No announcement yet.

"Andromeda" Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I'm from the US. And inner Nietzschean? I don't think that it really exists. Her DNA was used, doesn't make her Nietzschean.
    'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Tamer
      No, I'm from the US. And inner Nietzschean? I don't think that it really exists. Her DNA was used, doesn't make her Nietzschean.
      So being an 'alpha mom' of all of the Nietzchean doesn't make her Nietzschean? (no, i dont know, they never really explained it well...)
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
        So being an 'alpha mom' of all of the Nietzchean doesn't make her Nietzschean? (no, i dont know, they never really explained it well...)
        Well, we do know that Nietzcheans are genetically engineered (even though based in part on her DNA) and she ISN'T genetically engineered (note the absence of spines on her forearms), then I guess that'd make her NOT a Nietzchean.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
          Well, we do know that Nietzcheans are genetically engineered (even though based in part on her DNA) and she ISN'T genetically engineered (note the absence of spines on her forearms), then I guess that'd make her NOT a Nietzchean.
          But she is someone important to the race right? I got a headache when they were trying to explain it when we found out...

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger's Cat
            Am I the only one here from the USA?

What happened to Beka's inner Nietzschean? I miss that!

Beka/Rhade, Andromeda/Dylan, and Rommie/Gabriel shipper
            By "Beka's inner Nietzschean", I'm referring to the fact that it was obvious that she had Nietzschean blood in her before 5x13 "Pride before the Fall".
            Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

Anyone see Episode 18? With the return of Rommie?

Wasn't it refreshing to see her again?! A bit scary though. I did like the little relationship Doyle and Rommie had near the beginning of the newly made Rommie's body, although
              Spoiler:
              it was just fake, since yah, Rommie wanted revenge...
              Also Rommie and Trance's little meet up, it was actually interesting... Also, Rommie's "List"... Haha... Very funny. And Ahh!
              Spoiler:
              SLIPSTREAM, so long since i've seen that... although it didn't work...
              Last edited by Elwe Singollo; 17 April 2005, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Who likes the crew completed? (Rommie, yes, has finally returned!!!) Although the show is comming to an end, i was very liking the relationship between Rommie and Doyle. Also, whats up with Trance?!

Last edited by Elwe Singollo; 22 April 2005, 10:11 PM.

Comment

I have just watched the first season of andromeda.

I regret it deeply.

the reason I gave it a try was because SFX magazine said that it was one of the worst seasons EVER!, but I didn't think it looked that bad.

I was wrong.

The acting was awfull. Absolutley AWFULL

IT WAS COMPLICATED, I mean it was pretty obvious the writers were trying to pass it off as complex, but just because you make the characters speak in riddells does not make it complex, it makes it even more shallow/

alltogether, it was just ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!

Comment

I am huge Kevin Sorbo fan, so my opionion is biased, and yes the first season was rather forgettable. But those end of the season episodes when the MgGog started invading the ship were very disturbing. Worst ever?...Nahh, Andromeda is good fun.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

And the first season was the best season... it's pretty much downhill after that.

I agree whole heartedly it is crap.
                      Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Andromeda had a few episodes here and there that were actually good.

All Too Human, Harper 2.0, The Dark Backward, Its Hour Has Come At Last, Oruboros (sp?), Day of Wrath Day of Judgement...

But overall the show is crap.

Kevin Sorbo is just horrible at acting lol.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Could it have been better? Most certainly. Was it the worst ever? No.

I think Andromeda had the potential to be better than it was, but I think the universe itself, and the premise was very good. They just got too sidetracked, and now they're stuck on Seefra when they should have been making the Commonwealth something decent. I think the actors have done good jobs with what they were given... I blame the writers for leading a good sci-fi show to a bad end. They could've done better, and now Andromeda is going to end in a rather anti-climatic setting. I feel bad for the show, because I like it and it could have been more than it was.

The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                          Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                          My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                          Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
                            Could it have been better? Most certainly. Was it the worst ever? No.

I think Andromeda had the potential to be better than it was, but I think the universe itself, and the premise was very good. They just got too sidetracked, and now they're stuck on Seefra when they should have been making the Commonwealth something decent. I think the actors have done good jobs with what they were given... I blame the writers for leading a good sci-fi show to a bad end. They could've done better, and now Andromeda is going to end in a rather anti-climatic setting. I feel bad for the show, because I like it and it could have been more than it was.

I agree.

V could count as worse than Andromeda lol

It had potential, but it didn't go there...

I didn't watch much of Season 4 and I gave up after a few episodes of Season 5.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                              Andromeda had a few episodes here and there that were actually good.

Kevin Sorbo is just horrible at acting lol.
                              That Kevin comment just killed me!

Kevin can be kinda cheesy, but I loved Dillan Hunt!...he is one of the coolest captains in scifi.
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Second and Third were by far the best of Andromeda. Four wasn't half bad, and five has had some decent episodes, but it isn't that great.
                                Rocky

Comment

Working...
                                X