Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, Torley, I really like the titles of these two threads. Very clever!
    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
    once done, cannot be undone...
    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Now see, you've just re-traumatised me over the Quantum Leap fiasco!
      Has to rate as my second fav series of all time - after Stargate of course, and even then its a close call, mostly cos QL ended, what, a decade ago, AND I'm still bitter about the end! Goes to show what long memories sci fi fans have!
      I just think its a shoddy way to treat fans who have been behind a series for years to end it in such a depressing way. (PTB take note!). Still makes me sob like a little girl when I see that ep with Beth, and the finale is just as bad!

OK, totally OT here, seeing as I think QL was a show that should have and DID...

BUT, I think Enterprise fits into this thread. Maybe. Despite my devotion to Scott Bakula (yum!), and being a trekker in general, I just can't seem to stick with this series. I try, and try, but just haven't really enjoyed any of the eps. I don't know why. I think maybe it has to do with cast chemistry, I just don't get that from the Ent cast.
      JMHO!
      (I'm sure there are lots of people who'll disagree with me, *shrug*, to each their own...)

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
        BTW, Torley, I really like the titles of these two threads. Very clever!
        Ehe Anthro Girl, thanks but I cannot accept that credit... credit for that goes to Thoth

(not Thorley hee hee)

Thinking of trains makes me think of Blaine the Mono.
        Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
        more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
          Ehe Anthro Girl, thanks but I cannot accept that credit... credit for that goes to Thoth

(not Thorley hee hee)
          Er...um...yeah...I knew that! <scratch head>

Thanks Thoth!
          Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
          O'Neill: Who doesn't?
          - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
          - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
          once done, cannot be undone...
          brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

A few points

a) Season 4 of Farscape was good. Not better then season 3 but come on! Some of my favourite episodes are in season 4. How can you NOT love John with a bomb strapped to his chest dancing on a table in a PK-Scarren conference?

b) The only way you can possibly enjoy lexx is if your on some kind of drug or heavy medication...SERIOUSLY!

c) The finale to Quantum Leap was one of the best endings to a sci-fi show ever. Come on! He had been choosen by god to help people and his work wasnt finished! I cant believe you would feel better if Sam was at home in a recliner sipping a beer then changing peoples lives for the better one day at a time. He wants to do this, he knows it is his destiny! His purpose! If only we could be so lucky as to have one so clear!

Comment

I'm glad that you liked the Quantam Leap finale. No matter how many times I watch it though it still bugs me to no end. It's like nails on a chalkboard. I mean the whole premise of the show was about him trying to get home. I waited for years to see him finally make it. And did he? No. Aaaarrrghh!

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Thanks for the responses, as always.
                Mmmm, so much to get through. (I like to give a personal response to all posts in my threads that I fell strongly about. I know it's not necessary but I like doing it).

Thanks very much Anthro Girl, I do my best. (Note that I fell very strongly for praise coming my way )

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                Tripping the Rift will stay on the air as long as there are teenage boys. I mean South Park has been on forever. Although, I have to say, that I actually enjoy South Park. It's rude, gross and politically incorrect but the funny thing is that there is usually a meaningful social commentary buried under all of the fart jokes which makes it even funnier to me.
                Couldn't agree more, the most idiotic shows around are made for teenage males. And Im one of them, I know. We're highly charged, sexually deprived guys who need something to enjoy. And so shows like South Park, Jackass and others are created for us. Ill note some of the worse: Jackass, Dirty Sanchez, what else, oh...MTV in general!

BTW, the correct term for us is teenage males as we are neither men nor boys.

KorbenDirewolf, Im not gonna be a hypocrit and start arguing about this, although I am tempted, but I LOVE Charmed! So there!

As for Enterprise, I think that it's main weakness is the lack of the Federation, the feeling of unity of it in TNG and its ideals prevailing even in stressful situations in Voyager.

Ah...good old Quantum Leap. I can remember it, which is funny as I think it's stated here that it ended 10 years ago and I don't think BBC would have shown re-runs of it back then and I don't think that I'd be able to rememeber it so vividly if I was only 5 at the time. I liked it. I saw it recently and almost had a heart-attack as I saw 1. the terrible graphics and 2. your man from Enterprise on it.

EDITED to change Hard-attack to Heart-attack. Guess what it sounded like for me, a teenage male!!!
                Last edited by Thoth; 06 August 2004, 09:31 AM.
                Godspeed, Don.

Comment

Whenever I've caught bits of Farscape, it's always hit the wrong notes for me - so I'm surprised their fandom is as big as SGs.
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

[QUOTE=ShadowMaat]Ohhh, I dunno.... yeah, they're pretty bad story-wise, but if it hadn't been for Boa vs. Python I might never have realized the true buffness of David Hewlett. [QUOTE]

You never can tell what wonderful things you'll learn from such fare that SCI-FI dishes up
                    nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

There's also SeaQuest 2032, after they wrote the cast of SeaQuest DSV into a corner, made it seem most of them were dead and cancelled that show. Only to come back later with several years having passed and most everyone ending up back on Earth with no memory of how they got there or where they'd been.
                      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Couldn't agree more, the most idiotic shows around are made for teenage males. And Im one of them, I know. We're highly charged, sexually deprived guys who need something to enjoy. And so shows like South Park, Jackass and others are created for us.
                        South Park is a show unto its own. It fits the genre of over hyperbolizing everything until it becomes funny.

Comment

Working...
                        X