"The 4400" Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
    I found the homeless girl kinda hot. Reminded my of some other actress, but can't remember who.
    I thought the homeless girl played in Wrong Turn and Dawn of the Dead, but i dont know... At the sametime it didn't look like her.

Gosh although it was supposingly the right thing to heal (was it?) i feel bad for both Sean and the poor people that need healing! But then again, Collier was right, dont heal them or else all of them will want it, or something like that.
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Since the death of tvtome(I HATE Tv.com) it's much harder to find guest starring actors. imdb just isn't good enough compared to tvtome.

Comment

I never saw Season 1, but the previews for this show looked awesome. I've been recording every episode from this season. My Tivo records one hour and then cuts to another show, so I never get to see the ending of any of them. I need to cancel my fiances stupid show 'Intervention'...so I can watch more 4400!

Comment

Yes, what the heck happened to TvTome?? And I can't believe I missed such a blantant cameo: Jinto! But all in all, this episode really aggravated me. Collier didn't tell Richard anything they couldn't have figured out for themselves after what Izzy did to those hunters. Although I'll admit having her smile at Collier was an interesting (if predictable) twist. And it seemed a bit random to introduce Lily's ex-husband, unless they plan to do more with her and Heidi (please!).
          But what bothered me most was Kyle. Of all people to tell about the black outs, he tells DANNY?! After how cruel he was to Shawn, it seems a little odd, especially when Danny still obviously maintains that the 4400 are freaks. Nicki is what started the whole mess with him, and he flippantly dismisses it with one comment.
          That said, I'm still excited about coming episodes. Next week looks especially cool with Maia-central stories.
          And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
          Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
          Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
          Daniel: Oh! You see?
          Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

There is definitely some quantum mechanics involved here. The thing with Kyle's image splitting into separate parts reminds me of some sort of focal point between alternate realities. Theoretically (and this is real) multiple alternate realities can exist side by side, each having it's own 'frequency' and being different from the others.
            That makes sense to me (I know a little bit about quantum mechanics), and would definitely be interesting if it's behind what's going on with Kyle. Time will tell.

Ughhhh I did NOT like this episode. I really hope the season doesn't continue this way. The last episode wasn't as good as the first two but it was perfectly fine; this episode was mediocre at best, kinda crappy at worst. All JMHO of course.

Miss Tobey was fine, I had no problem with her, and I thought her talent was a good one. But I thought the whole bit with the kids, the kid Greg and the gun, and that whole storyline was really drawn out and kinda cheesy -- especially with the little 'interviews' with the kids. It just wasn't very well acted IMO and I found it boring.

I also really, REALLY disliked the subplot with Shawn and the homeless kids. One, that girl wasn't that hot (IMO); I thought Nicki was way, way hotter (and he should go back to her ). The shippiness between Shawn and homeless girl was so predictable and cheesy and IMO dumb. I was embarassed watching it! The only good part was him healing the guy (although the guy didn't deserve to be healed, and Shawn should have just walked away); at least it showed Shawn that he CAN'T fix the world completely, that he has limitations and there is only so much he can do, and it also showed what a completely good guy Shawn is. But otherwise I considered that whole storyline pointless and boring. One question about Shawn -- why did he scream while he was healing that guy?

I hope Collier turns out to be good. I suppose that would be boring but I always want people to live up to their better aspects. He did pass the Isabel test, but I'm not so sure that means so much, after she shook up Richard. The bit with Ryan (Lily's ex husband) and Heidi did seem a bit superfluous, but I didn't mind too much cause I like Ryan's character, and I think he's HOT. Btw, why exactly did Richard get arrested? Avoiding NTAC? Collier's goons? I wasn't clear on that.

Hex: I think Kyle told Danny (btw, I don't like Danny, I really really disliked him in season 1 and he appears to be just as maladjusted now, IMO), simply because he really doesn't have that many friends or people to talk to, and at least Danny is family. Although personally, I think Kyle should just confide in Lexa/his teacher. Or tell his dad already -- things are getting serious now.

Sligthly off-topic: does anyone else majorly thunk for Collier? Mmmmm.

Comment

I already know who dies (like I said before I wish that I didn't. It's the first time that I regret reading spoilers. I usually love them. But it's not so much who gets killed as who does the killing. Though with recent events it makes more sense then it did when I first read the spoilers. It will be interesting to see what they do with it.

As I was watching last night I realized that while I really loved Richard and Lily last season I just don't know about them this season. It seems more and more like Lily is all about Isabel and Richard is kind of an afterthought.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
                Maybe... but if we're talking about a direct confrontation between Maia, and Isabel... Maia would loose. Big time. Maia may be the only other child, but she hasn't demonstrated near the capability of Isabel has, and that was while she was just in her womb. I don't think Isabel is bad, I think she mey very well be (as suggested by someone else) reflecting Lily's own fears and wants. She wanted berries? Voila. She wanted her money back? Voila. She wanted those men trying to kill her to be gone? Voila. She's still a baby dependant upon her parents... and just because she's born now, doesn't mean that her connection with Lily is severed. I think Lily has as much to do with what has happened so far as Isabel. When Isabel begins developing her own higher brain functions, I think then the connection will at least be lessoned. Because then, her own desires and thoughts would be interfereing with Lily's. Lets not make Isabel a devil yet... as powerful as she is, I'm not so sure she's responsible. **Looks over at Lily again...** ...not that she's bad either... just scared.
                I just had a crazy thought. What if Isabel isn't making all these things happen at all? What if it's actually her mother doing it all, except not realizing it. What if Isabel's only power is her connection to her mother?

If you think about it, everything fits... I mean, right?

Of course, the "Isabel is the fully-evolved human" thing would be untrue then, but...

Well, it's just a thought. It would be just the kind of odd twist that I could dig from this show.

Comment

Originally posted by Vapor
                  I just had a crazy thought. What if Isabel isn't making all these things happen at all? What if it's actually her mother doing it all, except not realizing it. What if Isabel's only power is her connection to her mother?

If you think about it, everything fits... I mean, right?

Of course, the "Isabel is the fully-evolved human" thing would be untrue then, but...

Well, it's just a thought. It would be just the kind of odd twist that I could dig from this show.
                  I thought about that too! I have missed a couple of episodes so i had no idea what powers Richard or Lily's power, but have they showed that?!
                  Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I basically said the same thing earlier in this thread...I think it's a definite possibility.

Comment

Was anyone else really sad that there was no new episode last sunday?

Makes me even more anxious for this coming sunday!

I'm practically in withdrawal, waiting for both SGs and BSG for another week.

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
                        Was anyone else really sad that there was no new episode last sunday?

Makes me even more anxious for this coming sunday!

I'm practically in withdrawal, waiting for both SGs and BSG for another week.
                        Well... it would be a bit much to say 'sad'... but it did make for a boring weekend for me personally. Oh, well. It being the Independence Day weekend, it was bound to happen. It just makes me more excited about this weekend. I'm REALLY psyched for this weekend...! The return of Sci-Fi Friday (nervous jitters), and a new episode of the 4400... almost enough to O.D. (overdose, for those who don't know... ) on excited energy... For the last few days, I've been so giddy (yes, giddy) about Stargate coming back (both of them) I've been telling total strangers... Stargate is coming back..! (As though I could alone raise the ratings any higher... ) July 15, will indeed be big day for me personally. It makes it all the more sweeter, that due to recent work scheduling changes I will actually be off on Friday nights to enjoy it..! (I was working on Friday nights, forcing me to have to Tivo the shows before I could watch them the next day.) Now I can watch them without having to worry about getting enough sleep before work. Yippee!!!

The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                        Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                        My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                        Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Hmmm... very, very interesting episode last night.

I'm beginning to worry about Isabel. What possible threat could her older sister have represented??? Jealousy? Was she afraid that somehow Heidi's appearance would somehow lessen her mother's love for her?? If that was the case, I think she might have succeeded in doing that on her own. Now Lily really is scared of what Isabel might do to people, just as Richard has been. That was deeply disturbing.

I'm glad for Maia's sake, that her aunt is so accepting of her abilities. I think it helps Maia realize that not everyone is going to be mean. I think of course, she's had to grow up a little faster because of being forced to deal with her ability and its consequences. Poor kid.

Then there is Kyle...!!! What a shocker...!!! I'm actually quite confused about that. We assume that Kyle was acting as an agent of the future, so we have to assume that they wanted Collier assasinated for some reason. However, given that his body was missing from a room with only one entrance in or out, did the future-folk take him? Collier said, just before he died, that Isabel had lied to him... but I'm not so sure she did, neccessarily. She seemed upset about him getting shot. Perhaps the future folk, actually have plans for Collier, and plan to send him back at some point. They managed to save Kyle's life, so there is no reason to assume they can't do the same for Collier. Isabel's vision to him, showed him apparently reaching "7th key" meaning he would obtain some sort of ability. Perhaps that is why the future folk took him, to change him further.

Or not. It's just that I find it very confusing that the future-folk would kill Collier and then take his body. It seems contradictory, unless as I said, they have further plans for him. Maybe his death was meant to be some further turning point for him, and as I said, they intend to return him. I just don't know. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I think that Collier really was convinced that he was doing the right thing. At first, I thought maybe he was just trying to exploit all the 4400's, but maybe he really did believe that he had some higher purpose. In any case... I don't think we've seen the last of Jordan Collier.

It will be interesting to see how Shawn takes over the reigns of the 4400 center. He's committed... that's for sure. It was interesting to see him and his Uncle Tom make up, somewhat. I wonder where this thing with that homeless girl is going to play out. She certainly looked better the last scene we saw her... but I couldn't help but think she seemed a little sad somehow concerning Shawn. And Shawn didn't seem too happy in his closing shot either. I suppose he's got to have a lot of stress on him, trying to take over for Collier. Oh well... it was what Collier was grooming him for. Lets see what he does with it.

I really think that either Danny or Kyle's professor (played by the beautiful [and taken... , by Shanks. ] Lexa Doig) ought to tell Kyle's dad about what is going on. I guess they don't want to betray him... but if I were them, I'd be more concerned about Kyle's safety and that of others more. (He's already just killed someone...!!! Even if no one else knows it.)

The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                          Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

The future ones might've needed the 4400 center started, but Collier would've turned power mad. So in the beginning he was needed due to his money and contacts, but now he would start to do more bad then good. So Isabel fooled him and "Kyle" killed him. No proof since future boy and baby girl can't exactly tell it to anyone

Maybe Collier ascended of some sort, maybe that was his power, so Isabel wasn't lieing to him. Only by getting killed would his power reveal itself. Might've been why Isabel injured him in the first place, and Shawn wasn't meant to keep healing him.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                              The future ones might've needed the 4400 center started, but Collier would've turned power mad. So in the beginning he was needed due to his money and contacts, but now he would start to do more bad then good. So Isabel fooled him and "Kyle" killed him. No proof since future boy and baby girl can't exactly tell it to anyone

Maybe Collier ascended of some sort, maybe that was his power, so Isabel wasn't lieing to him. Only by getting killed would his power reveal itself. Might've been why Isabel injured him in the first place, and Shawn wasn't meant to keep healing him.
                              Um... ...Um... ...Um... ...Nevermind.

Sorry... but I can't quite agree with that. Not completely. (especially the second paragraph)
                              Spoiler:

Comment

It was a great episode. I really wasn't expecting Collier to die.

Maybe Isabel is evil... what else could she be? It's quite a mystery why anyone would send a baby back to kill and hurt so many people, and one who's so devious.

I'd be a little annoyed if they brought collier back all hale and hearty. For his body to be available for viewing it needed to be embalmed didn't it? And I'm sure it was autopsied so there is no doubt he's very dead.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Working...
                                X