Jericho Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
    Or perhaps they stop the immeadiate threat but war is coming.
    What you just said is a cliffhanger & not closure

Comment

No not it is not if done in the right way. While it might be considered a "cliff hangar" by some, it is merely leaving room for the future. In any movie/ show full closure is a cliche and ruins the ending. It leaves a distaste in the viewers mouth so to speak.

it is idiotic to think that they will steal a nuke, and stop a war in just 5 minutes. Keep in mind this episode was primarily made to continue the show. and only the ending was changed.

Comment

Lucky me. A-Channel in Canada aired the Series Finale a day early.

I don't want to say much until it's aired on CBS on Tuesday in case others come here tomorrow.

I followed the link posted about Carol's interview. I do hope the cliffhanger ending is put on the DVD set because it would be interesting to see what they were going to leave us hanging with. As a fan, I found the ending satisfying. I can leave the show where it ended though I won't protest if another studio picks it up and continues the show!

And will someone PLEASE give Lennie James a new role on a new show or something! He was amazing throughout the whole show.
        Last edited by Angela V; 24 March 2008, 08:46 PM. Reason: corrected a mistake
        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Scifi.com had a story today
          http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=1&id=50950

Looks like Jericho is searching for a new home, may be a small hope. Given the cost of the episodes though, it seems unlikely a cable network would pick it up but with a rabid fan base that got the show 7 more episodes, anything is possible.

Comment

ABC should pick this show up. This would be the perfect lead in to Lost & wow that was an awesome ending & as a fan obviously I hope this gets picked up somewhere else but do we really want to see Jericho turned into some kind of action western with all of the characters magically starting to out of no where fire guns Matrix style defending Jericho ? It ended on a perfect note. However there should be a spin off where Jake becomes a CIA Agent & becomes Roberts new partner
            Last edited by JakeGreen; 25 March 2008, 07:22 PM.

Comment

they did leave it in such a way that it can be 'reimagined' adn remade quite easily.

make a show that tells the battle, but it's beyond just jerico, it deals with texas and the east vs west struggle that will be the revolution

they actually did a very good job making Jerico a prequel to a different show
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                Which show

Comment

Well what a ending, personally if that what they called wrapping up a series, then they should really go back and look up the definition.

And look like war is coming through, Jericho gonna be right in the middle of it.

Through I think if the producers were given a other 7 episodes, they really could wrapped up the show and give the fans ending to the story.

But I think they could easily ended it in that episode, simple by destroying Jake plane, and the local military and rangers all being gun down in a fire fight. At this would then guaranteed the ending and give us a finished story, democracy and good guys do not always win. With a nice flash forward to the future where the united states lives under a dictatorship. But hang on you cannot let the bad guys win now can you

If it was not for the fact that this was suppose to be the end of the series, which it fails miserably at I would of said this was a brilliant episode. Especially like the way the Texas planes flew over blew the hell out of the Cheyenne jets, ultra cool. I was on the edge of my seat then, saying come on where are those Texas Jets, better late than never I guest through.

Then I like the end where the commander share the evidence with his troops, it was nice seeing them take of their badges., nice touch. Through I think we should of seen him give speech about how they are going to fight a corrupt government.

Comment

I think they did a pretty good job of ending Jericho.

There's hope for the good guys now, and surely a good possibility that more people can be made of J & R's corruption.

We got Mimi's and Stanley's "wedding".

But there's also enough questions left unanswered that we could talk about the possibilities for a long time.

Comment

I was satisfied with the ending. It did serve to wrap up the main storyline. There were some threads left hanging, but nothing's perfect. I did wonder if one of the lines at the end wasn't also directed at us rabid fans. Hawkins asked Jake how it felt making history. The fans did that in a way. We brought the show back after it had been nuked. First time that happened.

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                        Scifi.com had a story today
                        http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=1&id=50950

Looks like Jericho is searching for a new home, may be a small hope. Given the cost of the episodes though, it seems unlikely a cable network would pick it up but with a rabid fan base that got the show 7 more episodes, anything is possible.
                        Thanks for sharing this link! I always thought something like that was the best way for Jericho to go. I thought it might be able to thrive on The CW.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        they did leave it in such a way that it can be 'reimagined' adn remade quite easily.

make a show that tells the battle, but it's beyond just jerico, it deals with texas and the east vs west struggle that will be the revolution

ITA. I had the same thought while watching last night. It's quite a concept for a new expanded show ... the only thing I was thinking is that it might have the potential to just get too grand with too much going on. It'd be interesting to take one character, say the pilot of the fighter that helped Jake and Hawkins out in the series finale, and follow his connections and experience of the war. Something like that might even leave some room open for guest appearances from Jericho cast members.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                        "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
                          Thanks for sharing this link! I always thought something like that was the best way for Jericho to go. I thought it might be able to thrive on The CW.

ITA. I had the same thought while watching last night. It's quite a concept for a new expanded show ... the only thing I was thinking is that it might have the potential to just get too grand with too much going on. It'd be interesting to take one character, say the pilot of the fighter that helped Jake and Hawkins out in the series finale, and follow his connections and experience of the war. Something like that might even leave some room open for guest appearances from Jericho cast members.
                          I would be extremely satisfied with that. Or a other way would be anthology type series set in the Jericho universe.

One where we see the Jericho folks hold out against over whelming odds, and then have Texas troops parachuting in saving their butts at the last minute. be a awesome scene.

May be a other set new haven, the ones who were attacking Jericho last season.

What are the Chinese planning for instant, they sure not sending that food out their kindness of their hearts. Potential for expansion is endless.

The thing with the above idea is that is would be possible to cut down the costs of the episodes even more, which would be a plus for a cable network.

But to be truthful I be happy with a couple of direct to dvds movies, just to wrap up the plot lines.
                          With the last scene being the Mimi's and Stanley's wedding.
                          I will stay Jericho universe with America being knock down peg or two leaves open a lot of interesting and may be even controversial avenues to explore.

Comment

I think they did a good job with the ending. They would start a whole another series on a civil war concept. That would be great I think!

Comment

with where jerico is, theoreticly in south west kansas, it's at most a hundred - two hundred miles from texas...basically 'easy' to be absorbed by the 'good' guys

I thik the show could go on, but it's not just jerico anymore. It's the civil war. It's texas and the east vs the evil of Jennings & Rall. and it'll be a civil war fought - in large parts - from town to town.

It could be quite easily told from the POV of an officer like Beck. Leading his/her men to retake bits and pieces on the 'march' to Cheyenne. And along the way, we fill in the blanks about what else happened. What's going on in the dead zone of denver? how did Colorado Springs fare, how did las vegas handle it, etc.

it woud almost need to be an anthology in a way, just because there are hundreds of thousands of square miles to cover, but there's also limitless potential to fill in the gaps about what happened elsewhere

the show that could be reimagined would be very much bigger than a little town in kansas
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I thought that a very well done series finale. With only about 42 minutes they managed to make it look really good. It was also left so if another network wants pick it up to continue the story. If it is not continued then we can do a pretty good job of guessing what happens.

When I look back at how Fox ended S:AAB, I find this finale much more satisfying. There was better closure to the show.
                                "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                                'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                                Individuality is freedom lived.
                                'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Working...
                                X