X-Files Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    My two favourite shows ever are Doctor Who and X-Files. I could not possibly choose between the two. Stargate lost position of being tied with them when series 7 of SG1 started.
    For me Stargate wasn't snooping around the X-Files. The only show that came close was Farscape

Comment

Stargate never had/has a chance for coming close to XF. The show caliber is not the same. It would be unfair comparison.
      sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
        Stargate never had/has a chance for coming close to XF. The show caliber is not the same. It would be unfair comparison.
        You speaka my language

Comment

Well I loved Sg1 because it was real world military. It was our planet, our soldiers. Out there in the amazing universe. Where as X-Files brought the amazing down to earth and set it here, Sg1 took HERE out THERE. I loved it. Then with S7 it all changed.

But I don't think I'd seen ALL of X-Files at that point anyway.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I like how you put it, "Sg1 took HERE out THERE". SG overall is sci-fi. XF on the other hand has a lot of ties to real issues & some real explanations.
            sig made by me

Comment

In my opinion the X-Files script was more delicate than the Stargate one. As you can see 9/11 had a huge impact on the X-Files affecting its continuity. Stargate resumed because it did not offend anyone. You must admit, there were moments in SG1 when they jumped the shark . Another aspect about the X-Files was the cast. They performed flawlessly and managed to give us 7-8 episodes /season where you would have your pants on fire

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                In my opinion the X-Files script was more delicate than the Stargate one. As you can see 9/11 had a huge impact on the X-Files affecting its continuity. Stargate resumed because it did not offend anyone. You must admit, there were moments in SG1 when they jumped the shark . Another aspect about the X-Files was the cast. They performed flawlessly and managed to give us 7-8 episodes /season where you would have your pants on fire
                This is why XF was and is great. No matter how many years passes. They chemistry that just was there from the writers/producers/actors/directors down to the music. No one was downsizing writing anyone out as an easy way out - they actually cared. For the characters.
                sig made by me

Comment

This is why XF was and is great. No matter how many years passes. They chemistry that just was there from the writers/producers/actors/directors down to the music. No one was downsizing writing anyone out as an easy way out - they actually cared. For the characters.
                  Every century a guy like CC is born and astonishes the world. How did the picture CSM I have no idea. How did he manage to make the viewer shiver only seeing the smoke, I have no idea. Every character was written to the last detail. One of the reasons the show was so good. I remember when Scullay said she was forced to go to this con in Australia and almost fainted when more than 15.000 people turned up . That was the moment when she realised, hang on...I am cool

Comment

im a True Xfiles and always will be
                    Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                      I agree.

With you all actually. X-Files is by far the superior show. Much more thought provoking. But during SG1s early days it was one of my top three shows. Now it most certainly it not. I personally feel S7 was SG1s shark jumping season.

X-Files however imo remained amazing till S9. I loved S8 so I'm not annoyed about Doggett's character, but I felt that the mythology of S9 became ridiculous.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

My fellow philes. I bring you goodies. Please don't click unless you want to be majorly spoiled.

As always click to super size.

Spoiler:

Awwww! Squeeeee!

But why does she have the half-long hair and no bob? I think I might need a haircut or a dye before I go to that movie... otherwise I'll look like the über-fan.

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                          Awwww! Squeeeee!

But why does she have the half-long hair and no bob? I think I might need a haircut or a dye before I go to that movie... otherwise I'll look like the über-fan.

Honey, plenty of time for that . End of July beginning of August . You can let it grow all the way down if you want too

Comment

I thought you might all want to see these http://www.flynetonline.com/2008/03/mulder-scully-kiss/
                            Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

sorry to burst your bubble but someone already beat you to posting those pics

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...91#post7847891
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                              Quotes!
                              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                                sorry to burst your bubble but someone already beat you to posting those pics

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...91#post7847891
                                You know what they say, everything in excess in harmful, except the X-Files

Comment

Working...
                                X