Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just finally found a 360 myself, this is the best game ever made.

Comment

does anyone else have this game for 360 or PC? I think it's amazing. It has over 500 hours of gameplay!

NOTE: THIS THREAD MAY INCLUDE SPOILERS FOR OBLIVION STORYLINES

With that said, my character is level 12 right now, i am Grand Champoin of the Arena, Listener or the Dark Brotherhood, im just a Swordsman of the fighters guild, and only an apprentice in the mages guild. I have a really cool two handed sword i found in an oblivion gate, and i have the special Dragon armor.

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

It's ok, very good looking graphics on the PC (and if you've got a high end PC. HDR lighting looks very nice ), but unfortunately I don't find the actual game as compelling to play as Morrowind. In fact, I haven't played it for awhile now. I think the game has been 'dumbed down' as to make it more accessible for non-RPG players, and it's lost the the gameplay of the previous Elder Scrolls games.

Comment

There are some aspects of Morrowind I liked better and some aspects of Oblivion I like better. Its hard to tell which one I like best because right now I am really into Oblivion.

The graphics in Oblivion are much better as is the fighting. I do like the fast travel but it does make the world seem smaller. I also like the arrows pointing the way to where your going so you dont have to search for cave entrances for hours like you did in Morrowind. But then with the absense of blight storms and the beautiful graphics I probably wouldnt mind so much in this game and the arrows really do add to the sense of "dumbing down" and it does make the game easier. I wish somehow they could use arrows for some things but not all things.

Same with the leveled enemies. I think it is a good idea to have leveled enemies in the main quest because Morrowinds mainquest was wwwwaaaaaayyyyy too easy once I got to it. On the other hand, there should always be areas of the game where the enemies are at a set level so you cant go there unless you are strong enough. As it is you can go anywhere at the beginning of the game and still live through it so there is no real reason to level up. I am also NOT a fan of the leveled loot because once you get to level 20 or so it becomes ridiculous how every bandit has Glass or Deadric armor.

The NPCs in this game are much better then Morrowind which is cool. Their doesnt seem to be as many guilds however. Also, I wish that if the civilans are going to steal they would freaking surrender to the gaurds instead of always getting themselves killed. And I wish when you are forced to work with the gaurds you could explain to them why staying back and using arrows or sneaking is better then just rushing ahead into a group of deadra, but whatcanyoudo.

I also dont like that you cant where clothes with your armor or that you cant mix and match your armor the way you could in morrowind with your left pauldron being glass and your right being drwarvin or something. The Glass armor in Morrowind looked much better too.

I think Morrowind had a lot more into the gameplay itself while Oblivion has had a lot more put in the graphics. It doesnt seem quite done. But then buy the time I decided I really really wanted to fully play Morrowind I went and got an xbox and got the GOTY version which means it had 2 expansion pacts already in it... that ofcourse makes the game even bigger. I think Oblivion is a good start and if Bethesda builds from here (and doesnt bleed the fans dry for cash) I think that the depth it is currently missing can be added.

As it is Oblivion is awesome. Currently I have a level 26 Dark Elf Crusader. I am Champion of Cyrodiil, Champion of Arena, Master of Fighters Guild, Arch-Mage of Mages Guild. Oh, and I finished that dang Nirnroot quest. I was going to do Theives Guild and DB but in light of my characters current status I think I need to create a new character to do that. I am thinking Khajit or Argonian (but I already played and Argonian in Daggerfall so probably khajit).
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Um...shouldn't the title of the thread be Elder Scroll not Elder Scross. And I definitely am getting this game.

Don't know what it's about though.
            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Eh, I got bored of it fairly quickly. It was great for the first few days, however I absolutly hated going into dungeons, they were long, and fighting the enemys was boring.

Now, don't get me started on the Oblivion Gates. God I hated doing these things, and the colour scheme made me feel like throwing up.

The great things were all the storys and dialogue, and alot of the missions that didn't involve "going into generic dungeon and retriving the kings lucky purse" were great.

The main story was a gaint let down, it was short, easy, and fairly boring.
              An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Working...
              X