Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V... what a series. An instant classic. Independence day is a bit of a rip off of it, but not as good as V... no where near as good. #

At one point, i liked the final battle better then the original. Now, i just about prefer the original. Also, i didn't like the way the StarChild stoped the ship from blowing up. Too cheesey... and not in a good way. And the TV series... only the first two episodes could hold up against the mini series.

Beware, SPOLIER (for those that haven't seen it)

Also, in the second epeisode of the original, at the end, they send a message out to space in the hope that it reaches the Visitors enemy. Then, when the Final Battle came along, they seemed to have forgotten about it entirely, which really irked me.

I'm glad that Kenneth Johnson is coming back to continue the story from that point... meaning that the Final Battle series never happenend, or exists as an alternate version of the ending. But i really can't wait to see what the visitors 'enemy' is like. Bring on V: The 2nd Generatiom.

Rimmer: 'I cant let you out'
    Lister: 'Why not?'
    Rimmer: 'Because the king of the potato people wont let me. I begged him. I got down on my knees and wept. He wants to keep you here, keep you here for 10 years'
    Cat: 'Can we see him?'
    Rimmer: 'See who?'
    Cat: 'The king.'
    Rimmer: 'Do you have a magic carpet?'
    Lister: 'Yeah...a little 3 seater'
    Rimmer: 'So let me get this straight, you want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people, and plead with him for your freedom. And your telling me your completely sane?'

Comment

Originally posted by the_cadpig
      I've seen Faye Grant and Marc Singer in other things since. They still look good. Haven't seen Jane Badler in anything, though.
      Apparently Jane's goin' strong in Australia:

AT
      thistledown
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thistledown
        Apparently Jane's goin' strong in Australia:

AT
        She looks good in her pictures, but she could stand to eat a few cheeseburgers!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
          She looks good in her pictures, but she could stand to eat a few cheeseburgers!
          LOL!
          What? You mean, having less meat on you than a McNugget isn't sexy?
          Don't men get turned on by Xrays?

AT
          thistledown
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thistledown
            LOL!
            What? You mean, having less meat on you than a McNugget isn't sexy?
            Don't men get turned on by Xrays?

AT

Ummm...maybe if they are a radiologist!
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X