No announcement yet.

"The 4400" Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's some season 5 books coming out next autumn I believe. It's not a miniseries or anything but at least it's a continuation of the story. (I really wanted to see where the show went at the end of S4. )

EDIT: Yeah, there's yer dinner.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
      There's some season 5 books coming out next autumn I believe. It's not a miniseries or anything but at least it's a continuation of the story. (I really wanted to see where the show went at the end of S4. )

EDIT: Yeah, there's yer dinner.
      Hmmm, I'll have to check out those books when they come out.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i really enjoyed it, i just wish that they had wrapped up some loose ends first ya know!!
        Somewhere weakness is our strength,
        And I'll die searching for it.

Comment

I loved the 4000!!! Unfortunately I didn't even know it existed until it had been cancelled and I saw commercials for the final episodes. I liked those episodes so i started watching from the begining and it was awesome. It had great stories and I liked the short seasons, maybe a couple episodes longer would have been better. I think if it wasn't a B-Series, it would have done alot better. It did seem really low budget at times, and with proper funding and advertising it would have beat Heroes.

I was at the bookstore a couple days ago and saw some 4400 books when I was getting the Stargate ones.

Comment

Has anyone heard about the convention Wolf Events are running? It's for Eureka/The 4400 in London at the end of March. Unfortunately not many people have bought tickets so only Joel Gretsch (and Colin Ferguson from Eureka) have been booked, but if anyone's interested the link is in my sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilandra View Post
              i really enjoyed it, i just wish that they had wrapped up some loose ends first ya know!!
              That certainly would have been nice. A show that ended a season too soon IMO.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Lilandra View Post
                Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                That certainly would have been nice. A show that ended a season too soon IMO.
                Definitely!! Damn writers strike

Anyhoo... just started a re-watch of the series from the start. I bought myself the full box set as a belated Christmas present!! It's funny how much I remember, but also how much I forgot. Like Kyle not being Kyle at the start... kind of a big deal in a lot of ways!! Dur, silly me!!

sigpic

Comment

Yep this series ended way to soon. It just needed one other season to complete its story.

They just took over the entire city, the country is next then the world.

Okay so they really two more seasons.

I wish networks would have some vision sometime and this was easily one of the most underrated tv programs of all times. Even Hero stole ideas from 4400 .

Comment

question ....i've been thinking of watching this series

how was it ??
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post

how was it ??
                      i liked it. more intelligent than heroes, and never tried to weave in any of that comic book lore that just came across as clichéd in heroes. and there are quite a good few guests you will recognise from other shows.
                      Spoiler:
                      Disclaimer:
                      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                      Quotes!
                      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                      sigpic

Comment

how was it ??
                        It was an excellent show. Well worth the time to watch from beginning to end.
                        sigpic

Comment

It had a sense of drama and peril that few shows get right. As mentioned, the guest actors are pretty good, Billy Campbell and Garret Dillahunt standing out IMO.

Plus, it's short. There's not a bad season.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

how was it ??
                            Brilliant series well worth watching. And easily my top ten scifi show cancel before there time.

It could of been an epic final season if it was written

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                              Brilliant series well worth watching. And easily my top ten scifi show cancel before there time.

It could of been an epic final season if it was written
                              ^ ^ Well said! ITA

sigpic

Comment

"adds to netflix"

thank you everyone
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X