No announcement yet.

Jericho Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope to see this program make a good go. So far, so good. I plan on keeping my DVR set to record it. I still want to know what happen

Comment

They might have picked San Diego because there is a naval base there.
      "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
      'Eleanor Roosevelt'
      Individuality is freedom lived.
      'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Ep 2 was pretty good. Look forward to next weeks ep
        Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by BackStageJim
          Entertainment Weekly already has it on the death watch list.
          So far it looks as if the ratings are still good. Fallout scored CBS's highest 18-49 ratings in that slot since 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            Folks on TWOP think that someone has finally had it with the NFL and is targeting all the major team cities.
            lol. Damn it! We just spent $185 million dollars ($115 million of that in FEMA dollars) to renovate the Superdome in New Orleans, drafted Reggie Bush, and the Saints are 3 and 0.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Still liking Jericho

Spoiler for the 3rd episode (better safe than sorry)

Spoiler:
              Overall, I enjoyed the episode. Thought it was a little convenient that the black box Jake found let his ex-girlfirend know that her Fiancé was more than likely still alive. I can safely say that I really don't like the other guy who I guess was running for mayor. Hope something bad happens to him. Clever on the part of the boy that he was the only one smart enough to follow the train tracks to see if he could find the train and the shipment of food. Even if the others were unaware of the shipment of food, it probably wouldn't have been a bad idea to follow the tracks to see what they could find. I would think the chances of coming across a train that had supplies of many sorts would be worth the effort to see.

However, at least the story is progressing enough to keep me interested. I just hope it doesn't become a soap opera of sorts where you can miss several episodes and still find them in the same situation of cluelessness. I had to laugh a bit at the beginning when they were doing the previously on Jericho bit again. At this rate, the next episode will consist of a 15 minute intro on what happen previously. I think viewers have the idea by now, and for those just tuning in, they can probably figure it out.

Comment

On the preview of the next episode, the guy said that they are coming. Who is coming? Aliens or North Korean soldiers.
                sigpic
                The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

The show is starting to annoy me with its superheroism and misinformation.

I'm really beginning to hate SuperSkeet and his ability to do EVERYTHING. Thank god there aren't any oceans nearby or he'd part the waters. Or walk over them.

Spoiler:
                  Drinking iodine is a dangerous thing to do. It'd probably kill you faster than radiation poisoning.

The reel-to-reel thing? awfully convenient. And unlikely, IMO.

I still wanna know WTF Dale was planning to do with the train. Drive it into town? Puh-lease!

I'm watching for Hawkins right now, but my BS tolerance levels are maxing out...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    The show is starting to annoy me with its superheroism and misinformation.

I'm really beginning to hate SuperSkeet and his ability to do EVERYTHING. Thank god there aren't any oceans nearby or he'd part the waters. Or walk over them.

Spoiler:
                    Drinking iodine is a dangerous thing to do. It'd probably kill you faster than radiation poisoning.

The reel-to-reel thing? awfully convenient. And unlikely, IMO.

I still wanna know WTF Dale was planning to do with the train. Drive it into town? Puh-lease!

I'm watching for Hawkins right now, but my BS tolerance levels are maxing out...
                    So far I'm not too irritated with super Skeet. He's done a lot but the writers have also had him use a lot of the resources around him to get things done. Of course I'd love to see the resume that leads from doing a trachiotomy to knowing how to bundle and set explosives.

As for the reel to reel thing, i didn't think it was particularily far fatched...i had one myself up until 10 years ago, or so.

I'm really looking forward to next week though. Don't know if we'll find out who 'they' are, but I think the 'cop from st. louis' guy is one of them.

Ah well, as long as it doesn't go completely Lost and never reveal anything, I'll be happy. Gonna stick with it a while longer.
                    Thanks!
                    Jordan

my page
                    My LJ
                    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I've given this show three episodes now and I find it rather. . .meh. I still don't know all the character names (maybe because some of those young, pretty things all look alike), and somehow in the midst of a possible nuclear war, the girls all manage to have their lip gloss on hand.

I love the idea of end-of-the-world thrillers (the books The Stand and Swan's Song come to mind at the moment), but this is too cliche-ridden and downright boring at times. I'll give it one more episode, just because I'm curious about "who" is coming.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                        I still don't know all the character names (maybe because some of those young, pretty things all look alike), and somehow in the midst of a possible nuclear war, the girls all manage to have their lip gloss on hand.
                        Ya know, I really don't know any of their names either. I think it is partly because I am not paying attention when they say them, and partly becuase there are so many of them.

Comment

I doubt Dale plans on telling anyone about the food, other than maybe the woman who owns the grocery store. After the people came in and stripped the store, I’m not so sure he’s worried about letting the town know where there is more food.

From day one I didn’t find the writing all that great. And now the editing is starting to grate on me, but I’m sticking around cause I want to know what is up with Hawkins. I’m not exactly sure that he is involved but I think he knew this was going to happen.
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

Quiet an eventful and entertaining episode this week. Looks to be a decent show so far :thumbsu:
                            Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Watching this show brings to mind another show that really annoyed me, but the viewing public seemed to love...Twin Peaks. My opinion finally won out as it had no follow on after the first season died. I'm thinking that may ultimately be what happens here.
                              "The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners."
                              - Ernst Jan Plugge

Comment

I was actually thinking about that earlier today and I can see this as almost a new format of programming. A series that is intened to tell a story over the course of one or two seasons and then end, not by cancellation, but because that was the design.

With Jericho, I see it as:

Season 1
                                What, who, why and how

Season 2
                                Living in the new world and circumstances that surround them and ending with the people who will survive and continue living a new life. The end.

Who knows though, there may actually be a design and plan behind it to keep it going. Right now I will continue to tune in cause I want to see the 'what, who why and how'.

Comment

Working...
                                X