This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dumper
    I'm currently half way through reading The fellowship of the ring, and I'm already surprised how different it is from the movie.
    Wait till you read The Two Towers...
    You'll be even more surprised.
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Yeah I was greatly surprised to LOL I was like whoa...hahaha

Glad you all liked that little video at work I think about it and just kind of makes me giggle...

I do have to say one thing about the movies, the ending I am still a bit bitter about, I feel like they could have found a better way to show what happened to the rest of the characters...unless you read the books or have gone on the net you never know certain things and it's a bit frustrating or maybe I'm just nutty hahaha

Comment

The Jackson spin on Tolkien's trilogy is an excellent narration though because of the constraints of the media is not entirely Tolkien! Yet I enjoy this great effort and even more so the realization that so many who have never even heard of Tolkien or of Frodo have now become familar to the world and some of the characters of Middle Earth. If you haven't done so do see the extended versions especially with ROTK.

Comment

Originally posted by CCA
          Great video clip. Thanks for sharing.

sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I read the books first, and i have to say they are better.

The movies are great, but leave a fair bit of stuff out, which is to be expected for film i guess. Very good effort by all actors thought.

I enjoyed the Hobit book, but dont think it will be made a film, as it isnt as good as LOTR, and doesnt have the same feel...
            Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie
              The movies are great, but leave a fair bit of stuff out, which is to be expected for film i guess. Very good effort by all actors thought.
              Still not happy about what they did with Faramir...

Could have done without so much Arwen either...
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                Still not happy about what they did with Faramir...

Could have done without so much Arwen either...
                Yes, they didn't explain Faramir very well, did they? Even with the added footage on the extended versions. I'm also not quite happy with how they handled Denethor--although that scene with him gorging himself while Pippin is singing and Faramir is riding out to his 'death' made me cry buckets.

I didn't mind Arwen, but I didn't care for Eowyn overmuch.

*sigh* Now I want to watch all three movies (extended versions!) one right after the other...*sigh* so little time....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

i watched the movies again last week. i enjoy them every time i watch them, they are so great.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk
                    Great video clip. Thanks for sharing.

hahah no problem glad I could share that and I'm back with more if you all have not seen some of these enjoy

warmbeachbrat yeah I just recently did that and took me about a week though I was fast fowarding Frodo...I know I'm terrible but well I won't get into that right now LOL

As the new clip I wanted to share

Taking the Hobbits 2 Isengard I got this thing stuck in my head for a day and was singing it in the backroom (slames head down)

Elves in Tights heheh She had great timing

Comment

https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Once More with Hobbits:

http://www.omwh.com/index.html

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

That Elves in Tights video was hilarious! And the techno LOTR music was pretty cool.
                          sigpic
                          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

:
                            Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds

:-)

Comment

i love lord of the rings
                              http://sword.myminicity.com/

Comment

here's my friend LOTR site http://www.geocities.com/evilchickcindy/
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X