No announcement yet.

Jericho Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't watch Season 2, Disc 1!!!! It'll spoil all of the major events for the rest of the first season!

Comment

Already re-added it to the list, and will send back S2d1 as soon as it shows up.

Comment

So would this show be worth getting into?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
          I'd say so. It was cancelled but then due to popular demand it was brought back for a 2nd season with about six episodes to close out the show. You won't be left with a cliffhanger ending.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
            I'd say so. It was cancelled but then due to popular demand it was brought back for a 2nd season with about six episodes to close out the show. You won't be left with a cliffhanger ending.
            Agreed, plus the aforementioned comic book series that continues the event after the 2nd season. It's an experience unlike any other tv show. It's a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
              Jericho's the best post-apocalyptic TV series I've seen. Definitely watch it unless you already know this genre isn't your cup of tea.

If you do watch Jericho and enjoy it, then you might also like BBC's recent series, Survivors (a re-make of a series from the, eh, 1970's IIRC).

Comment

The show has been gone for four years, four months. I don't see the show coming back for a third season, too much time has passed, and probably too many people will be unavailable to return to the TV series. However, I think a movie would be a more realistic revival. Don't even bother calling it Jericho: (insert subtitle), base it off the series, but make it feel original at the same time. The series ends with a brilliant setup for a movie.

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                Jericho's the best post-apocalyptic TV series I've seen. Definitely watch it unless you already know this genre isn't your cup of tea.
                Why does the genre have to be someone's cup of tea? I don't like post-apocalyptic TV shows, and Jericho is certainly not such a show. Regardless, the appeal of the show is the characters, their struggles, the hardship of life without comforts, and much more. It felt real. I really can't imagine any TV show capturing that sense of danger that Jericho did. Really, I think the only show that compares (for me, at least) is Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. The show has an entirely different premise, but it carries that same sense of danger.

If you do watch Jericho and enjoy it, then you might also like BBC's recent series, Survivors (a re-make of a series from the, eh, 1970's IIRC).
                I looked it up. Yet another outbreak story? Blah...
                Last edited by Snowman37; 26 August 2012, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Sorry Snowman37, they already created a Jericho Season 3 and Jericho Season Four just started on August 15th.

If you want to keep the show going and show how much people want shows like that, then buy them and support them.

Nuts....I bought them.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                    Why does the genre have to be someone's cup of tea? [...]

I looked [Survivors] up. Yet another outbreak story? Blah...
                    So an outbreak story isn't your "cup of tea." See? It's a useful thing to know. You won't waste your time on a series you'll almost certainly dislike. Some people dislike the entire sub-genre of post-disaster survival stories. I recommend Gen. Chris try Jericho unless he's one of those people.

Cheers

Comment

I've been following the comics :-) too many decent shows only seem to last 1-2 seasons now >.<
                      sigpic

Comment

Back in the day when Jericho first aired i loved watching it, but unfortunately i transfered out (no longer had AFN) before their aired S2. Now am rewatching it all and just started season 2.. Man this is turning out to be full of twists and schenanigans!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                          Sorry Snowman37, they already created a Jericho Season 3 and Jericho Season Four just started on August 15th.
                          I don't read comic books.

So an outbreak story isn't your "cup of tea." See? It's a useful thing to know. You won't waste your time on a series you'll almost certainly dislike. Some people dislike the entire sub-genre of post-disaster survival stories. I recommend Gen. Chris try Jericho unless he's one of those people.
                          It's not that I dislike outbreak stories, I didn't say that at all. While outbreak stories make for great movies, I just don't think the story would have enough gas for an ongoing TV series. Besides, it's just been done to death.

Comment

So...An update on my watch of this show. I finished the first season today...

Spoiler:
                            Grumble grumble grumble...cliffhanger...grumble grumble grumble
                            Spoiler:
                            Seriously though, I'm glad the show didn't permanently end on that note. That was one of the worst season endings that I have ever seen. Not bad as in bad quality, but bad as in "how dare you end that way!"

Anyway, I plan on getting the second season very, very soon. As in, I'm ordering it now.
                            sigpic

Comment

The second season is only seven episodes. Once you get the DVD's, take your time watching, because once it's over... it's over. There's talk of comic books out there, but eh... it's not the same as watching the actors with that crazy tension background music.

Comment

Reading Season 3 now and Season 4 just started coming out. So far I'm enjoying it, but season 3 is only 6 issues. I read half of it and waiting to read the other half this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X