No announcement yet.

"Andromeda" Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many Andromeda fans thought the series took a major turn when Robert Hewitt Wolfe (series developer and executive producer) left the show (let go?) during the 2nd season. If you notice, season 3 was more episodic or stand alone episodes.

Wolfe outlined his plans in pdf form:
    http://web.archive.org/web/200606210...eda___Coda.pdf

The show itself wasn't bad for a Tribune produced series. The back story was a bit too complicated for many to follow and the humor was often misplaced making it seem awkward or campy. But if one gets into the series, it has its moments.
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Thanks for the info and the link, Sci-Fi! I'd heard something about Robert Hewitt Wolfe being let go before, but I didn't know too much about it .... Apparently it was something to do with a clash between him and Kevin Sorbo, but I'm a big Sorbo fan so I try not to think about it. I do look forward to reading Wolfe's 'Coda' though - I just need a little bit of spare time.

I can definitely understand what you mean about the series being awkward and campy. For me it's very much what I would call a 'guilty pleasure' in the vein of series like Mutant X. I really enjoy both series, but they have a campy and misplaced quality that simply opens them up for ridicule. I always described Andromeda as Mutant X in space, and I certainly didn't mean that in any derogatory manner. Ah, I miss both shows so much .... They may not be on everyone's list of great, but they are on mine.

- Chris
      Last edited by Bullwinkle; 17 January 2008, 02:17 PM. Reason: An unfortunate typo!
      Check out my blog:
      The Land Beyond Beyond

Comment

I loved Andromeda,why'd they srop it anyway??

The last Season wasn't so good though because Rommie wasn't in it till if i remember correctly until almost the end of the Season and i wasn't all that keen on Doyle.....I liked Rommie and missed her...

Oh i also loved Mutant X too
        sigpic

Comment

so far I have seen the whole season 1 and 2, but I would like to see Kevin Sorbo,make appearance in Atlantis

Comment

I started watching it from the start but gave up during season 3. When I started to goto school online I would wake up each morning to an Andromeda episode and finished off the series rather quickly. I liked season 1 the most, the final season had me rather bored because of the lack of Rommie.
            River Tam: My food is problematic.

Comment

I love Andromeda! Personally, I liked all the seasons, just because they continued the show. Season 5 was kind of...weird, though. I mean, Rommie's head was in a box.

I caught all the episodes as reruns, which seems to be a habit with me. At least, I think I've watched all the episodes...
              There's far too much to take in here...
              SG1
              More to find than can ever be found...

Comment

So i was wondering, i know im on a board full of Stargate fans, im one too. BUt i was wondering if anybody else here liked Andromeda?
                What ever i am now, what ever this makes me, what evers happened to me, it doesnt change the man i am, have been, or want to be.- Colonel Saul Tigh.

Some times you have to roll a hard six-Admiral Adama

sigpic -Rest in Peace Battlestar Pegasus. BS62!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Like Andromeda?

I love Andromeda! One of the best Sci-Fi shows to date.

I have the entire show on DVD an am rewatching Season 1 currently.

My favorite character is of course Rommie. (Who else?) Followed closely by Harper.

Comment

Cool. Yea Rommie is pretty cool. Mine is Dylan, followed by Rhode. Not to seem rude to any of the staff, but there is a mod out based on Andromeda. Its called The Common Wealth Mod and its for Freelancer.
                    What ever i am now, what ever this makes me, what evers happened to me, it doesnt change the man i am, have been, or want to be.- Colonel Saul Tigh.

Comment

I am a huge drom fan! i spend alot of time on the woolvett board...
                      i used to mod at a few of the drom sites....

i've written tons of drom fic

i'm totally a harperchondriac..... so which characters do you guys like best

have you been watching Gordon and Steve's new show The guard?
                      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

I really liked the premise, the Long Night, the Commonwealth, etc. I liked most of the characters and set/prop design too. What I did not like was the general implementation though. It also went downhill very fast. I would have been happier if there was a bigger remnant commonwealth presence on the Andromeda itself. A crew of 5, all but one with no military experience, running around on a warship designed for a crew of 4000. Even with the goofy robots, it stretched credibility to a laughable extent.

Comment

Well you didnt watch the show carefully enough.
                          Spoiler:
                          in Seasons three and four he had full crews. It wasnt till the last episode, were he and trance took on hte World ship, when the Mogog Swarm ships started to punchier through the hull of Andromeda, the Mogog ate his crew. So Dylan locked himself and Trance in a Work station some where in the center of the ship and deppresurised it.

But for the most part you are right. It was just the five of them and the robots.

Comment

Also Rommie did most of the work on the ship.

Comment

I liked the first two seasons, then it became the adventures of Captain Herc and the Rommyprise.

isall
                              Late to the Gate

Comment

Yea but it was those adventures that made the show so intersting. It showed the crew and their life in the ne Systems Common Wealth.

Comment

Working...
                                X