X-Files Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
    Now that there's so much buzz and talk about the X-Files, I've been in a real X-Files episode watching mood. I had left off partway through Season 7 on my rewatch. Now, I'm halfway through Season 8. I know it's not the X-Files at its peak, but I still love it (and I'm a John Doggett fan..not that I don't love Mulder).

Anyone else watching any episodes?
    The other day I watched the Season 4 episode Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man. Probably the best episode that came out of what I think to be a mediocre season.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      OMG!!! Take a look at the poster!!!

Spoiler:

And the movie website is up and running!!!

http://www.xfiles.com/

Awesome!!! The truth is getting closer...
      Amazing poster...love the X -emphasis

Comment

The other day I watched the Season 4 episode Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man. Probably the best episode that came out of what I think to be a mediocre season.

That's a good episode. Seaon 4 has a few gems. I love Paper Hearts, for instance.

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
          That's a good episode. Seaon 4 has a few gems. I love Paper Hearts, for instance.
          There are some good episodes in Season 4 like Small Potatoes...but then there are episodes like Never Again. I hate that episode with every fibre of my being. I haven't watched it since it first broadcast. I thought it was a total waste of 45-minutes of my time. Awful storyline. Awful guest star in Rodney Rowland. Awful waste of Jodie Foster's talents as an actress (voicing a tattoo?! C'mon!). Awful score music (what was Mark Snow thinking?! But then look at the sorry excuse of an episode he had to work with). Gillian Anderson has a good amount of screen time in this episode but even she isn't enough to save this episode and she isn't enough to make me want to go back and watch it again.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

...but then there are episodes like Never Again. I hate that episode with every fibre of my being.
            The scary part is that was originally supposed to be the post-Superbowl episode until they swapped it with Leonard Betts.

Comment

I love all the episodes up to season 8 the first half in season 4 i love the episodes Unruhe, Memento Mori and i do love paper Hearts as well
              Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

i have high hopes for this movie the first was great can't wait for july
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

July seems so far . I want ma Sculllaaaay now

Comment

Nice little Q&A vid with The X-Files creator and the director and writer of the second movie - Chris Carter plus a bit from Frank Spotnitz and two members of The X-Files cast. Check it out at the link below:

http://reporter.blogs.com/paley/2008...e-x-files.html

Last edited by Alan; 29 March 2008, 03:33 PM.

Comment

OMG!!! Take a look at the poster!!!

Spoiler:

DO WANT

Comment

Just found this article regarding Chris Carter and FOX's disagreement over the next The X-Files movies subtitle.

Follow the link:http://www.syfyportal.com/news424878.html

I think that whole situation is ridiculous. It's Chris Carter's baby so he should be able to call it whatever he wants. All FOX do is market and distribute the thing. Why can't they leave CC alone to do his thing?! If FOX hadn't messed him around previously we'd probably would have had this second movie 2 or 3 years ago.

Comment

Just found this article regarding Chris Carter and FOX's disagreement over the next The X-Files movies subtitle.

I think that whole situation is ridiculous. It's Chris Carter's baby so he should be able to call it whatever he wants. All FOX do is market and distribute the thing. Why can't they leave CC alone to do his thing?! If FOX hadn't messed him around previously we'd probably would have had this second movie 2 or 3 years ago.
                          XF has been plagued by lawsuits for years. Let's hope they resolve it. It really should be CC who gets to name it. But FOX is putting up the money. The battle continues.
                          sig made by me

Comment

Geeze,seems like everytime we turn around there is word of another lawsuit! Let's just hope that this lawsuit gets resolved and doesn't set back the release date of the movie, we've waited to long for it to begin with.
                            Thanks to Spacemonkey Jackson for the signature!

Comment

Originally posted by Short Angel View Post
                              Geeze,seems like everytime we turn around there is word of another lawsuit! Let's just hope that this lawsuit gets resolved and doesn't set back the release date of the movie, we've waited to long for it to begin with.
                              I don't think this is a "lawsuit situation". I just think its a disagreement that can be settled outside of a courtroom a lot easier and quicker than whatever the lawsuit was about in the first place between 2002 and 2005. This disagreement will need to be settled quickly though if this movie needs to make its July (August in UK) release date.

Comment

Well this is unusual, I was checking the international release dates and found that Australia and a few other countries are getting the movie a day or two earlier than the US.

Is it wrong for me to be happy that I get to see it sooner rather than later?????

Roll on July!!!!!!
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X