner. I gasped and shrieked like a little girl when he appeared. Others clapped. It was freaking great. Love Skinner.

I dont think there will be a third movie. As much as I want them to try again, I just dont think it will happen.

With or without the third movie they gave us something to remember. After 16 years you hear Dana say why she fell in love with Mulder . They gave me this, they lived, slept, and argued like a normal couple, I am happy .

16 years !!!!! It was about time !!!!!

Comment

However, if we don't get a third installment, I may resent IWTB a little bit. I loved it as a film and as an installment in the XF saga, but without a third film, I may have to JUST love IWTB as a movie, and that's it. The reason is regretfully, that at the end of The Truth, with the revelation of the final date of colonisation (I say revelation, we've known since S2 for christs sake), Mulder saying "Maybe there's hope" and the two of them on the run, felt TO ME that they'd spend every waking hour fighting to prevent the invasion, side by side.

IWTB says they haven't. They've lived their lives and that's it. Which if there's no third installment dealing with 2012, and the last we see of them is them sunning themselves on holiday, I'm going to be sorely dissapointed that I no longer believe that they're fighting for humanity, that they've resigned themselves to the invasion and that's that...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X