Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
    That Kevin comment just killed me!

Kevin can be kinda cheesy, but I loved Dillan Hunt!...he is one of the coolest captains in scifi.
    Seriously?!

Okay.
    Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

MSN

Lists its opinion on the Best and Worst scifi shows, just wanted to share.
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Andromeda seemed to have the set up of a fantastic series:
        Strong Captain played by an equally strong actor Kevin Sorbo, wide selection of characters, evil bad guys: Magog, bit of mystery surrounding Trance and Tyr...
        but I don't know what happened... it just didn't seem to have the writing backing it up... but there were some really good storyline ideas.
        Maybe they just tried to fit too much in and it became confusing and hard to follow etc

Certainly not the worst though... I personally award the worst ever to Blake's 7!
        Ses
        James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
          MSN

Lists its opinion on the Best and Worst scifi shows, just wanted to share.
          haha I loved the worst list... not that i cared or agreed with it either way I just thought the three on it were kinda ironic LOL

But yay! Farscape is on the best list!

Comment

Of course Farscape is on the best list. Farscape is the best. [/endbias]
            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

As far as Andromeda is concerned, I pretty lost interest by about the third episode or so. Then I basically relegated the series to "watch it when there's only nothing else to watch" status. Kevin sorbo's acting really wasn't bad, but it wasn't the greatest, either. It's more the stroyline was rather sub-par. Perhaps better scripts and stories may have made a difference in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor
                Of course Farscape is on the best list. Farscape is the best. [/endbias]
                Well, Obviously... but you know it was the last on the best list LOL

Comment

I believe what ruins this series is the *massive* parallel between Dylan Hunt and Jim Kirk.

Always gets the girl, always makes out with the girl, always manages to NEVER GET HURT, always manages to somehow escape death (even if publicly announced as dead), need I say more?

Kirk was cool back then. But 60's cool has now become 21st century corny.
                  Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
                    I believe what ruins this series is the *massive* parallel between Dylan Hunt and Jim Kirk.

Always gets the girl, always makes out with the girl, always manages to NEVER GET HURT, always manages to somehow escape death (even if publicly announced as dead), need I say more?

Kirk was cool back then. But 60's cool has now become 21st century corny.
                    That's one of the things that bugs me about him most.

Comment

Andromeda was OK. But the Magog just freaked me out to damn much to even make the series remotely watchable. Kevin Sorbo, he was cheesy but not the worst sci-fi captain. That gotta be Archer. Baukla can't act his way out of a paper bag. The premise of Andromeda was great thought.
                      Please come and vist my friends and my little corner of the net. We'd love to have you.

Comment

Originally posted by SISKO
                        I have just watched the first season of andromeda.

I regret it deeply.

the reason I gave it a try was because SFX magazine said that it was one of the worst seasons EVER!, but I didn't think it looked that bad.

I was wrong.

The acting was awfull. Absolutley AWFULL

IT WAS COMPLICATED, I mean it was pretty obvious the writers were trying to pass it off as complex, but just because you make the characters speak in riddells does not make it complex, it makes it even more shallow/

alltogether, it was just ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!
                        You are sooo right! I tried, very hard, on several occasions, to like Andromeda, but the acting was awful, the writing terrible, and the sets were cheap and campy. The aliens were stupid and the plot too cumbersome for such a poorly developed series. The backstory was good, for sure, but it just sucked. Plus, Hercules as captain? ARRRGGGHG.

Comment

not even the dynamic eye candy duo of lexa and laura could keep my interest.

2nd and 3rd seasons were most palatable, but still not enough to even get me to remember it ever week. the attempt at seasonal arcs was so badly done that you could miss a few weeks at a time and not really miss much.

This season started off fairly interesting, but they just turned them all into petty, scheming children with no apparent hope for return to any sort of nobility. yes...i know...using that word is a stretch.

I gave up on it again this season after the 2nd time dillan made the point that they were all good people and should be good people again and they agreed, and then the next ep they were back to backstabbing, lying, cheating and trying to find the best angle...

pah.
                          Thanks!
                          Jordan

my page
                          My LJ
                          From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I have to agree with you all.....I tried very hard to get into Andromeda, on several occasions, and failed. The show was terrible, period. If I don't like a SciFi show, there is something seriously wrong with it. In the case of Andromeda, I can't even begin to list it's faults, but I've noticed you have hit most of them already.

Nice to know it wasn't me......but tell me, how did it last so long and great shows like Farscape and Dead Like Me get cancelled????
                            On fighting:
                            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Because it was CHEAP!

Farscape was expensive... very expensive, but I can't speak for Dead Like Me.

Comment

Oh Sisko, poor Sisko you thought the FIRST season was horrible, you poor man you know nothing of the true pain Andumbeda can inflict upon a soul. Gasp in horror as I now reveal, (for the second time in this thread infact) that the first season was actually probably the best one!

Yes that's right after the first season things got WORSE. I'm not talking about a little worse I'm talking about "how in the hell is this still on TV, wait is this a real show or am I dreaming while sleeping off 45 hits of acid"

In all seriousness though Andromeda was not just a bad sci-fi show. It's the kind of show that is so humiliatingly awful that it embarasses the entire science fiction genre and science fiction fans by extension. Casual Tv viewers will encounter Andromeda, class it as sci-fi and in many cases allow its unrelenting and often comical awfulness to damage their opinion of the genre and its fans. "People actually watch this....crap" they'll chortle to themselves as they flip the channel in disgust.

Make no mistake folks Andromeda is a show so bad it damages and humiliates an entire genre by serving as a sort of hidious mutant clown parade of all it's worst cliches and most laughable concepts set to the beat of some of the most sigularly godamned awful writing I have EVER encountered in television or film. I've seen 1am "sci-fi" movies starring Julie Strain that look like Oscar contenders next to some of the stuff that oozes out of Andromeda and that is in no way a playful over-exaguration.

Comment

Working...
                                X