No announcement yet.

"The 4400" Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, Megan has grown on my considerably. I really didn't like her at all when she first got with Tom. Now though, you can tell she really cares for him. At least IMO.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
      hey i just thought about this, Jordan could have de-promicined seans brother
      Spoiler:
      I was hoping Jordan might do the same for Isabelle, though I suppose that'd depend on the killswitch, what it was, if it was linked to her powers - if not then it'd not have helped her.

To be quite honest I was expecting one of the two to live - if only Shawn and Danny had had faith and kept on healing him until the next day.

More generally, my thoughts on the finale and how this season has gone.
      Spoiler:

Apart from the deaths that felt unecessary, I really enjoyed the finale. Got so many questions (and w00t for Ira popping up in one shot ). What's the population of Seattle? If 9000 are confirmed dead, I was just curious what % of the city might have been infected - and like the Baldwin family, if other characters have lost quite a bit of family. I know that they'd probably not go into it for the other agents since it'd not mean as much than using Tom, Shawn and Kyle's loss. I'm more curious for fannish reasons, since it's fanon of Marco having a fairly large family some of which is in Seattle.

I was a bit peeved we never saw any grieving relating to Isabelle in the finale. I would've imagined Kyle'd be pretty cut up and poor Richard, hope we see him back next season and how this affects him.

Tom and the shot, we don't actually know he'll survive do we? I can't decide if Cassie is evil or not. I've been thinking what if Kyle's power is much like the intended one he didn't get fully originally, and if so, she could be one of the future people communicating through his channel to the past. I don't really trust her. Plus I keep wondering if Alana in the past was ever involved in the White Light cult...

I'm not sure what to think of Meghan. I don't really like how they used the character. I'm still peeved they got rid of Nina and what for? So they could have some more eyecandy around who'd have a casual and extremely unprofessional fling with tom, whose meant to be still pining over Alana. Just didn't like that and I don't think they used Meghan well outside of being the love interest either. I can only hope they do something more interesting next season, now she has an ability. :/

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
      Spoiler:
      Was anyone else freaked out a little with the way Maya said "We're in charge now" .

I really, really hope this show gets picked up for another season. I am not ready to let go.
      Spoiler:
      I think what's most disturbing about Maia saying that is she we but Diana isn't one of them and it feels like she's slowly been alienated from her mom because of it - April has powers, now so does Marco, Tom might soon have even. It's like Diana is the most important person in her life technically but is distanced by this vital difference. Makes me wonder if Diana will ask Kevin to continue with his safe promicin treatment. I doubt it but I think with everyone around her manifesting abilities, and the possibility of their own government turning against the people she cares for, that she might well be tempted at least.

Comment

hey you guys, just watched the season 2 finale for the first time and i've got to say...

OH MY GOD how awesome. now all the 4400 have the promicin, i'm hoping we see a lot more powers coming out in S3.. right? i'd be annoyed if that wasn't the case, ecause we saw R.Tyler use telekinesis before the end of the show, and now collier as back!! where has he been, i assume the future took hime and bought him back to life, thats obvious, but why does he look like robinson cruesoe with the torn clothes and stuff!!
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

Season three is bad, I don't remember the season 2 finale.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin View Post
            More generally, my thoughts on the finale and how this season has gone.
            Spoiler:

Apart from the deaths that felt unecessary, I really enjoyed the finale. Got so many questions (and w00t for Ira popping up in one shot ). What's the population of Seattle? If 9000 are confirmed dead, I was just curious what % of the city might have been infected - and like the Baldwin family, if other characters have lost quite a bit of family. I know that they'd probably not go into it for the other agents since it'd not mean as much than using Tom, Shawn and Kyle's loss. I'm more curious for fannish reasons, since it's fanon of Marco having a fairly large family some of which is in Seattle.

I was a bit peeved we never saw any grieving relating to Isabelle in the finale. I would've imagined Kyle'd be pretty cut up and poor Richard, hope we see him back next season and how this affects him.
            :/
            Spoiler:
            It looks like Seattle's population is not quite 600,000--the greater metropolitan area is just under 4 million. Not sure how that translates percentage-wise....

And I have to agree, it would have been nice to see some grieving for Isabelle. It seems like things were stacked against her from the very beginning.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
              Season three is bad, I don't remember the season 2 finale.
              what's bad about it?
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
              Quotes!
              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                what's bad about it?
                It's a matter of personal taste.

I liked it just fine.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
                  It's a matter of personal taste.

I liked it just fine.
                  good because i have ordered it, and didn't want to be disappointed
                  Spoiler:
                  Disclaimer:
                  Quotes!
                  sigpic

Comment

It's a disappointment for sure. I don't think there are many who will say that it isn't the worst season.

It's just slow and boring. They needed Jordon back and he wasn't until the end. The terrorist thing was lame, and Isebelle was lame, the whole season came out as a lame waste of time waiting to get the atcor that plays Jordon to come back from his boat trip.

And to make it worse, most of the 4th seaosn tries to forget most of the third season rather quickly.

Comment

is isabelle the villian in season 3, because if she is i totally saw that coming.
                      and why isn't collier back till the end, he reappeared at the end of season 2!

and terrorists? hasnt that been done about 3 times in the first 2 seasons already?
                      Spoiler:
                      Disclaimer:
                      Quotes!
                      sigpic

Comment

is isabelle the villian in season 3, because if she is i totally saw that coming.
                        and why isn't collier back till the end, he reappeared at the end of season 2!

and terrorists? hasnt that been done about 3 times in the first 2 seasons already?

Yes.

He's "dead" but really the guy went on an 18 month vacation on a boat, it's rather famous boat trip.

Yeah, it's stupid. I'm telling you there are very few storylines you need to remember, most of them are trash that even the writers want to forget. If you were only renting the show I would only rent the last disc, that should have the 3ish good episodes from the season.

Comment

IMO, Season 3 wasn't that bad really. I will admit though, it is no where near my favorite season.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            IMO, Season 3 wasn't that bad really. I will admit though, it is no where near my favorite season.
                            That I agree with. It is perhaps the weakest of the four seasons but I think the seasons have been pretty good so it's really only weak by comparison. It just had more ups and downs and didn't live up to the hype of the promises made in season 2.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

is season 4 much better then? i don't have the appropriate channels, i don't even know if it's airing in the UK yet to be honest
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              Quotes!
                              sigpic

Comment

is season 4 much better then? i don't have the appropriate channels, i don't even know if it's airing in the UK yet to be honest

The first few episodes are really good, probably up to episode 6ish, then it's ehh a lot of the time, until they really really REALLY rushed the ending.

I think season 2 is still the best, then 4, then 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X