No announcement yet.

Ghost Hunters Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Kids! I finally got that picture, and here it is!

Spoiler:
    Before you met me I was a fairy princess
    I caught frogs and called them prince
    And made myself a queen
    Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
    I slept in castles and fell in love
    Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
    To capture tinkerbell
    They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
    But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
    And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
    And anything I can to get by
    And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

So glad to find this thread again! I missed so much...

Otera, love the pic of you guys with Dustin and Tango! How lucky!! I really wanted to go to Dragon Con but I didn't make it (still recovering from my accident ), and I heard that Jay, Grant and Steve I think were supposed to be there.

I've often thought about making a drive to RI (I live on Long Island in NY) and checking out the TAPS office. I've heard people have made pilgrimages there and some were lucky enough to meet some of the guys. Even if I didn't see any of them it would be kinda neat to just go past it... in a geeky sort of way I guess.

I wonder when the next batch of new shows are going to air. I heard they'll be doing another live Halloween investigation again. I tried to watch and record as much of the last one as I could, but I couldn't stay awake the whole time. I wasn't crazy about the wrestler they had on either but I guess it was supposed to draw in more viewers.

Comment

I know what you mean. I didn't end up watching it because a bunch of people showed up and told me I was going trick-or-treating ("we've only got two years left! you're doing it!") I ended up in camo and a black tee... my improptu military/SGC costume.... *shrug*
        Spoiler:
        Before you met me I was a fairy princess
        I caught frogs and called them prince
        And made myself a queen
        Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
        I slept in castles and fell in love
        Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
        To capture tinkerbell
        They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
        But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
        And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
        And anything I can to get by
        And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

New episodes start September 26, I believe.

And I'm jealous you got to meet Dustin and Tango! Jason and Grant are coming to do a talk at a community college near me in the beginning of October - I got tickets the day they went on sale! If we get to take pictures I'll be sure to post 'em.

So did anyone on the thread see them at DragonCon?

Comment

Cool, that's not *too* far away.

Oh wow, I hope you have a blast and get some nice pics They don't seem to visit too close to where I live. I think it would be cool if they made a visit down to the Fire Island Lighthouse not too far from here... I've read that it's reputed to be haunted. I've visited it a few times myself and never felt/seen/heard anything, but still would be cool...

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
              Oh wow, I hope you have a blast and get some nice pics They don't seem to visit too close to where I live....
              Bit suprised to find them out by me, actually. The event is in a random Chicago suburb... figured if they ever made it out to our area, they'd be speaking downtown. Oh well, I'm not complaining!

Comment

My sister and I saw them at Dragon Con this weekend. J, Grant, Steve and Dave were there. I got a free autograph from all four and my sister got a pic with J and Grant. They were super nice. They had three or four discussion panels scheduled but missed the first one due to plane trouble.

Dave was really impressed that I scapbook. His words were : "That's so cool!"

I had only just started watching the show before we went. Since meeting them I will now be a full time Ghost Hunter watcher.

Comment

Oh wow, how lucky you got to meet them! I wish I'd been able to make that con...

I've heard how nice they are, though. Did you get any pics? I've been looking for pics of them at Dragon Con but haven't found any.

Comment

I took a pic of my sister with Grant and J but I don't know how to post it. The ones I took at their discussion panel came out so dark you'd need a ghost hunter to find them in it.

They gave their autographs for free but my sister bought 2 TAP t-shirts from them for her kids that they all signed for $20 each.

I've been checking out other people's con pics that they are posting so if I find any with the Ghost Hunters in them, I'll let you know.

Comment

Cool, thanks!

Comment

If you go to www.flickr.com and type ghost hunters in the search box it will pull up some photos of the panels the guys did and also with their fans at the autograph tables.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up! Found some pretty cool pics there

Comment

So is anyone watching the new season? Can't get over Jason with the goatee and earing!

Comment

Yeah, I'm watching the new season, missed about half of last week's episode, though. I kinda moved to a new time zone, it's still messing with me.

Comment

I'm watching! And I agree about the goatee and earring... when I first saw that he almost reminded me of Bluto from the old Popeye cartoons, LOL...

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's ep! I also heard that they're doing another live Halloween investigation, this time at Waverly Hills sanatorium. Should be cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X