No announcement yet.

"Andromeda" Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved sliders ! The end was sad and they seriously would have been better off ending it were Quin Malary and his brother found home did some big battle and game over. Instead they pushed it into a dead end season lossed Quin Malary and His brother and the hole purpose plot and reason to watch.

Sliders started off with lets find our demension and go home, Then it changed to having Quin not being of the real demension and sought out to find his real home and distiny, Then they just wrote them off and it became just hopping around for no reason or purpose.
    The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Originally posted by Vapor
      You should watch some japanese television.
      Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda is a US television series, and we Americans like our shows to continue for as long as possible. Some people like Enterprise and others think it should die an early death. The same goes for Andromeda.

Comment

The only difference is that Ent might be saved. Andromeda is over with.
        It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
          For me, I want to see what comes of Dylan as a Paradyne and how his new-found powers as a Paradyne shape his will for possibly going back to the past in his own universe and stopping the Neitzcheans from destroying the Commonwealth. I mean, think about how the writers could play out the series as an alternate to the past 4.5 years. Dylan had spent 4 years after spending 300 suspended in time, and after seeing all that has happened and what could have been done differently, he has the ability to go back and correct things. Now the real question comes to whether or not he runs into Trance somewhere down the line back in the past, as well as Flavin, and whether or not he can really change things or be like Angel Dark, Demon Bright in which he had to play out how future events said it happened, or change the past and change the future. I think there is so much to expand on the story, like that burning question since Day 1: Does Dylan Hunt EVER get a haircut after 4.5 years, and if so, who is his barber?
          LOL - Hunt getting a haircut...I think he lost his barbar 300 yrs ago and doesn't trust Beka to do it!

Anyhow, Season 5 has been so strange with all this Seefra non-sense...I think we need another Season to wrap up all that mess and get on with Dylan exploring the Paradine that he is and the great adventures as you mentioned in your post. If they cut out after Season 5 I'll feel like I've been left hanging....kinda like they did to me with Jeramiah.... That will just suck!

S

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
            Enterprise has done great since they got rid of the old, crappy writers and hired Manny Coto, from Voyager, to weave his magic and revive the show. I don't care how many writers you hire/fire, Andromeda is just bad sci-fi and not much will save it. Kevin Sorbo is one of the worst actors I've ever seen, so even if it goes on for another season without him, it couldn't hurt the show much. Does anyone really, really think Andromeda is a good show? Maybe it's just me...sheesh.

It's not as good as Stargate, and I used to be a big Trek fan...so that's what brought me to Andromeda...Rodenberry as well as it being on Sci-Fi. I have to say that it was my Hubs that persisted in watching...I fell asleep on his lap several times watching Andromeda before I actually started to watch the series and get into it. Beka is my favorite character and Dylan was a bit lacking, but I finally came around and enjoy watching Sorbo as Dylan. They put together a good blend of a supporting cast and that is what makes it fun to watch.

I just watched an ep that centered around Trance and it was much more interesting that I would have thought, they explored her character well...

Oh well...that's my 2 cents for the day on Andromeda....

S

Comment

Does Mrs. Rodenberry even have anything to do with the show? I thought she left after the first season?
              It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by Tarantulas
                Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda is a US television series, and we Americans like our shows to continue for as long as possible.
                And who exactly is "we Americans"? For that matter, how is it that you have spoken for each and every one of them?

I was simply making the point that some shows need to know when to quit. If Dylan is gone, I think "Andromeda" should be over. If they were to continue the story, they could make a spin-off with a different name, but most of the AND characters- that would work. At least I wouldn't have to suffer through a final pity-season where the last episode isn't really meant to be the last-it's just the last one they had the money to produce, and then that was it.

Comment

I was checking out TV Tome and saw that it looked like there is just 13 eps for Andromeda for season 5. Now I already know that the new Battlestar Galactica was set for 13 as well.

I have to ask... what the HELL are these people smoking? 13 eps seems like nothing more than crunching the story too much. Can you image what would have happened to Stargate for seasons 2,3 & 4's storylines if they did just 13 eps. How about Seasons 5-8 and the whole Anubis storyline. Point is a lot of good "misc" eps will never be produced as a result I believe. If SG-1 was 13 eps would they have done Window of Opportunity and Wormhole Extreme? I thought 'Window of Opportunity' was one of the funniest eps ever made of SG-1.

Anyways, anyone know anything about reasons why shows are getting cut? Sucks I already get half a season of 'The Shield'. It used to be the norm to do 22-24 eps. Now we here SG-1 and Atlantis are cut to 20 next season. Is it just me or do I get the feeling the TV industry is going to completely wipe out all original TV in favor of crap reality shows?

Comment

BSG only has thirteen episodes because it is starting mid-season, thus the first season is more of a half-season. As for Andromeda, I assume that TV Tome doesn't yet have all the information for season five. I think it is due to be 22 episodes long.

EDITED TO ADD: AndromedaGuide, GateWorld's Andromeda site, has sixteen episodes for Andromeda's fifth season listed so far.
                    Rocky

Comment

Stargate was cut down to 20 eps. Waah!

Later,
                      Graculus

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                        BSG only has thirteen episodes because it is starting mid-season, thus the first season is more of a half-season. As for Andromeda, I assume that TV Tome doesn't yet have all the information for season five. I think it is due to be 22 episodes long.

EDITED TO ADD: AndromedaGuide, GateWorld's Andromeda site, has sixteen episodes for Andromeda's fifth season listed so far.

Thats good to hear. I always thought TV Tome was good at listing eps. I have checked their site in the past to see air dates etc.. for shows like Stargate and The Shield and they were always all listed prior to the season even starting. As for BSG, I have to ask, what the *^*$ does it matter to Scifi channel if they are starting half season or not? They have the MOST whacked scheduling of any channel. Just ask any fan of ANY of the original shows they have had. You never know when the season starts, when the break is, and when the season commences again.

Comment

This is nothing new, if shows cost too much they get cut down. QaF had 20 episodes season 1, now it has 13 season 5. Stargate went from 22 to 20. The OC was a huge hit and they order extra episodes to make season 1 have 27 episodes. It's the way things work. I'm waiting until next year when they make Lost 13 episodes because it cost a lot.

BSG cost a lot to make, so be happy they are making the show at all. They can cancel it at any time if the shows ratings aren't that well and cost too much. So stop your whining. SCi-Fi might be dumb, but their planning for the shows are right because they know they can't compeat with the other channels.

Just because you [mod snip] can't understand that they tale a break doesn't make SCi-Fi dumb [mod snip]. It's not like Sci-Fi doesn't show enough commercails for it's **** as is.
                          Last edited by Feli; 31 December 2004, 10:54 AM. Reason: Insulting other posters

Comment

well, when i first started watching sg-1, i figured seasons were 13 episodes long, but that was a long, long time ago, and before i discovered this site. from what i understand, lots of shows have only 13 or 14 eps.
                            ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                              Just because you are an idiot and can't understand that they tale a break doesn't make SCi-Fi dumb, it just makes you dumb. It's not like Sci-Fi doesn't show enough commercails for it's **** as is.
                              Read the Forum rules recently, have you? Here we respect our fellow Forum members.
                              Rocky

Comment

I normally would but when this one [mod snip] comes here and starts talking **** about things he has no clue about, he deserves what he gets.
                                Last edited by Madeleine; 31 December 2004, 07:52 PM. Reason: Insulting language

Comment

Working...
                                X