No announcement yet.

Jericho Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flagged passport means that he is considered a "person of interest" by Homeland Security and various other protection-type agencies.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for the zombies. And the super-powers. Super-powered zombies! Double bonus score!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
      Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for the zombies. And the super-powers. Super-powered zombies! Double bonus score!
      Yeah, they really missed an opportunity when they went out of town and found all those dead bodies. How awesome would it have been if the irradiated zombies had chased them back into town. Maybe that way they could have trapped them in the library and burn it down.... after the shoot out. If you're going to burn all those lovely books, zombies should be involved.

Which reminds me... now that the main source of knowledge in town is burnt to a crisp there is really no hope for these people. What they didn't know (which seems to be plenty) they could have at least looked up....now, not so much.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
        Which reminds me... now that the main source of knowledge in town is burnt to a crisp there is really no hope for these people. What they didn't know (which seems to be plenty) they could have at least looked up....now, not so much.
        Not true, SuperSkeet is the source of all knowledge in Jericho! Seriously, who needs books, tv, radio, and the internet when you have this guy?

If there were zombies, which obviously there wont be (SHAME!) then it'd obviously have to be SuperSkeet being the first one to make the obligatory zombie killing statement in regards to aiming for the head! Surely he's done some zombie killing in his "time away"!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
          Meh, I'm enjoying this show so I guess I'll just stop reading this thread.
          Me too. I understand some of the critism, but people should lighten up and not have a go at the writers...

Anyway, onto this weeks ep. Wasnt too bad. Three fires were abit much, but they were all important to the story in some way i guess. Jake and Hawkins were cool, and their 'Pool guy' lines were classic.

Im starting to wonder if this is some sort of experiment, where the town is tested on how they react to such situations, and Hawkins is in on it. Is it possible to be kicked out of the net? There are servers in every country, so shoulnt they be able to log onto sites outside of the States?
          Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Well, technically there COULD still be zombies. We haven't figured out what happened to all the disappeared folks- the ones from the planes, trains and automobiles. And the neighboring towns. And the rest of the world. Maybe what Irradiated Guy failed to tell us was that the "They" who had his daughter were the ZOMBIES! It all makes perfect sense now.

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
              Me too. I understand some of the critism, but people should lighten up and not have a go at the writers...

Anyway, onto this weeks ep. Wasnt too bad. Three fires were abit much, but they were all important to the story in some way i guess. Jake and Hawkins were cool, and their 'Pool guy' lines were classic.

Im starting to wonder if this is some sort of experiment, where the town is tested on how they react to such situations, and Hawkins is in on it. Is it possible to be kicked out of the net? There are servers in every country, so shoulnt they be able to log onto sites outside of the States?
              Yeah, but there are local gateways that your connection gets routed through that can block all coneections. This is how certain other governments can block specific sites to all of their citizens.

I still have problems with some of the technobabble talk as well as the necessicity to narrate every single technical problem, but those instances don't occur too often and I can ignore them. However, I will admit the three fires were a bit convenient (to the plot). I was also a little confused about the order of events, it seemed like power was restored and then everyone recieved the automated phone call, then power was restored again which caused the transformers to blow and fires to start? Why the transformers blew, I don't know as they rarely ever blow up like that (but it does happen on occasion) and just restoring power like that shouldn't cause a transformer to blow. But hey, what do I know, I'm just an electrical engineer.

Comment

*checks thread title*

Until it says "pro discussion only" I feel no obligation to censor my comments in this thread.

I have a feeling this is gonna be one of those shows where I swear every ep is "the last one I'll ever watch" and then the next week I'm watching it again. *sigh*

Like I said, suspension of disbelief is all well and good, but when they're getting some of the base facts wrong... and the payoff isn't even that good.... it's just aggravating.

I still think we should find out that the water in the fountain was full of radiation and then the kids can mutate into superheros and be seeded back into the timeline in order to prevent disaster...

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD View Post
                  I still have problems with some of the technobabble talk as well as the necessicity to narrate every single technical problem, but those instances don't occur too often and I can ignore them.
                  LOL....I've been really irritated by that.

I started to get annoyed with it in last weeks episode where they explained how to get gas and how it was bad to store it in the container they did. That scene where teacher girl was explaining to SuperJake and farmer boy that it was a bad idea due to static electricity and spark igniting the fuel. To me, that was a waste of time and appears as though they are using stall tactics to keep the "suspense" up.

It's not only that they are narrating every single technical problem that bothers me, but the narration itself. To me, it's being narrated as if it were directed to elementary students.

Now see viewers, this is what happens when there are fires. If it is an electrical fire, then you cannot use water while the electricty is still on, or you risk electric shock and death. You must first turn off the electricity to proceed. Now if you happen to be trapped inside a burning building, use a wet cloth to place over your mouth and nose. This will assist your efforts at breathing. Now, be sure to check the door handle to see if it is hot. If so, the fire is very close to the door. This can be further confirmed once you see spoke billowing from underneath said door.

Comment

I did wonder at some point if they'd spliced the Jericho characters into a fire safety video. Except, of course, Deputy Do-wrong would still be a bad, bad example of a fireman- volunteer or otherwise. You DO NOT go to a fire wearing ONLY your fireman's jacket and you sure as hell don't run into a burning building when you aren't fully dressed in your gear. That's SuperSkeet's job. And he can get away with it because he's invulnerable to fire.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      I have a feeling this is gonna be one of those shows where I swear every ep is "the last one I'll ever watch" and then the next week I'm watching it again. *sigh*
                      HA! You and me and the guy who does the daily Nielsen reports for Mediaweek. The last few weeks he's included a comment like "surprisingly" or "despite all expectations" or "amazingly" to describe Jericho's continued non-plummet. Heh.

Meanwhile The Nine and -- even more frustrating -- Friday Night Lights continue to struggle. Is there no justice in this world?!

Comment

Originally posted by DEM View Post
                        HA! You and me and the guy who does the daily Nielsen reports for Mediaweek. The last few weeks he's included a comment like "surprisingly" or "despite all expectations" or "amazingly" to describe Jericho's continued non-plummet. Heh.

Meanwhile The Nine and -- even more frustrating -- Friday Night Lights continue to struggle. Is there no justice in this world?!
                        I can't believe you even asked. What's justice?

I am stunned too at the non-plummet. But maybe it's due to a lack of good competition in the time slot. All the other shows on at that time are pretty different.

For the last two episodes I've felt they're really stalling. Here we have this really dramatic, devastating thing happening to the country and the real drama has been ooooh gas contained may explode... maybe... or not and look the library is burning. I can't help but feel they're dancing around the obvious.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I think people are staying tuned, not due to the quality of the show, but due to wanting to know what the h*** actually happened. Now they have us wanting to know what SuperJake was up to during the "lost years". Now they have us wanting to know who is "Hawkins" and how does he know so much, and what his role is. People stay tuned because they feel like, maybe this next episode will actually start to answer some questions. The formula seems very effective, and I guess it needs to be to make up for some of the quality.

However, they will have to eventually start solving at least some of the mysteries they have created or viewers will grow tired of the toying with the lack of information and finally start tuning out and dropping off little by little. I'll be quite honest, I wasn't a happy camper when I thought we were finally going to learn about Jake's past only to have daddy cut him off with a sappy I don't care, you came ack a better man bit. Enough scenes like that and their formula might not hold up in the long run.

Comment

i just start watching this show and im petty much all ready bored if they don;t say what happned or at least give us some thing im done with it also at the end of wasndays ep what were thous thinking fireing in the sky i think i know what they are but im not sure

Comment

I thought they were nukes, but not entirely certain. A counterstrike by the USA is my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD View Post
                                I was also a little confused about the order of events, it seemed like power was restored and then everyone recieved the automated phone call, then power was restored again which caused the transformers to blow and fires to start? Why the transformers blew, I don't know as they rarely ever blow up like that (but it does happen on occasion) and just restoring power like that shouldn't cause a transformer to blow. But hey, what do I know, I'm just an electrical engineer.
                                I think there was a power surge after the power was restored, and that's what blew the transformers. Is that a plausible explanation?
                                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Working...
                                X