Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yippy
    My copy of Batman Year One arrived today

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
    DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

I was telling my other brother-in-law on Sat about how interested in reading the graphic novels I've become after watching Begins and he said he would ask his friend who collects them if I could borrow a couple. This friend of his apparently has an account/box in the shop because he is such a good customer.
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I wish I knew people who colected graphic novels, I've spent way too much money on them in the last few years.

DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Batman is most certainly back on track now.

The travesty that was those other Batman movies after the original one with Michael Keaton should be locked in a vault somewhere and the key tossed or better yet attached to a rocket and launched into the Sun. This one was even better than the one with Keaton, imo. I so agree with the opinion expressed in this thread that finally Batman was the focus and not the villains.

Christian Bale. Where has this man been hiding? I knew of him in Speilberg’s “Empire of the Sun” (which I love) and then in “Reign of Fire”. He was great as Bruce Wayne and Batman. And I agree that Batman is the “true” Bruce Wayne while Wayne is more of a façade.

Loved the Batmobile. Now that’s a superhero’s vehicle.

The other actors were great in this film. Freeman, Caine, etc. Good choices.

Katie Holmes they can keep though. She was alright, but I’ve never been a fan, and after that whole Tom Cruise fiasco, I really could care less about her. Her acting was fine, but she just didn’t really fit for me. Like Imo said up the thread somewhere, I was seeing Katie Holmes and not the character. And no I never watched Dawson’s Creek.

I didn’t really like how they made Liem Neeson turn out to be the bad guy in the end. I thought that was a poor part of the movie. I understand why he did what he did in trying to destroy the city to essentially save it, but I still think they could have changed that up some. Scarecrow was great though. I hope he comes back in a later film.

Now this was how Batman should have been done to begin with. None of that campy stuff. I mean I was a huge fan of the old Adam West TV show, but none of that should have ever been even remotely incorporated into a movie. That last Batman movie with Clooney was so horrible, I’ve never even actually seen the whole thing, and never plan on seeing it.

So far this is the best movie I’ve seen this year. Course I’ve only seen two, and Batman was the second. Star Wars III doesn’t hold a candle……………..

Again. Christian Bale…………made the movie for me……….
          IMO always implied.

Comment

According to the August issue of Total Film magazine, the proposed shortlist to play the Joker in a future Batman movie is as follows:

Paul Bettany.
            Lachy Hulme (no, I've never heard of him either, he's Australian apparently).
            Crispin Glover.

However - whilst ever so slightly tiddly at the Batman Begins premiere, Christian Bale let it slip that Sean Penn is also in the frame for the role.
            Make of that what you will...
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

From - http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

[i]Well... Warner's finally gone and done it. They've officially announced the DVD release of Batman Begins for 10/18, as we've been expecting. You'll be able to buy a single-disc regular edition (SRP $28.98) and a 2-disc Deluxe Edition (SRP $30.97). Each will include the film in anamorphic widescreen video (2.40:1), with English and French Dolby Digital 5.1 audio. We believe there will be a full frame version of the regular edition as well.

We don't have all the details yet, but we do know that the 2-disc Batman Begins: Deluxe Edition will feature 8 documentaries (including Genesis of the Bat: Batman Incarnations from the Mid-1980s to the Present, The Journey Begins: Creative Concepts, Story Development and Casting, Shaping Mind and Body: Fighting Style, Gotham City Rises: Production Design, Cape and Cowl: The New Batsuit, The Tumbler: The New Batmobile, Path to Discovery: Filming in Iceland and Saving Gotham City: The Monorail Chase Sequence), several Confidential Files featurettes (broken into Characters and Weaponry), an interactive Inner Demons comic book, theatrical trailers, a photo gallery, Easter eggs and DVD-ROM features (including a Batman Begins "mobile game demo"). The set will also include an exclusive 72-page comic book containing 3 reprinted issues/stories that influenced the film (including Detective Comics #37, Batman: The Man Who Falls and Batman: The Long Halloween). There's no word yet on possible audio commentary, and additional extras are likely TBA.

Here's a look at the cover art for both editions. Each is available for preorder now at Amazon.com (just click on the cover art)...

Comment

http://www.syfyportal.com/article.php?id=2034

Writer and director of the upcoming Wonder Woman movie, Joss Whedon ("Serenity," "Buffy the Vampire Slayer") wants to give the historical franchise the "Batman Begins" treatment in an attempt to give fans what they want: the costume, the bracelets, the lasso, maybe even the invisible jet, according to SciFi Wire.
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Finally got my copy of the Batman Begins Limited Edition DVD boxset... It comes with a condensed version of 3 three comic books/graphic novels, collector cards and the soundtrack (which isn't too bad actually). My local retailer threw in a travelling mug as well which is nice...
                  sigpic
                  "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I just got myself the 2 disc one that comes with a silicone bracelets.

Do other countries versions come with commentaries?

Comment

Yeah, I don't understand why there isn't any audio commentary... Not happy Jan...
                      But the soundtrack isn't too bad, actually. Surprisingly good...

Have I said how much I love Christian Bale... he's wonderful in this...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                        Yeah, I don't understand why there isn't any audio commentary... Not happy Jan...
                        Good question Easter Lily, why isn't there and audio commentary? Is Chris Nolan one of the small minority of directors (Spielberg for example) who quote "doesn't like" doing commentary tracks?
                        sigpic
                        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                          Good question Easter Lily, why isn't there and audio commentary? Is Chris Nolan one of the small minority of directors (Spielberg for example) who quote "doesn't like" doing commentary tracks?
                          Well, he didn't have to...
                          Christian Bale or other members of the cast and crew could have done it...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                            Well, he didn't have to...
                            Christian Bale or other members of the cast and crew could have done it...
                            True, true - but you learn things about the movie you otherwise wouldn't know if there's an audio commentary.

For example, in Gladiator when Maximus is talking to young Lucius, the boy points out the horses engraved on Maximus's breastplate.
                            Maxuimus then says that they were his horses, and they were called Scarto and Argento.

On the commentary track (in between puffing away at his cigar) Ridley Scott says words to the effect of "For those who don't know any Latin, the horses are called Trigger and Silver..."
                            sigpic

Comment

Definitely a thumbs-up from me for Batman Begins. I thought Christian Bale was excellent in the role.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The new dark knight trailer, enjoy.

Artha.

http://atasteforthetheatrical.com/deathtrap/default.htm
                                Last edited by Artha O'neill; 10 August 2008, 03:15 PM.
                                Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

Working...
                                X