Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea about most of the shows y'all are mentioning. I don't watch enough TV. I should consider this a good thing, no?

I think I agree with the original poster that the problem with these shows may actually be the advertising budget. I often wonder if part of the reason behind the massive Atlantis blitz had to do with the fact that SciFi is now owned by NBC & Co.
    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
    once done, cannot be undone...
    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

When did SciFi get bought out?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

SciFi was/is part of Vivendi, which was purchased by NBC last year and then merged with Universal this year. Hence, SciFi is now owned by NBC Universal...all of which is owned by General Electric. Now I have a headache...

http://www.nbc-universal.com/About_N...l/In_the_News/
        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
        once done, cannot be undone...
        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
          Jake 2.0
          Has Jake 2.0 been cancelled. I thought it was pretty good, although the pilot ep was a bit shoddy and it was a bit corny from time to time. But overall, Id like to see it again. Are you sure it's been cancelled. God that guy that played Jake just cant hold down a job, can he? First O5, now J 2.0. Pity.

Pheeww! I thought that this thread wasnt gonna have any responses (sp?) cos it isnt exactly the normal kind of thread we get here, is it?

I was thinking of doing this one but I wasnt sure what the response was gonna be if I did. I'll give it a go now anyway. Ill understand if you dont want to answer this one, cos it may just cause some fights...
          Shows which continued on, after their 1st season, but really shouldn' have, in your opinion.
          And again, Ill stress that Ill understand if you dont to answer that one.

My answer to that question would have to be Mutant X. I didnt like that show from day one, it was corny, a blatent copy of good old X-Men and had about a hundred other things wrong with it which I wont go into. Well, actually, I will.
          It was far too passionate, whenever a bad guy kissed one of his little sex slaves it was like a revelation in love. They used to almost eat eachother, they were kissing so intensely.
          I can remember in one episode, Shalamar (sp?) managed to have sex, with her pants on. A bad guy came bursting in and she stood up, with pants on. The only conclusion I can get is that they werent having sex, but she sure was sweaty and tired, what else could she be doing to make her like that with her pants on? I know the obvious other answer, but, with her pants on?
          Anyway, I cant remember the many other things that were terrible with it. But dont you worry theyll come to me.
          Now I realise that many people arent gonna like what I just said and I think it may be against the forum rules (is there something in there about show bashing. It might just be actor bashing). But Id prefer not to get into an fight about it and even if you do start attacking me and my ideas, Ill just ignore you so dont bother. But please, state your views on the matter, try to make a case for MX, if you can, which I doubt. And of course, critisise other programs, if you want.
          Godspeed, Don.

Comment

It might be a good idea to start a separate topic for that one so that we don't get confused as to which category is being discussed.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              It might be a good idea to start a separate topic for that one so that we don't get confused as to which category is being discussed.
              is it worth it tho, no one might respond.

Im scared Im walking on some very thin ice here.
              Godspeed, Don.

Comment

sure I may as well do it. look out for 'The Little Engine That Shouln't Have, But Managed...From the makers of The Little Engine That Could, But Didn't'
                Godspeed, Don.

Comment

BTW, Im sure that you'll be able to find the thread anyway, but I just thought Id say that 'The Little Engine That Shouldn't Have, But Managed...From the makers of 'The Little Engine That Could, But Didn't'' didnt fit as the thread title, so its now just 'The Little Engine That Shouldn't Have, But Managed'.
                  Godspeed, Don.

Comment

The Visitor was okay. Haven't seen much of the others that were mentioned.

American Gothic was a weird one.
                    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I'll have to give a nod for Sliders: started out with an excellent premise and similarly excellent execution. The united cast was strong, but as the years went on, the show sank. I still watched it because I was such a completist but feel I wasted my time. I knew it had REALLY stunk when John Rhys-Davies left -- the chemistry between him as Professor Arturo and Quinn TOTALLY made the show, and how they'd argue about scientific stuff and come up with various wisecracks and oneliners. I liked Cryin' Man Rembrandt (he stayed until the end) and Wade, but after that . . . ugh. I guess Quinn's bro was okay, but that whole messed-up development with Diana (yuck) and Mallory (yuckier yuck) and how they turned it more into a parody-of-the-week really downed it for me.

*sighs*
                      Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                      more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Not sure if Sliders really fits in this thread.. It did manage to run for 3 seasons on FOX and then 2 more on SciFi. But otherwise I agree with most of what you say about it. Never really watched it much after it became The Kromag War.
                        The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
                          Not sure if Sliders really fits in this thread.. It did manage to run for 3 seasons on FOX and then 2 more on SciFi. But otherwise I agree with most of what you say about it. Never really watched it much after it became The Kromag War.
                          Don't worry about it, everything fits this thread!
                          Godspeed, Don.

Comment

Working...
                          X