The Batman Begins Series of Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
    forever wasnt a complete travesty i thought it was alrite just nowhere near the standard of the tim burton batman films
    If they had made Two-Face and Riddler more serious characters, then I think it could have been better.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Artha, for posting the link.

Last summer, Pyewackett and I were extras on this movie. The first day, we did for charity, then they asked us back. I looked like crazy for us in the crowd scenes; it was too distant and fast, but we are there. I still have hopes the scene where I got to duck bullets and run, makes it in. I did recognize many extras with which we worked.

After we were released from filming, I rushed to my car and drove it to meet some Gateworld friends at the Chicago Stargate convention.

I'm pleased to see the film looks gorgeous. It looks cool and fallish, but it was actually hot and steamy, at least in those scenes in front of the Chicago Board of Trade building (the memorial service with all the police). We were sweltering in our coats and our feet were killing us from standing for hours. At one point Pyewackett became ill from the heat and had to leave.

She recovered and worked 2 or 3 more days. We were pedestrians around a great chase scene, too.
      Last edited by Hatusu; 12 January 2008, 01:55 PM.
      Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu View Post
        Thanks, Artha, for posting the link.

Last summer, Pyewackett and I were extras on this movie. The first day, we did for charity, then they asked us back. I looked like crazy for us in the crowd scenes; it was too distant and fast, but we are there. I still have hopes the scene where I got to duck bullets and run, makes it in. I did recognize many extras with which we worked.

After we were released from filming, I rushed to my car and drove it to meet some Gateworld friends at the Chicago Stargate convention.

I'm pleased to see the film looks gorgeous. It looks cool and fallish, but it was actually hot and steamy, at least in those scenes in front of the Chicago Board of Trade building (the memorial service with all the police). We were sweltering in our coats and our feet were killing us from standing for hours. At one point Pyewackett became ill from the heat and had to leave.

She recovered and worked 2 or 3 more days. We were pedestrians around a great chase scene, too.
        No problem at all Hatusu (OMG, i'm talking to a bonefide celebrity, lol)

- hope to see your face in the crowd.
        Last edited by Artha O'neill; 16 January 2008, 01:52 PM.
        Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

If Indiana Jones gets a thread so should one of the other highly anticipated films of 2008. Here we can speculate and talk about the trailer, the prologue with the Joker that was released in IMAX in front of I Am Legend, the cast (Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Aaron Eckhart, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Gary Oldman, etc.), the characters (Bruce Wayne/Batman, The Joker, Harvey Dent, Rachel Dawes, Jim Gordon, etc.), stills from the film that have been released, and the awesome viral promotion campaign.

Can this movie surpass the greatness of Begins? Is it a good thing that Katie Holmes isn't coming back? Will the Joker kick serious ass or is Ledger not the the right guy for the job? What will happen to Harvey Dent and will it happen this movie or next? Are Harvey and Rachel dating? Who is Mike Engel? Do you think the new suit looks cool or do you miss the old one? Will Nolan come back to direct a third Batman installment?

Let's discuss all these question and more as we wait for this summer blockbuster to be release in theaters July 18th, 2008. I've been a Batman fan since I was a kid and I think this will be the best Batman film we've seen.
          Last edited by GatetheWay; 24 January 2008, 12:20 PM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
          Spoiler:

Comment

Batman Begins was awesome. I can't wait for this sequel. I am a little unsure about the joker though. Seems like he might be a bit over the top...
            Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

I saw the first six minutes of the film (the prologue) with the Joker when I saw I Am Legend (good movie) on IMAX and I thought he was really quite creepy and entertaining. Even though he was in the entire thing I wish I'd seen more of him as himself. But the guy just reeks psycho.

Spoiler:

Comment

I am definitely looking forward to this movie. I loved Batman Begins, and am very confident that this one will be even better. I can't wait to see more of the Joker.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think there's a thread on this already:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=49575

but that's ok. Yeah this is one of the few movies I'm really looking forward to this year, looks awesome.
                  Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                  Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                  Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                  --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

I figured that was about the trailer, while this one was about the entire movie.... yeahokay I wanted to make a Dark Knight thread, so there.
                    Last edited by GatetheWay; 20 January 2008, 07:08 PM.

Spoiler:

Comment

to me the idea of heath ledger as the joker is so porposterous that it's bound to be incredible.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Artha O'neill View Post
                        No problem at all Hatusu (OMG, i'm talking to a bonefide celebrity, lol)

- hope to see your face in the crowd.
                        LOL. NOT!

I expect we'll be recognizable in the film somewhere, most likely in the car chase/crash scene. We are definitely in the trailer, but teeny-tiny. We know we are there, but even we can't see ourselves. It's the overhead scene. I'm somewhere in the Gotham police scattering scene, too...I think. I know I was there!

Comment

Believe me. You will definitely not even think of Heath Ledger when you see the Joker. I can't believe he's the same guy. It's amazing he went from this to this. Grant it A Knight's Tale was seven years ago but it's still pretty cool.

Spoiler:

Comment

I'm iffy about Heath Ledger but the more I see him the less I worry

I'm very happy about the replacement of Katie Holme's, to me she's a very typecast actress to the point characters she plays seem to come off a clichés
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu View Post
                              LOL. NOT!

I expect we'll be recognizable in the film somewhere, most likely in the car chase/crash scene. We are definitely in the trailer, but teeny-tiny. We know we are there, but even we can't see ourselves. It's the overhead scene. I'm somewhere in the Gotham police scattering scene, too...I think. I know I was there!
                              In that case, i'm sure your contribution was excellent (even though i don't see you, lol).
                              Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

Originally posted by Artha O'neill View Post
                                In that case, i'm sure your contribution was excellent (even though i don't see you, lol).

I was just re-watching, "Batman Begins". If you live in Chicago, it can really freak you out, especially the scene where the El train plunges off the tracks.

Comment

Working...
                                X