"Andromeda" Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
    This was a touching episode With Don S. D. being there having to be told that Beka wasn't his real daughter, but didn't seem like he cared or something, wahh
    Really?

You have to be careful here. You need spoiler tags

I haven't seen the episode yet, but I actually doubt that I will... I'll probably miss it.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
      Really?

You have to be careful here. You need spoiler tags

I haven't seen the episode yet, but I actually doubt that I will... I'll probably miss it.
      I keep forgetting about that
      But newho, you can kind of expect it from watching the preview though, well maybe not, but i did Haha...
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
        I keep forgetting about that
        But newho, you can kind of expect it from watching the preview though, well maybe not, but i did Haha...
        I was only half paying attention. I was sort of going, "Hey, it's Hammond!"

And then when they were saying, "STARGATE'SDONS.DAVISGUESTSTARS" I was laughing.

Comment

I've commented on Andromeda before, but I just wanted to say that I gave it a second chance and still think it's bad. I went to the Andromeda website, which is linked from Gateworld, and read up on the backstory and characters. I was pretty impressed with the idea of the story, especially some of the aliens, including the Nietzscheians, who are genetically enhanced humans. Pretty cool idea and all.

However....

The show still sucks. I watched the first season, second season, and a few from the last season and one from the current season. Man, the acting is stilted and bad; the writing and dialogue is awful, and some of the aliens look ridiculous. I apologize to any fans out there, but I really gave it a try.

Does anyone know how this is connected to Roddenberry? I mean, he's been dead since the early 90s, so was this something he conceived of back in the day and Majel Barrett, his widow, developed? Personally, I think Earth the Final Conflict was better than this show. What do the rest of you think? Am I being too harsh?

Comment

Gene Roddenbury had the idea for this show to be a darker show then Trek was. Don't know how much he had acctually planned. Most is probably his son and the writers work.

The basic idea was Gene's but the rest is made up.

Comment

I like Andromeda!

Comment

I think its getting better this year, but i have to say, everynow and then, i do have to complain to the tv about some of the scenes that have bad acting, but i don't think the show is going down hill anymore.

Comment

Bah, this show is confusing and so cheesy I can make nachos with it. I was able to follow the first... two seasons and some of the episode were good, but most are just... I can't really stand them.

I HATE Dylan. Kevin Sorbo is just horrible at acting! The acting IS horrible, the costumes are cheesy. I used to like Trance. Used to. I love Harper, and Rhade (*cough*Harper/Rhade*cough*). Rommie is cool.

I missed most of the episodes of the last season, and I've seen a couple episodes so far this season and missing 15 minutes of an episode basically means you've missed the whole show.

But for some reason, I just can't stop watching.

It's kind of like a really bad train wreck or car crash. You just can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                    I missed most of the episodes of the last season, and I've seen a couple episodes so far this season and missing 15 minutes of an episode basically means you've missed the whole show.
                    Thats like me, except this includes all the other shows i watch, haha... But you should watch this season (or at least most of it!) because i think its getting better than the 'train wreck/car crash' from previous years

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                      I like Andromeda!
                      What do you like about it? Maybe it's just me, dude. I dunno...I just have a hard time getting in to it.

Comment

yah....i too think that it's gotten better this season....

first 2 seasons i really liked but then 3 and 4 spiraled out of control.....

now they're kinda back to first 2 seasons.....not rebuilding a commonwealth but rebuilding mode, both the system they're in and the trust of the characters involved......
                        Thanks!
                        Jordan

my page
                        My LJ
                        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Andromeda aka Hercules In Space. I watched the first two seasons, which were good but not brilliant, it just got increasingly bad the more Kevin Sorbo exerted himself on the show and its production.

Comment

There are three things I like about Andromeda.

1. The ship-ship battles. Ships in Andromeda has a nice set of weapon systems.
                            2. Laura Bertam (Trance-Gemini) Wonderful woman!
                            3. Harper. I love the little geek

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                              There are three things I like about Andromeda.

1. The ship-ship battles. Ships in Andromeda has a nice set of weapon systems.
                              2. Laura Bertam (Trance-Gemini) Wonderful woman!
                              3. Harper. I love the little geek
                              Which one is Harper?

Comment

The young genious from Earth with a crush on every girl on two legs... or more =)

Comment

Working...
                                X