Jericho Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
    it's not the same as watching the actors with that crazy tension background music.
    GRAH! That music has been stuck in my head for the past couple days. I keep noticing I'm tapping my desk or whatever to the beat of it.
    sigpic

Comment

And if you watch the DVD collection the ending ep has an alternate ending...
      one in which
      Spoiler:
      hawkins gives himself up to allow Skeet's character to fly the bomb out, but is captured. Right after handing it over to the texans, he gets the ok to fly back to try and free him from Mr bald cane guy...

Comment

Well I finally finished the show.

Can't say I'm not disappointed by how the show ended. Kind of a depressing ending, though I suppose it offers some sort of hope (though, again, still depressing).

Anyway, anyone here recommend I get the graphic novels and continue the adventure?
        sigpic

Comment

Why is it depressing? The USA has a fighting chance against the ASA with Texas on their side. Hawkins and Jake have played their part, they can presumably go home now. The town of Jericho and the residing soldiers are going to rebel against the ASA. Depressing? People are willing to fight back. That's a very possitive ending.

Comment

No, what I mean is, millions have already died in the attacks with probably many thousands more dying in the chaotic aftermath, and now the country is on the verge of war with itself. How many more people will die in the war, most of them dying needlessly.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
              Anyway, anyone here recommend I get the graphic novels and continue the adventure?
              Chris, please share your assessment if you do read the comics. I might give them a try if they satisfy you.

Comment

Will do. Probably won't be for a while, though.
                sigpic

Comment

No, what I mean is, millions have already died in the attacks with probably many thousands more dying in the chaotic aftermath, and now the country is on the verge of war with itself. How many more people will die in the war, most of them dying needlessly.
                  Fighting and possibly dieing for one's freedom isn't depressing, it's corageous.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                    Fighting and possibly dieing for one's freedom isn't depressing, it's corageous.
                    I agree, but in this war you'd have Americans fighting Americans over which government is the more legitimate government. Both sides believe their own to be the more legitimate, so they will fight for it. In this case the people of the ASA (a name I hate) are either completely unaware or unwilling to see that their government is corrupt. They'll only see the people of the weakened USA as insurgents or rebels. The people fighting for the Allied States would definitely die not knowing that they are fighting for the wrong side.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, also I think the people of the ASA are fighting for the men and women that helped them when everything was gone. They were provided protection and jobs. It's the propaganda from the ASA that makes the other side look like villians.

Of course, if you read the season 3 comics (and season 4 started coming out in August I believe), you'll see more about that.

I've been taking my time as there are only 6 issues. I think I'm at issue 4. It's pretty good. It just makes me miss the tv show. But I'm glad the story continues.

Comment

I agree, but in this war you'd have Americans fighting Americans over which government is the more legitimate government. Both sides believe their own to be the more legitimate, so they will fight for it. In this case the people of the ASA (a name I hate) are either completely unaware or unwilling to see that their government is corrupt. They'll only see the people of the weakened USA as insurgents or rebels. The people fighting for the Allied States would definitely die not knowing that they are fighting for the wrong side.
                        Unfortunately, this is usually what goes down in war.

Today, I was watching some special features on my Star Trek: Voyager Season 1 DVD set. Specifically, a feature about the original Janeway actress who bailed after two days of filming. I noticed the original helmsman, killed off when Voyager was flung to the Delta Quadrant. Guess who it was? Mimi Clark!!!

Mimi Clark flying Voyager

Comment

That link doesn't work.
                          sigpic

Comment

It works when I click on it. Strange. Alright, try this...

TrekCore.com: At the top, see VOY? Point at that. In the drop down menu, look for "Screencaps" and click on that. Select Season 1, then "Caretaker." Go to Page 10, and you'll see her in the screen captures at the top of the page in the thumbnail menu.

Comment

Interesting.. Never saw that.. But it has been SOOO long since i saw voyager..

Comment

Well thats its settled then! Iv been toying with the idea of getting into a series on netflix seeing i hardly use the damn thing and Jericho jumped out at me,seems my kind of premise for a show and from what you guys are saying it dont sound too bad,cheers and think i will check it out over next few weeks and i'll be sure to post my opinion of it.Cheers
                                O'Neill: So, what's your impression of Alar?
                                Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                                O'Neill: Like what?
                                Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X