that is an awesome video!
    Indeed it is. Great to watch.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I saw the newest movie and want to know who I can talk to about getting my precious time back.

The cheesy 80's and 90's batman movies were better than these pandering new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
        I saw the newest movie and want to know who I can talk to about getting my precious time back.

The cheesy 80's and 90's batman movies were better than these pandering new ones.
        i had a similar reaction when i saw that overrated garbage The Avengers. that movie solidified to me that Joss Whedon is very very very overrated. yep, i get heaps of hate for it but i'm calling it as i see it.

back on topic, shame you didn't like the movie escyos, different strokes i guess. personally those burton and schumacher batman films are a guilty pleasure of mine. i liked the nolan stuff a lot though.

those who don't fall, never stand up

Comment

Seriously? I just watched them again and I was laughing the whole time. Whether it was the costumes, makeup, or villains, none of them compare.
          sigpic

Comment

Never more appropriate:

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I haven't seen the latest one, but I've heard some of the right-wing/corporate rhetoric is nauseating.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                I haven't seen the latest one, but I've heard some of the right-wing/corporate rhetoric is nauseating.
                Oh yeah...the right wingers say that movie puts Romney in a bad light and that Bane was an intended jab at his off shore money dealings...

Its stupid.
                sigpic

Comment

I honestly don't know why people go to the movies and make such a big deal about apparent political ideologies present in the films. I find it ruins movies severely when people attempt to say "this says _______, so it's horrible/great!" People did it with the Hunger Games (which I still haven't seen), and now people are doing it with this movie.

And there are actually elements from both "sides", if you want to call it that, now that I think about it. If you haven't seen it I won't divulge, but there are scenes that would make left wing people cheer their hearts out, as well scenes for right wing people. But for crap's sake, it's a damn movie.

(I'm saying this in general, not at you Kek, because this has been bothering me) Get over your feelings about certain topics and enjoy. If you can't, sucks for you.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                    I honestly don't know why people go to the movies and make such a big deal about apparent political ideologies present in the films. I find it ruins movies severely when people attempt to say "this says _______, so it's horrible/great!" People did it with the Hunger Games (which I still haven't seen), and now people are doing it with this movie.

And there are actually elements from both "sides", if you want to call it that, now that I think about it. If you haven't seen it I won't divulge, but there are scenes that would make left wing people cheer their hearts out, as well scenes for right wing people. But for crap's sake, it's a damn movie.

(I'm saying this in general, not at you Kek, because this has been bothering me) Get over your feelings about certain topics and enjoy. If you can't, sucks for you.
                    GC...they started this crap before the movie was even in the theater...
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm aware. I don't agree with that view at all. But there were a lot of left wing AND right wing views in the movie, both of which made me roll my eyes each time. It's election year, so of course people are going to stir the pot. People were saying last months ago when the teasers were coming out that Catwoman's little speech at the ball was very Occupy-ish.

I just wish people would just enjoy the movies. Life is too short to make everything political.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                        I'm aware. I don't agree with that view at all. But there were a lot of left wing AND right wing views in the movie, both of which made me roll my eyes each time. It's election year, so of course people are going to stir the pot. People were saying last months ago when the teasers were coming out that Catwoman's little speech at the ball was very Occupy-ish.

I just wish people would just enjoy the movies. Life is too short to make everything political.
                        Amen to that.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

http://screenrant.com/iron-man-batma...nfographics/2/
                          If anyones interested, the estimated costs of Iron Man and Batmans suits and gadgets.

Comment

A decent flick and not a bad way to while away 3 hours. But I don't feel any great love for it.

Didn't like Bane... Couldn't take that voice seriously. Didn't like how Alfred was written in this (awful) and really hated the way the exposition was incorporated in this film. The dialogue dumps felt hackneyed.
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Personally, I thought Bane was great. Way better than I ever thought he would be portrayed. He was a little hard to understand at times though. I can't wait to watch it someday with subtitles on.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

it may be because i'm from australia, it may be because i don't care about politics, it may be that i am a massive batman fan and was loving the various story elements Nolan incorporated from the comics or the fact i just really enjoyed the movie for what it was, a movie that i payed little to no attention to any of the left wing right wing stuff (placed there intended or not) and won't on my next viewing which is in 3 days.

i love this movie!

those who don't fall, never stand up

Comment

Working...
                                X