The Batman Begins Series of Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
    The only problem with using Catwoman is that Halle Berry movie. I think the Penguin could/should be in the running for the next villain.
    Catwoman was supposed to be a spin-off of the Batman Returns, part of Tim Burton's Batman universe. A new Catwoman can be introduced in Nolan's universe. Although I would much rather have The Riddler and another baddie....

Comment

Riddler could be interesting, especially if he's fashioned as a brutal murderer with a penchant for mysteries. The green-suited thing worked well for the animated series, but I don't think it will in the Nolan-verse.

I'd kind of like to see Harvey come back too, to be honest. He's a really important part of the Batman mythos to be abandoned after just one film. They could even play off the funeral speech as pretending he's dead for the common good, while he's really locked up in Arkham.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Indeed! I can't believe Harvey is dead, it doesn't seem possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          Indeed! I can't believe Harvey is dead, it doesn't seem possible.
          Maybe things were not as they seemed.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Mr. Freeze would be great but they kind of ripped off his motivation with Two-Face. Nolan never should have created the crappy Rachel Dawes character. They should have had Talia al Ghul instead. Heck, Andrea Beaumont would have been great too. Harvey should have had repressed dark side that became his second personality after his accident just like in the Animated Series.

But what's done is done. For the next movie, it would be cool if they had Talia al Ghul and the Riddler. Black Mask and the Penguin would be good too. If they have Joker back, they should definitely have Harley Quinn. Rachel Weisz would be great as Talia. Adrien Brody would be great as Riddler, Crispin Glover would be good too. Michael Ironside should be Black Mask. Bob Hoskins can play the Penguin, so can Philip Seymour Hoffman. Summer Glau would make an awesome Harley Quinn.

Comment

Harley could be interesting. I know my curiosity was piqued by those fake fan-made posters from a while back.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Mr. Freeze would be great but they kind of ripped off his motivation with Two-Face
                I seriously doubt Mr. Freeze is a likely villain. I'm pretty sure he was originally created for the 1960s TV Show, so that gives him a bit of a campy feel, also there is that Arnold Schwarzenegger version...

Riddler could be interesting, especially if he's fashioned as a brutal murderer with a penchant for mysteries. The green-suited thing worked well for the animated series, but I don't think it will in the Nolan-verse.
                Riddler could be cool as a serial killer or something but with the focus on the Mafia in the Nolanverse it would be difficult to see how he would be that much different than the Joker.

The reason I'm standing by Penguin is because he is like the anti-Bruce Wayne. Like Bruce, Chester Coblepot is from old money, but instead of fighting the mob he decided to make himself the "first gentleman" of crime. I could see Penguin styling himself as a "man of the people," but in reality he runs a mafia front. This could create a study of contrasts, the man who does good but has to take on the role of being bad (Batman) and the man who does evil but presents himself as being good (Penguin).

Comment

Riddler could be cool as a serial killer or something but with the focus on the Mafia in the Nolanverse it would be difficult to see how he would be that much different than the Joker.
                  That's not just the Nolanverse though, Batman has always fought against organized crime. The Falcone family, the Meroni family, all that is lifted straight from the comic books. Heck, the Falcone family is the centerpiece of the entire Long Halloween story.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Harley could be interesting. I know my curiosity was piqued by those fake fan-made posters from a while back.
                    The problem is that they can only have Harley if they bring back the Joker.

I seriously doubt Mr. Freeze is a likely villain. I'm pretty sure he was originally created for the 1960s TV Show, so that gives him a bit of a campy feel, also there is that Arnold Schwarzenegger version..
                    Have you ever seen "Heart of Ice" from Batman: The Animated Series? A lot of stuff from the animated series have made it into Batman canon. In fact, the Nolan movies are pretty heavily influenced by the animated series.

Comment

Mr. Freeze was a Bob Kane creation in 1959, first appearing in the comics--7 years before the Adam West TV series even premiered.

Comment

It would be cool to see Liam Nesson as Ra's al Ghul again(in the comics he is resurrected).

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                          It would be cool to see Liam Nesson as Ra's al Ghul again(in the comics he is resurrected).
                          He did make a great bad guy, but I just don't see them going back to him in this next movie.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I don't either, though he raises a good point. Although I don't think Lazarus Pools are really conducive to the Nolanverse.

I gotta say though, the Nolanverse makes me really want to see a good quality new live-action series. No camp, just "hard" drama. I'd love to see a twisted murderous Joker pursued for a season, then spend a season in Arkham as a recurring role, slowly twisting the mind of his therapist Dr. Harleen Quinzel. And so on....

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              I don't either, though he raises a good point. Although I don't think Lazarus Pools are really conducive to the Nolanverse.

I gotta say though, the Nolanverse makes me really want to see a good quality new live-action series. No camp, just "hard" drama. I'd love to see a twisted murderous Joker pursued for a season, then spend a season in Arkham as a recurring role, slowly twisting the mind of his therapist Dr. Harleen Quinzel. And so on....
                              I absolutely love that idea. Any major network, please read this post from DigiFluid. A Batman show like that aired today should do very well.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

And in keeping with the "hard" drama, one day the Joker would have to very casually and without a second thought betray and murder her in cold blood. If that sounds horrific....I meant it to be. The Joker isn't a nice guy

And the distortion of Harvey from DA to Harvey Two-Face could be more drawn out and painful to watch, torturous to Bruce especially to see his dear friend go down that path. God, I want this to happen. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X