Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It ended with a Whimper, not a Bang... @#$^#!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pitry
    Oh. Actually I thought the last episode was a much better ending than the Serenity. It felt too cliched. And the ending of the last episode was actually quite lovely, finally they were a family.
    'Cept for Inara was leaving...

Comment

Did anyone Mention yet the Spinoff of the X Files "The LoneGunmen"

I really liked that show and after bad ratings the show finally got cancelled then they had a final episode of it on the X Files where they Killed off all the guys lol. They didnt even give those guys a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Delicious_Fat_Guy
        Did anyone Mention yet the Spinoff of the X Files "The LoneGunmen"

I really liked that show and after bad ratings the show finally got cancelled then they had a final episode of it on the X Files where they Killed off all the guys lol. They didnt even give those guys a chance.
        Killed them off? I hadn't realized that. That kind of sucks.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Sliders....................................
          The Cronicle- didn't give it a chance
          The Invisible Man - They never found a way to get the thing out
          Tremor The series. - again didn't give it a chance
          Mission Gensis - I don't remember it getting a resolution
          Doctor Who - The Classic Seris ended just as it was turning around
          Surface- It was getting Good
          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Sliders: Can not really remember too much of how it died, but then again after the 1st or 2nd season I stopped caring, the show went downhill so fast.

X-Files: After 9 years this is what we get? After that ending I could care less about this show. Good job writers! My feeling is kind of the larger the story arc the bigger the ending should be.. which leads me to...

Earth Final Conflict: This show which started off so briliantly left on kind of a really bad note. Not so much the final ep but the final season, although they did manage to bring back to life two very important characters. But the final eps ending, after such a long and poweful story arc, ended kind of on a whimper. Not the worst, but could have been done better.

Enterprise: WE should have been paid just to watch this dribble of an ending.

Angel: So, um, how does this end? We don't know. So the ending is no different than any other show that gets canceled before its end. Kind of like you want to say "I watched 5 seasons for THIS!"

First Wave: Kind of almost like Angel. Although the ending trully finished the story, the last scene of everyone smiling and giggling in the car was... well dumb. Just not how I would have imagined after all that they went through.

Now two shows that ended well I just wanted to add. Strangely both are...well read on.

Andromeda: Never really liked this show too much, and the final season from what I saw was something I can not repeat here in front of children. But the very final ending was strangely good. I am surprised myself at saying that. Universe saved, big ending for a long story. The final seen where whats his face is all alone satisfied finally seemed fitting, as he entered alone he should walk off the stage alone. In such we have the hero complete his journey which is what we all want from these shows. X-Files, where is the completion of th epic that was started in S1? Angel, *$&@* if I know what happens.

Stargate: I know I know, ppl are going to say "But Stargate SG-1" hasnt ended". Ok, let me explain. I kind of always had the feeling that the final 2 ep story of season 8 was in a way a ending of the show before being reborn. Prior to that ep we saw essentially the big ending with all the fanfare, characters dying, big special effects. The last 2 eps were kind of seemed like a goodbye by getting to the basics of what makes this show fun. SG-1 goes off on a mission, gets into trouble, works it out, all while having a fun time of it. The final scene of them fishing seemed to be the way it should have ended if it was going to end.

Take Star Wars for example. Now that all 6 movies are there and we know the whole story, I for one look at the series a little differently. I think it is extremely important that if you have a large epic story it is equally important how you end the story as you start it. Too often shows like X-Files start this great journey only to end up at a rest stop. In Star Wars we see the hero change as he should and end the story with the completion of his quest. In a sense almost all of these SciFi shows are similar in that they have heroes on great quests, whether it be to return home, become human, or save humanity.

Comment

Exactly Season 8 is for lack of a batter term the end of the First half of Stargate. The Universe is saved the big bads have their asses kicked and SG-1 is still together. It's the end of an Era. This new stargate is more like Stargate the next generation or something like that and I hope it ends just as well as the first 8 seasons did.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Reynolds
                Exactly Season 8 is for lack of a batter term the end of the First half of Stargate. The Universe is saved the big bads have their asses kicked and SG-1 is still together. It's the end of an Era. This new stargate is more like Stargate the next generation or something like that and I hope it ends just as well as the first 8 seasons did.
                I agree. In another 8 seasons.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  I agree. In another 8 seasons.
                  Eight (well, actually seven if we're talking about making it even) more seasons sounds excellent!

Comment

I also don't get the end of Earth: Final Conflict. I'll go against the crowd and say I still liked the show (heck, I must have I bought it on DVD!), but I agree that if the show is called Earth: Final Conflict, you're looking for, well, a Final Conflict lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                      .....but I agree that if the show is called Earth: Final Conflict, you're looking for, well, a Final Conflict lol
                      Indeed! One certainly would think so.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                      X