"Andromeda" Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maneth View Post
    No English dub I'm afraid, but it has been subtitled into more than a dozen languages, including Klingon! Dubbing is viewed as dumb in Scandinavia in general, only shows meant for children under 7 are dubbed. Older people are expected to read well enough and quickly enough to manage with subtitles. It's a pretty good motivator for learning to read and to multi-task, i.e. being able to follow the story and the subtitling at the same time. Dubbing IMO spoils half of the work done by actors, and it's much harder to catch translation errors.

And thanks for the clarification aretood2.

Iron Sky was great fun IMO. Star Wreck is amateur by comparison but it certainly has better production values than most fan-made movies I've seen.

I did love the Starfleet ship firing on Babylon 5....That was awesome.

Which ship was it? Because in one scene it's flying above the soldiers?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

It's been a while since I saw it last, can't remember I'm afraid...

Back on topic, how far along are you now on Andromeda?
      sigpic

Comment

It's been a while since I saw it last, can't remember I'm afraid...

Back on topic, how far along are you now on Andromeda?
        I'm yet to watch episode 2 of season 2

Comment

I'm a season ahead of you then. The rest of the 2nd season is pretty good IMO.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm a season ahead of you then. The rest of the 2nd season is pretty good IMO.

From what I have heard, depending on the opinions you read it all goes downhill from season 3 onwards.

I'll probably finish Farscape once I am done with Andromeda.

Anyone know where to get plans of the ship like showing where all the decks are?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
              From what I have heard, depending on the opinions you read it all goes downhill from season 3 onwards.

I'll probably finish Farscape once I am done with Andromeda.

Anyone know where to get plans of the ship like showing where all the decks are?
              To be honest, I think the plot decided where everything is. I could never tell what's what in that show....or maybe I just didn't pay enough attention to the ship's layout.
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

The ship is huge, some 1300 meters long (almost a mile) with at least 40 decks, although how they're counted beats me. It's a wonder the crew can find their way around the ship without constant help from Rommie...

I'm 6 episodes into the 3rd season. The first two were a bit 'meh' to be honest, but the rest have been very good IMO.
                sigpic

Comment

The ship is huge, some 1300 meters long (almost a mile) with at least 40 decks, although how they're counted beats me. It's a wonder the crew can find their way around the ship without constant help from Rommie...

I'm 6 episodes into the 3rd season. The first two were a bit 'meh' to be honest, but the rest have been very good IMO.

Hi I found out the info I wanted on the net. 50 Decks according to the Andromeda Wiki including 13 uninhabitable decks

Comment

Yeah... I've been there too, but have run into some spoilers so I think I'll stay away until I've seen the entire thing.
                    sigpic

Comment

It's way bigger then the Enterprise D and even bigger then the JJ Abrams Enterprise

Comment

Oh yes, definitely.

It's about a sixth of the length of the Babylon 5 station.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm about half-way through the third season, and while the first two episodes were a bit disappointing, the rest have been pretty good so far.
                          sigpic

Comment

Season three and four aren't bad despite being too focused on Dylan Hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                              Season three and four aren't bad despite being too focused on Dylan Hunt.
                              It became the Dylan Hunt show, and his he wasn't even my favorite....in fact I had no opinion of the dear Commonwealth captain.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Howcome the so called "all systems library" which they find contains footage of the vietnam war?

Comment

Working...
                                X